Return to “Games”

Re: Star Citizen

ResultsMayDiffer wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:33 pm
A good post. I'm glad you can write off $70 and even stomach Josh's abuse with pride. Nice Sig. But there are some of us that demand respect.
Oh, I've had to write off much bigger sums. Life can be rather harsh when you leave Internet and take your first steps into the wild Unknown. In any case, I demand my respect not by incessant whining, but by acting. I'd demand it with the tip of my blade, if the need arises. If you really can't stand what CIG and Chris Roberts (im)personally are doing, you are very welcome to take them on in any form that's still legal in your country.

I repeat it again - here, you won't find any support, so please do your hate mob recruitment elsewhere.
Survivor of the Josh Parnell Blackout of 2015.

ResultsMayDiffer wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:05 pm

And anybody going to the event(s)? Victor?
I receive all the invites, ResultsMayDiffer. Due to my "excessive generosity" there is very little I'm unaware of concerning invitations...but being a true recluse I haven't attended any of these events.

At the risk of repeating myself, it was my decision to pledge the money to the game in the form of acquiring additional ships etc. I was warned repeatedly that there was no need to pledge more than was required to acquire a package containing the game and a ship and, with the exception of one ship, I would be able to obtain these ships in-game. If I was in the position where I couldn't afford to write off my additional pledges I wouldn't have made them. I'm truly sorry for anyone who pledged more than they could afford believing that this was some kind of pre-order.

I've supported a number of projects where there was a chance I would never see any return. Star Citizen and Limit Theory being two of them. Where these two projects differ is that Josh Parnell was aware fairly early on that he couldn't deliver on some of the rewards he had offered and issued refunds where appropriate.

Unlike some, I still have faith that both games will be successful but If I needed some kind of guarantee I would have waited until the games were completed and available for purchase in a regular manner. Of course, if I and others had done that with some projects there would be nothing to discuss. Limit Theory would likely still be an Idea In the head of a talented older man and Chris Roberts would be offering something far less grand. :angel:

outlander wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:40 pm
Oh, I've had to write off much bigger sums. Life can be rather harsh when you leave Internet and take your first steps into the wild Unknown. In any case, I demand my respect not by incessant whining, but by acting. I'd demand it with the tip of my blade, if the need arises. If you really can't stand what CIG and Chris Roberts (im)personally are doing, you are very welcome to take them on in any form that's still legal in your country.

I repeat it again - here, you won't find any support, so please do your hate mob recruitment elsewhere.
How long is your katana? Hugging my ships a lot today.

ResultsMayDiffer wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:17 am
How long is your katana? Hugging my ships a lot today.
73 cm from the tsuba. I don't remember what it was in Japanese sword length units when I bought it. I'm mostly a Historical European Martial Arts practitioner, though; there's no dojo teaching kenjitsu where I currently live. I hope I'll get an opportunity to work in Japan for a bit, and do some proper kenjitsu training there. Till then, it's longsword, Spanish rapier, and Russian shashka :)

Off-topic, though.
Survivor of the Josh Parnell Blackout of 2015.

In my limited experience, if you want to gain respect of others on a forum, start by making quality posts. Slowly acquire a following and reach for more and more influential positions on the website. For example, work on the game wiki, work on getting the devlogs into easy to search PDF files, and make signatures for others. Basically make yourself valuable to the community. Then, at the height of your power decide what you will do with it.

If you want Star Citizen to fail, you must do this on their forums. Doing it here, on a forum following such a small game in comparison is a stupid waste of time. You want 20,000 people to respect your word and to leave Star Citizen when you do? You'll have to earn their respect first.

outlander wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:57 am
I hope I'll get an opportunity to work in Japan for a bit, and do some proper kenjitsu training there.
I also hope you will get that opportunity, outlander. :)
BFett wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:24 pm
In my limited experience, if you want to gain respect of others on a forum, start by making quality posts.
:( Dammit! I knew I was doing something wrong, BFett. :angel:

Well, for all the angry people, I'm hoping someone tries a class action lawsuit sometime so they can get their money back. Small claims actions are a huge waste of time and resources in a case like this where you could get at least a few thousand people in a group. Also, you can get better legal representation in a class action because there is more money up for grabs.

Personally, I wrote off my pledge to SC a long time ago. The performance has always been awful for me no matter what I do and no matter what I play it on. I think we need a new type of game pledge where you give 50% up front and 50% upon receipt. It seems that there is little incentive for them to actually finish SC. They already have money from at least a significant number of the people who would buy the game upon release, if not a majority of such people.

To me, Star Citizen has always been about ethics. If CIG wants to comprehensively fail at making a video game, that’s fine, so long as it’s on their own dime. But they compulsively misrepresent their product, and openly lie and misdirect the public as an intentional marketing strategy in order to lure in prospective customers. They continually manipulate existing customers with false promises, utilizing high-pressure sales techniques with the sole purpose of upselling. I am absolutely disgusted with recent predatory marketing and sales tactics that EA and others employ, but CIG is ten times worse.

With as much politeness as I can force into a single post.

Online Now