Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

((Going back to ham mode))
F4wk35 wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:23 am
"So, Brom. What next? Aside from repairs? Is there something usable down there?"
"I haven't yet had the time to examine the wreckage yet, Frank.
But if there's anything useful down here besides myself (and Saoirse), you can bet that I'll find it!"
F4wk35 wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:42 pm
Hapchazzard wrote: "Well there ain't no damn aliens above it this time! What are we supposed to do, just stand here, twiddle our thumbs and wait for them squids to bring the magic fuel to us?"
"No, lad! But it also won't do to rush in without a plan! I only know about your first try second-hand, so i'd want some information from Brom first."

The one you people elected squad leader!

"And those 'squids' have a rather potent military! I know they are distracted right now, but what kind of military doesn't have ground-based anti-air capabilities near important facilities?"

Like oh! For example the only thing that keeps them from being incapacitated by gravity itself!
Why, just why did i agree to this trade!

"We can certainly use the opportunity to try and at least look over that ridge though, to get a bead on possible reinforcements coming our way, no?"
"Frank is right, Buck. You never go into battle without a decent plan.
As luck would have it, I am quite the strategist, and am currently in the process of formulating a plan of attack.

Anti-air would not be unexpected, no. If there's some present, we may have to ditch our coffins- ahem, er, CASKETS and approach the site on foot.

Sadly, looking over the ridge is what started this little incident, Frank. If we're to look over the edge of the ridge again, I would think it wise to do so on foot. That way there's less of you for our gracious hosts to see."
Breaker of fortune cookies

Dinosawer wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:06 am
Detritus wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:33 pm
Ask Vynkor how my ship is.
(( talking is not an action, just... talk to Vynkor :P Why RP at all if you're not even willing to write your own dialogue? ))
(( *shrug* Actions changed :3 ))
I am Groot.
Please don't take my advice. You will wind up in jail if you do.
For some reason, I feel obliged to display how many people have talked in IRC over the past 2 hours: Image :problem:
:ugeek:

Brom wrote: Sadly, looking over the ridge is what started this little incident, Frank. If we're to look over the edge of the ridge again, I would think it wise to do so on foot. That way there's less of you for our gracious hosts to see."
I'd rather get a lot more distance between myself and this colony...

"So I guess we'll gather some information before we get to it then, no, Brom?"

"Uhm...Buck, right? It'd be safer to go for that as a group and a bit of reconnaissance wouldn't hurt when we're wedged into this place as close together as we are now..."

"I'd...uhm...intend to fly around this ridge on ground level to see if the neighbouring canyon is clear, then I'd fly up and land the CASKET out of sigh behind the ridge so I can take a careful look on foot past it...you're in?"
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

Well, judging by the excessive amounts of red in the diagnostic and Gearhead's oh-so-comforting sounds of frustration and displeasure, this tub isn't going to be doing much in the way of not getting me killed...and this is one of many reasons why I never joined the fighter corps. I've always just been terrible at maneuvering in flight. I'm starting to wish I'd spent more time with flight sims back on Dashta. The fact that the maneuvering is even more fukced-up than usual isn't going to do me any favors, either. FSM, I hate this mission...

I take off carefully, flying gingerly into formation with Bob and keeping an eye on the nacelle. If I see an enemy I fire at them once and then take cover.
Last edited by cuisinart8 on Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Triggerhappy wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:56 am
Snore lightly.
Dream of warm blankets.
"EY! LAZYASS! GET THE FUCK UP AND DO SOMETHING USEFUL! You can sleep when you are dead! If you want to hasten that i can help you!"
"But until then get a diagnostic of your rustbucket done! Else i 'accidentally' miswire the thruster controls you still have!"
"You can also take some materials and get some of the damage patched yourself!
"Stupid meatsack"

take repair kit over to lemon's ship, repair its main thrusters

F4wk35 wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:57 am
Brom wrote: Sadly, looking over the ridge is what started this little incident, Frank. If we're to look over the edge of the ridge again, I would think it wise to do so on foot. That way there's less of you for our gracious hosts to see."
I'd rather get a lot more distance between myself and this colony...

"Uhm...Buck, right? It'd be safer to go for that as a group and a bit of reconnaissance wouldn't hurt when we're wedged into this place as close together as we are now..."

"I'd...uhm...intend to fly around this ridge on ground level to see if the neighbouring canyon is clear, then I'd fly up and land the CASKET out of sigh behind the ridge so I can take a careful look on foot past it...you're in?"
"Well, um, depends. Will there be a lot o' walkin'?"

F4wk35 wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:57 am

"I was thinking that we could fly over the ridge immediately to the north, and then fly across the pass at K6 while looking west for enemies.
The best way to avoid my fans is to avoid letting them see you. Something like this should do rather nicely
When we get to the northern ridge at K6, we can fly around and surprise our lucky hosts. I'm certain that they'll be happy to see me.

We should get everyone patched up before then of course. I want everyone looking their best when we make our appearance."
Breaker of fortune cookies

Lemons wrote: "Frank. I need your ship hook. You need my egg cracking kit. Come forth and claim thy tools of salvage."
"Ah, right. It seems I forgot something then."

"I have to say, Brom, that I actually wanted to fly around the first ridge closer to the ground so we might be able to spot and prepare in case they decided to send a squad directly over the canyon...Though anyway. I will meet up with you again after I took a look at lemon's stellaplex-harness..."

Which he hopefully hasn't broken like the rest of his ship...

Land near Lemon's ship, far enough away to not impair Gearhead's repairs.
Take a look at the harness attached to lemon's ship.
if it's broken beyond medium repairs or looks too hard to transfer to another ship.
-tell Lemons and move the anchoring bolts from my ship to his.
if the harness is able to be transfered and in acceptable condition.
-switch out his harness and my anchoring bolts.
Then meet up with Brom again.
If enemies happen to show up
-abort what I'm doing atm
-return into the CASKET
-Shoot said enemy once with the MFM
-Get into cover
Last edited by F4wk35 on Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

0111narwhalz wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:23 pm
Detritus wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:33 pm
"Vynkor, how is my ship? Is it capable of taking more beating?"
"Why don't you run a diagnostic and tell me?"
"Why don't I stuff my mouth with burritos?"

Silently curse myself for being stupid.

Run a diagnostic on my ship after I'm done being mad at myself.
Summarize diagnostic for Vynkor.
I am Groot.
Please don't take my advice. You will wind up in jail if you do.
For some reason, I feel obliged to display how many people have talked in IRC over the past 2 hours: Image :problem:
:ugeek:

Online Now