Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

Cha0zz wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:30 am
@Brom:
"Ok then I'll take Lemons"
"Oh, and his name is J I M M Y not Timmy"
"And I'll see if Frank wants to join you, but that's up to him though"
"Thank you for your cooperation, Bob. You won't regret it.
Ah, right. Sorry Bob, my mistake. I'll try to remember from now on. "
F4wk35 wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:54 am
"Brom, keep in mind that my CASKET is not equipped with a transportation harness for the material."
"Good point... We'll see if we can switch out your mission specific gear before heading out.
Lemons! What's the status of your carrying harness? Has it been blown off yet?"
Dinosawer wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:14 am
"Hmm? Oh, didn't any of you guys think of bringing a cargo pod?
I can tag along if you want, guess we're stopping to get people some repairs anyway."
"Lemons did, Saoirse. Think he may have lost it over the colony already though. Tough work being a decoy."
Breaker of fortune cookies

Buck is slightly irked by Brom's last comment. He grumbles to himself (NOT into the radio): "Don't get hit? No shit! It ain't my damn fault half this squad's as useless as a solar-powered flashlight!"

Suspiciously: "I don't remember Lemons bein' this stupid back in VR. Maybe them squids are hamperin' his ability to think... or worse, maybe they be controllin' his very mind! I've gotta warn that Bob fella, to watch out, just in case."

Obligingly take off, completely forgetting that my OS is messed up
Make note to avoid getting into close combat in my CASKET in the future, my loadout seems to be better for a bit longer-ranged engagements
Go regroup with my squad (basically follow where Brom is), avoid getting close to any dangers or being too noticeable (e.g. flying very high)
if the rest of my squad fails to defeat the last remaining squid for whatever reason
- Fry it if it happens to be within my range, but don't go out of my way to do so if it isn't
if I can open a private channel to Bob, I do so and tell him: "Bob, I've gotta tell you somethin' important, but only if you promise you'll keep it a secret. I don't wanna throw around any accusations yet, and I don't wanna worry about the rest of this here platoon panicking. Can I trust you?"

cuisinart8 wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:13 am
"Hey guys, think I could get patched up? This thing is barely flying anymore!"

"Coming!"
"Can you run computer diagnostics while im doing the most critical repairs? I'm going to talk you through it if you need it"
"would save a fair bit of time"

talk Caleb though the diagnostics steps if he agrees
meanwhiletake repair kit over to Caleb's ship
and fix up Caleb's maneuvering thrusters (and any small things that pop up during the diagnostics) in a focused manner without much haste ((aka please dont multiroll me into blowing the antimatter reactor :V ))

Hapchazzard wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:08 pm

if I can open a private channel to Bob, I do so and tell him: "Bob, I've gotta tell you somethin' important, but only if you promise you'll keep it a secret. I don't wanna throw around any accusations yet, and I don't wanna worry about the rest of this here platoon panicking. Can I trust you?"
((I asked tal, you can communicate with bob privately so I'm going to answer now))

((pm'd the answer on corn's request))
LT Wiki | IRC | REKT Wiki
Idiots. Idiots everywhere. ~Dr. Cha0zz

((Awww, but I was curious to see where that was going! :problem:

edit: Okay, as it seems people are still RP'ing, I'm initiating a "soft lock" on the thread. What this means: I have copied down ALL YOUR ACTIONS. Any edits to actions after this post is posted will NOT be counted or even acknowledged. Any additional actions will also be ignored. You can continue to RP or whatever, but I'll hopefully have the post done by the end of today. Hopefully. Fingers crossed.))
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

TURN 6

Map:
Spoiler:      SHOW

Miles
Detritus wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:38 pm
"Oh, burrito squash!"

"Of course, Brom. Don't have to ask me twice..."

Perform a tactical re-positioning (retreat) to K8.
Evade enemy fire.

Land near Buck.
"Oh, burrito squash," you gasp, barely evading a sudden volley of plasma with a reflexive dodge to the right. A laser, dimly outlined by the dusty air, passes near your cockpit. "Don't have to ask me twice, Brom," you say, doing an about-face and performing a tactical re-positioning to the south. As you turn and flee, another volley flies past - and one of them hits you in the rear engines. You're not sure how bad, but... it doesn't seem to be bad enough to get you killed.

Brom, Vynkor, Bob and Frank work together to keep the guy from following you, and you descend, landing in the valley below near Buck just as he takes off and heads northwards. Gearhead is still nearby, busy working things out with Caleb - and Vynkor soon lands near as well.

Vynkor spends the next few minutes with her repair kit, working on your ship. She says nothing as to the status, though, so you're left in the dark for the time being.

Vynkor
0111narwhalz wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:37 pm
I come out from behind the ridge and, aiming carefully, fire one shot at the remaining fighter.
If this does not result in a kill:
-I attempt to draw the fighter's aggro.
-If the fighter is now targeting me:
–I try to lure the fighter back towards the rest of the squad.
If the fighter is killed on that shot:
-I find a particularly damaged ally and land with them to start repairs. Probably Caleb or Miles, since they're hurt badly and have guns. If neither cooperate, I settle for Lemons since he's already landed.
You and a few others - Brom, Frank, and Bob - fly up from behind the ridge and focus fire on the final Hiltorel fighter. He's flanked and cornered - and he goes down in an instant from two critical railgun punctures (yours and Brom's), followed by a complete charring of the whole vehicle by Frank. Operation Fried Calamari is a complete and total success.

Circling your ship lazily back around, you look for a particularly damaged ally. Gearhead is discussing repairs with Caleb, and walking him through running a diagnostics scan; you decide to work on Miles. Miles passes you on his way to the rendezvous point, and you follow, setting your ships down carefully side by side in the valley below. You release your repair kit, make sure your suit is sealed, open the cockpit canopy and climb out.

