Buck takes a quick survey of the battlefield and is left... puzzledHema wrote: ↑Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:34 pmFrank is going to scale the building next to him, and stay concealed, whilst I run around and greet guards number 1 and 2.
After shooting one, I'll make a retreat back around the corner, where Frank and I will shoot the guards that follow.
Miles and Buck, you two are going to fly up and take out guards number 3 and 4, and Vynka will flank and take out any remaining guards.
"That don't make no damn tactical sense! First, you'd have to get out of cover and face two squids right in front of you, both of which are fully aware you're there and one of which is halfway hidin' behind a wall as well. Second, I can't even see where the hell squid 3 is from up here, so I sure as hell won't have a good vantage point on it down there. And based on what I see from up here, I won't even be able to get a good shot at 4 without completely exposing myself as well. Even if I could, you'd have me basically shoot the damn gravgun at point blank range! And why would Frank climb up the buildin'? He'd just expose himself!
Listen up how we're gonna do this business. Them squids 1 n' 2 are completely exposed to our side, and maybe they don't even know we be there. I'll fire a gravbolt at 'em, if they don't notice it on time or fail to jump away they're cavillar, both of 'em! Even if they try and run away, Miles can shoot them from behind the corner. Meanwhile, you and Frank should shoot 4, and 3 if you get the opportunity. No damn wall climbin' or acrobatics or whatever other shit! We've got the better tactical position, and we sure as hell won't be dumb enough to squander it. Not on my watch!"
((Basically, what I'm suggesting is this:
1. I'll land near Miles. Hopefully the squids won't move around TOO much by that time. You and Frank keep position at the corner you are currently at, at least until 1 & 2 are dealt with. Me and Miles will position ourselves at the corner where he currently is.
2. If squids 1 & 2 haven't noticed me and Miles, I can get a surprise attack on both of them with the gravbolt, which should be enough to kill/incapacitate both of them since they're so near a wall. I might even be able to pull 3 & 4 out of cover, depending on the scale of the map))
3. If squids 1 & 2 notice us and try to run away, they're screwed in whichever direction they go. If they go in your direction, you have the advantage of cover and a riot shield+shotgun, so you can dispatch them both with almost zero risk to yourself, and additionally they'll have their backs turned against Miles. If they flee northward(which they likely will, considering the only foreseeable cover they could take is there), it won't be as ideal, but they'll still be completely exposed to Miles' plasma fire(and your's too, if you shoot around the corner).
4. Squid 3 is just too well positioned right now for us to take it out. No worries, we can do that next turn if it doesn't move out of it's position (which it won't unless it is stupid). As I said, I might even be able to pull it out of cover using the gravgun.
5. Squid 4 is completely hidden from me and Miles and we'd have to ditch our cover and COMPLETELY expose ourselves to be able to take a shot at it. You and Frank, on the other hand, have a very solid vantage point from which you can take it out. And again, the gravbolt might be able to pull it out of cover if I get it's trajectory just right