Return to “Games”

Re: Star Citizen

One of the things that are expected/speculated to fix framerate issues is bind culling, from what I understand of bind culling is that it the client would grab simulated data from the server for things that are within the players "local" area instead of grabbing all simulation data for everything happening in the star system.

How much this will improve framerate is still unknown as they did an initial test of bind culling with the evocati test group.
:D

Well, I finally received my invitation from the Chairman's Club to apply for my Wing Commander and Legatus physical certificate of rank, hand-signed by the Chairman's Club Board of Trustees. *chuckle* Obviously, with my love of physical collector stuff, I accepted this invitation in the blink of an eye. :D

It seems, from what I've gleaned from further reading, I will be awarded the title "Legatus" not "Wing Commander" due to my excessive generosity...

So if anyone fancies calling me names and questioning my sanity or level of intelligence for pledging so much to this game get in line, bloody peasants! ;)

Unfortunately, my Jump Point Year 3 Hardcover book is still MIA. It made the trip from China in record time only to be "lost" in the machinations of Heathrow Airport. :( I'm sure it will be delivered sometime this month.

So mixed news for me on the SC collectibles front. :angel:

Edit: My thoughts were on Monty Python and the Holy Grail at the time of writing a part of this post. :lol:

Streetroller apparently never got his refund and is tired of waiting for delivery of the product he purchased.

Streetroller wrote: Image

So Here's The Deal: I'm suing Chris Roberts for consumer fraud in small claims court.
Everything he's ever said will be used against him as a public figure, and his litany of LLC shell companies don't protect him.
He either comes to Jersey to defend himself, or get's a default judgment of being a fraud.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojx7VcbowYQ
lol. Didn't you already get a refund?
Streetroller wrote: Image
nope.jpg

Figure that one out.

Well, he does sound like a very unhappy man. :( I can see from the video that he has physical challenges to face each day which can be dispiriting I would think. Not sure what he's smoking but it doesn't appear to be helping much.

If he's already received his refund I suggest he does what Derek failed to do, just move on. :angel:

I can't help but notice that this thread is degrading into a one man's stand-up comedy show rant about CIG, SC folks, and Chris Roberts personally.

I think it's rather counter-productive, both because people here are rather stoical when it comes to such matters (Josh has taught us that :ghost: ), and because venting about it to a crowd that's not really affected by it does not achieve venting's primary goal of instant gratification.

I've voiced my opinion on SC long ago ('70 bucks I'll never get back'); I don't currently even have the hardware to run it, and their tank is so atrocious that a little part of me dies every time I look at it :ghost:

But I don't find fuming about it helpful, and, quite honestly, neither do I find stories from a long line of people of no immediate importance to the society who had a problem with their refund/game development/Chris Roberts personally to be in any way interesting or even entertaining.

I don't know how many people here would share the sentiment, but I don't think I am alone in that. Did I make myself clear?
Survivor of the Josh Parnell Blackout of 2015.

ResultsMayDiffer wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:05 pm
Not that I really care but originally they promised there would be nothing only real money could buy.
oh noes. skins. such a game changing addition!

and considering that SC is probably going to end up similar to EVE in that regard... just buy the stuff in game from the people who got it for real money. like one of the most important market segments in EvE works :V

also, what outlander said.
what is ranting here going to archieve?
we all acknowledge that its probably going to explode at some point and/or isnt going to be as awesome as promised
but its our money and we also couldnt care less about random persons whining about their refunds :V

ResultsMayDiffer wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:05 pm
March 8th & April 20th - Experience a face-scanning and Mocap demo at our Derby studio.
Oh more Mo-Cap. Well done I didn't think they had it in them.

outlander wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:07 pm
I can't help but notice that this thread is degrading into a one man's stand-up comedy show rant about CIG, SC folks, and Chris Roberts personally.

I think it's rather counter-productive, both because people here are rather stoical when it comes to such matters (Josh has taught us that :ghost: ), and because venting about it to a crowd that's not really affected by it does not achieve venting's primary goal of instant gratification.

I've voiced my opinion on SC long ago ('70 bucks I'll never get back'); I don't currently even have the hardware to run it, and their tank is so atrocious that a little part of me dies every time I look at it :ghost:

But I don't find fuming about it helpful, and, quite honestly, neither do I find stories from a long line of people of no immediate importance to the society who had a problem with their refund/game development/Chris Roberts personally to be in any way interesting or even entertaining.

I don't know how many people here would share the sentiment, but I don't think I am alone in that. Did I make myself clear?
A good post. I'm glad you can write off $70 and even stomach Josh's abuse with pride. Nice Sig.

But there are some of us that demand respect.

Online Now