Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

To Anabais' squad: "Wait, lady, give us some more information! How many? Are they well armed? Do they have any of 'em mind-controlin' wizard ships with them? Now, I can mop the floor with any damn regular squid you send against me, but I ain't dealin' with that mind-control magic hulabaloo, they ain't pay me enough for that shit."

Hapchazzard wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:23 pm
To Anabais' squad: "Wait, lady, give us some more information! How many? Are they well armed? Do they have any of 'em mind-controlin' wizard ships with them? Now, I can mop the floor with any damn regular squid you send against me, but I ain't dealin' with that mind-control magic hulabaloo, they ain't pay me enough for that shit."
Someone speaks up, but it's not Anabais. "Four, and they look weakly armed - well, for us. And no mind control tech, they only have the cheap shit. Anabais ordered us not to go after them, so I hope you enjoy their company, fellas."

((Buck is one of my favorite characters. :D ))
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Evil_Anabai's_Gang wrote: Someone speaks up, but it's not Anabais. "Four, and they look weakly armed - well, for us. And no mind control tech, they only have the cheap shit. Anabais ordered us not to go after them, so I hope you enjoy their company, fellas."
*worriedly @Anabai's*
"How long do you think they'll take to get to us?"

@Rest of alpha

Frightening off the civilians, good. Killing them all...not good.

"We...couldn't have managed that...without lethal force...could we...?"
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

F4wk35 wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:29 am
@Rest of alpha
"We...couldn't have managed that...without lethal force...could we...?"
"We can't afford to risk someone alerting the enemy to our presence. That would ruin our surprise entrance! We have to do this stealthily, so they won't know I'm here until we reveal ourselves.

With enemy fighters approaching, we'll have to mop up the ground targets quickly.
Buck, Miles, since you two appear to be glued to your seats, I'd like for you to take out a couple targets from the air. 3 and 4 will do nicely.
Frank and I will greet 1 and 2, and Vynka can help by flanking from the right.
As much as I hate it, after that we'll have to head to ships for the aerial meet-and-greet.
Do I have any objections?"
Breaker of fortune cookies

Hema wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:44 am
Buck, Miles, since you two appear to be glued to your seats, I'd like for you to take out a couple targets from the air. 3 and 4 will do nicely.
As much as I hate it, after that we'll have to head to ships for the aerial meet-and-greet.
Alerting them to our presence? After some of their military craft are already on their way? After dust-knows how many civilians saw our entrance here and ran away? After the local guards are already going to intercept us? ...Sure, why not...

"Brom, lad. I thought about climbing up on a the structure to get behind their back...I have some sticky bolts and rope here for that. What do you think about a 3-sided attack?"
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

F4wk35 wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:56 am
Hema wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:44 am
"Brom, lad. I thought about climbing up on a the structure to get behind their back...I have some sticky bolts and rope here for that. What do you think about a 3-sided attack?"
"I think you're onto something there, Frank. You can scale the wall next to you, and climb almost to the top, to provide cover for yourself.
I'll run around and shoot one of the guards, and then retreat behind the wall. They won't see you when they're following me, so you'll have a clear shot at them.
Once you're ready to fire, I'll pop out of cover and make an attack of my own. Vynka can take whatever enemy is remaining, as by that point everyone will be focused on me. "

Talvieno wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:06 pm
((Buck is one of my favorite characters. :D ))
((I have great fun playing as him too!))

"Four cheap cans o' shit against me!? They can shoot me all they like, it dun make no difference to me, but this is an insult! What do they take us, ME, for!? Them squids sure are full of themselves if they think they can deal with me with four hunks o junk!"

@my squad:

"Come on! Don't y'all have nothin' better to do than shoot some unarmed aliens? Them squids take us for fools if they think four fighters is enough against us. I say we go give 'em a little welcoming party! The magic fuel can wait, or we can split."

Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:43 pm
"well, now we have fine, pasty lemonade on the ground over there"
"Wait, he fell off? Lemons died? Damn..."
If only I'd seen him, I might've been able to catch him...
Loscadh is dó ort... bloody squids.
I tried to be nice, but screw it, no more holding back.

First things first: I scurry back into proper cover, this isn't a good position.
Next, I show squid 4, who conveniently positioned himself out of cover from my view, what a real grav amp can do by throwing him upwards with a full 2g and letting him splat on the ground.
Then I use my electro amp to cause a lightning bolt to fly from the ship behind squid 8 in his face so his cover isn't in the way, hoping it doesn't destroy his teleport thingy.
(( according to the wiki I can do that - "Lets you shoot electricity from wherever to wherever, provided there's an electric charge" and metal has a charge :D ))
Finally I use my stasis amp twice (breaking the useless empty field in the process), on squid 7 (if still alive) preferably and then whichever is most threatening to us.

If at some point one of them launches a grenade or similar at one of us, I use my grav amp to throw it back (and do a stasis less at the end)
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Hapchazzard wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:41 pm
@my squad:
"Come on! Don't y'all have nothin' better to do than shoot some unarmed aliens? Them squids take us for fools if they think four fighters is enough against us. I say we go give 'em a little welcoming party! The magic fuel can wait, or we can split."
@Buck
"Don't underestimate my fans, Buck; they're more resourceful than you'd expect.
I've seen them make weapons and traps out of all sorts of things. I had one particularly enthusiastic follower
that brought me all sorts of homemade weapons. A rifle made fashioned from exotic fruit from Sindri III for example.
Great weapon too, used it in one of my jobs once. I'm lucky to have such clever fans."

@Alpha
"Here's the plan, guys.
Frank is going to scale the building next to him, and stay concealed, whilst I run around and greet guards number 1 and 2.
After shooting one, I'll make a retreat back around the corner, where Frank and I will shoot the guards that follow.
Miles and Buck, you two are going to fly up and take out guards number 3 and 4, and Vynka will flank and take out any remaining guards.
Once they're down, we'll all return to our caskets to deal with the approaching fighters."

Online Now