Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

Hema wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:34 pm
Frank is going to scale the building next to him, and stay concealed, whilst I run around and greet guards number 1 and 2.
After shooting one, I'll make a retreat back around the corner, where Frank and I will shoot the guards that follow.
Miles and Buck, you two are going to fly up and take out guards number 3 and 4, and Vynka will flank and take out any remaining guards.
Buck takes a quick survey of the battlefield and is left... puzzled
"That don't make no damn tactical sense! First, you'd have to get out of cover and face two squids right in front of you, both of which are fully aware you're there and one of which is halfway hidin' behind a wall as well. Second, I can't even see where the hell squid 3 is from up here, so I sure as hell won't have a good vantage point on it down there. And based on what I see from up here, I won't even be able to get a good shot at 4 without completely exposing myself as well. Even if I could, you'd have me basically shoot the damn gravgun at point blank range! And why would Frank climb up the buildin'? He'd just expose himself!

Listen up how we're gonna do this business. Them squids 1 n' 2 are completely exposed to our side, and maybe they don't even know we be there. I'll fire a gravbolt at 'em, if they don't notice it on time or fail to jump away they're cavillar, both of 'em! Even if they try and run away, Miles can shoot them from behind the corner. Meanwhile, you and Frank should shoot 4, and 3 if you get the opportunity. No damn wall climbin' or acrobatics or whatever other shit! We've got the better tactical position, and we sure as hell won't be dumb enough to squander it. Not on my watch!"

((Basically, what I'm suggesting is this:

1. I'll land near Miles. Hopefully the squids won't move around TOO much by that time. You and Frank keep position at the corner you are currently at, at least until 1 & 2 are dealt with. Me and Miles will position ourselves at the corner where he currently is.

2. If squids 1 & 2 haven't noticed me and Miles, I can get a surprise attack on both of them with the gravbolt, which should be enough to kill/incapacitate both of them since they're so near a wall. I might even be able to pull 3 & 4 out of cover, depending on the scale of the map))

3. If squids 1 & 2 notice us and try to run away, they're screwed in whichever direction they go. If they go in your direction, you have the advantage of cover and a riot shield+shotgun, so you can dispatch them both with almost zero risk to yourself, and additionally they'll have their backs turned against Miles. If they flee northward(which they likely will, considering the only foreseeable cover they could take is there), it won't be as ideal, but they'll still be completely exposed to Miles' plasma fire(and your's too, if you shoot around the corner).

4. Squid 3 is just too well positioned right now for us to take it out. No worries, we can do that next turn if it doesn't move out of it's position (which it won't unless it is stupid). As I said, I might even be able to pull it out of cover using the gravgun.

5. Squid 4 is completely hidden from me and Miles and we'd have to ditch our cover and COMPLETELY expose ourselves to be able to take a shot at it. You and Frank, on the other hand, have a very solid vantage point from which you can take it out. And again, the gravbolt might be able to pull it out of cover if I get it's trajectory just right
))
Last edited by Hapchazzard on Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shit, Lemons is dead, too? And we were outnumbered before! I don't like this, not one bit...I shakily get my breathing under control. If I lose my shit now I could seal all of our fates. I have to try and keep it together...even if this reminds me uncomfortably of Anba.

I get out my plasma rifle- I can stun one of these fukcers later. I move over to the eastern end of my rock and attempt to fire at 4.
Last edited by cuisinart8 on Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

F4wk35 wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:41 am
F4wk35 wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:29 am
*worriedly @Anabai's*
"How long do you think they'll take to get to us?"
((Sorry! Forgot to mark that as an action-request!))
((Yes, I did miss this initially.))
The comms sputter for a moment. "Something like... two to four minutes. Hope you guys are ready," someone says back. They have a particularly odd accent. It sounds like they're talking around a mouthful of food or something. You hope you heard them right.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

((Respect the Brom))
"Roger that, Mister Brom, sir!"

((Then respect the wishes of the Brom))
Fly up.
Fire laser gun thingy at guard number 3 once.
((I so wanted to say "until dead"))
If he dies,
- fire laser gun thingy at guard number 4 once.
Otherwise,
- fire once more at guard number 3.

((Stay alive))
Dodge any and all incoming fire.

((Wot be nxt))
If both guards are dead,
- ask Brom what to do next.
Otherwise,
- sigh deeply.

((Burritos))
Picture a nice, hot, juicy, mouth-watering burrito. Don't get distracted by it, though.
I am Groot.
Please don't take my advice. You will wind up in jail if you do.
For some reason, I feel obliged to display how many people have talked in IRC over the past 2 hours: Image :problem:
:ugeek:

Detritus wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:31 pm
((Respect the Brom))
"Roger that, Mister Brom, sir!"

((Then respect the wishes of the Brom))
Fly up.
Fire laser gun thingy at guard number 3 once.
((I so wanted to say "until dead"))
If he dies,
- fire laser gun thingy at guard number 4 once.
Otherwise,
- fire once more at guard number 3.

((Stay alive))
Dodge any and all incoming fire.

((Wot be nxt))
If both guards are dead,
- ask Brom what to do next.
Otherwise,
- sigh deeply.

((Burritos))
Picture a nice, hot, juicy, mouth-watering burrito. Don't get distracted by it, though.
((How about we actually discuss and agree on a plan instead of just blindly following the first idea that comes up? Squad Beta sure as hell won't be able to save our asses if we start getting into a bad situation now. While these are just 4 lightly armed guards, that still doesn't mean we're invulnerable against them and that we should just Leroy Jenkins into the courtyard. For all we know, there could be 10 more guards coming out of those doors soon enough, and we'd just get caught in the open. ))

Hapchazzard wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:27 pm
((How about we actually discuss and agree on a plan instead of just blindly following the first idea that comes up? Squad Beta sure as hell won't be able to save our asses if we start getting into a bad situation now. While these are just 4 lightly armed guards, that still doesn't mean we're invulnerable against them and that we should just Leroy Jenkins into the courtyard. For all we know, there could be 10 more guards coming out of those doors soon enough, and we'd just get caught in the open. ))
((Well excuse me, but it sure looked like Brom was issuing orders.))
I am Groot.
Please don't take my advice. You will wind up in jail if you do.
For some reason, I feel obliged to display how many people have talked in IRC over the past 2 hours: Image :problem:
:ugeek:

((Brom was hired as an assassin to kill the only living Burritoman on the planet Aegar XVII, but the Burritoman escaped unscathed. They are now his archenemy.

Edit: If multiple people are still discussing tactics by the time it's time for me to lock the thread, I'll hold off an extra day or two.

Reedit: I'm going to post the nacelle image again, this time with a player icon legend, to quell potential confusion
Spoiler:      SHOW
))
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

0111narwhalz wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:14 pm
"What did you call me, Broom?"
"It's Brom, actually. And I called you Vynka because it's a bit easier to remember than Vynkor."

((@Happchazzard, I've sent you a pm regarding your posts. Please look at it when you get the chance.))
((@Det, thank you for following orders. Brom has a lot of respect for burrito-kind, and is in good relations with them.
Contrary to what Tal said, he has never taken on a job to kill the last burritoman, but if he did, I can assure you that he would not have escaped.))
Breaker of fortune cookies

Online Now