As you drag your bulky kit through the cracked, sandy soil, you soon come eye to eye with the worst of the damage on Miles' ship: the bottom-most engine looks like it's been ripped open and mangled by explosive plasma fire. You can't really tell much beyond that. Diagnostics would probably be helpful to determine the extent of the damage, but lacking that, you roll your repair kit up close (while Miles waits comfortably from inside his cockpit) and release the latches on the repair kit. It falls open in the sand, and you take inventory.

Blowtorch, tape of several varieties (including two supersized rolls of classic duct tape), welding metal, plastic and metal sheeting, resin patches, and an assortment of screwdrivers and wrenches. ...and none of it is really going to help with a busted engine, but you figure you could at least patch up any fuel leaks or shut off any loose circuitry.

~~~

Before long, you've tied off all the fuel and coolant leaks to Miles' lower engine. It's not much, and you've managed to get it shut off completely, but without any other tools, there's not going to be much more you can do. You've definitely helped, though - any risk of implosion or explosion from high heat or stress has been nullified.

• 9 railgun shots left
Frank
F4wk35 wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:19 am
Brom wrote: "I don't have any place to put salvaged equipment, Frank. Saoirse would be the better choice for that.
If you really think that there's something salvageable on that scrap heap though, I can still fly down an have a look."
"This is less about useful salvage back to the Nemesis, but more a measure because we might be able to use the parts for our imminent repairs and to keep the fact in mind that there are crews of 2 in these ships. It wouldn't do to have that one shoot at us because we let our guard down, no? And perhaps we can use it to get a peek at their comms...All advantages we might be able to put to good use!"

Fly over to where Miles and his hostile fighter are.
Fire the MFM at the hostile once in optimal range.
Hack them to hamper their maneuvering thrusters.
Get behind cover.
Keep an eye out for possible hostile reinforcements
If additional hostiles are spotted
-Get behind cover.
If the last remaining hostile is defeated
-regroup with Brom
You and a few others - Brom, Vynkor, and Bob - fly up from behind the ridge and focus fire on the final hiltorel fighter. He's flanked and cornered - and he goes down in an instant from two critical railgun punctures, followed by a complete charring of the entire vehicle (your doing: you managed to hit the ship's resonance points just right). Operation Fried Calamari is a complete and total success.

Before you head back, you look around for more reinforcements, just in case any more of the squids might be incoming. Fortunately enough, it doesn't appear so. The dusty pink-orange skies are clear of any enemy activity; the lonesome peaks on the chaotic ridges fade into the distance. You're completely in the clear.

You take your ship back around, regrouping with the guy who's going to be your new squad lead: Brom. He's on the ground with Saoirse, exploring the wreck of the enemy vehicle you shot down; you hover near him to provide air support if necessary.

Buck
Hapchazzard wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:08 pm
Buck is slightly irked by Brom's last comment. He grumbles to himself (NOT into the radio): "Don't get hit? No shit! It ain't my damn fault half this squad's as useless as a solar-powered flashlight!"

Suspiciously: "I don't remember Lemons bein' this stupid back in VR. Maybe them squids are hamperin' his ability to think... or worse, maybe they be controllin' his very mind! I've gotta warn that Bob fella, to watch out, just in case."

Obligingly take off, completely forgetting that my OS is messed up
Make note to avoid getting into close combat in my CASKET in the future, my loadout seems to be better for a bit longer-ranged engagements
Go regroup with my squad (basically follow where Brom is), avoid getting close to any dangers or being too noticeable (e.g. flying very high)
if the rest of my squad fails to defeat the last remaining squid for whatever reason
- Fry it if it happens to be within my range, but don't go out of my way to do so if it isn't
((You can open a private channel to Bob. Preferably, Cornflakes can simply learn to separate player and character knowledge as he's supposed to. :lol: It's a valuable skill in a roleplaying game - some might say an essential one. (I kind of say 'essential' too.) ))
After a very slow, careful takeoff, you feel quite reassured that your ship can fly just fine without your OS or central computer system online. You hover a bit, making sure nothing will fail, and then head over to where Brom is taking care of checking out an alien wreck. Frank soon joins up as well, and the two of you watch Brom and Saoirse explore the wreckage.

Bob
Cha0zz wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:30 am
"Hmpf, what do you think Jimmy?"
*Bob makes Jimmy nod his head*

@Brom:
"Ok then I'll take Lemons"
"Oh, and his name is J I M M Y not Timmy"
"And I'll see if Frank wants to join you, but that's up to him though"

@Frank
"Is ok for you to join alpha squad and Lemons join Beta squad?"
"Brom won't stop nagging me about it"
"Bob. If you let Lemons on your team, Lemons promises to get Bob a cool new toy from the enemy for Bob to play with."
"Bob like enemy toys"
*grin*

Fly to K7 and attack the enemy fighter there once with each of my weapons (only fire once I'm in optimal range and only one shot per weapon)
Dodge all weapon fire towards me

If there are still enemies:
- take cover

If/when all enemies are cleared:
- Fly towards the top of the mountain at the K8/K9 border to get a view on the nacelle
- If I spot enemies: take cover
You and a few others - Brom, Vynkor, and Frank - fly up from behind the ridge and focus fire on the final Hiltorel fighter. He's flanked and cornered, and he goes down in an instant from two critical railgun punctures, followed by a complete charring of the entire vehicle from Frank's Microwave Field Emitter. Your shot didn't actually make contact, but regardless, Operation Fried Calamari is a complete and total success.

Before you leave, you look around for more reinforcements, just in case any more of the squids might be incoming. Fortunately enough, it doesn't appear so. You turn around, leaving Frank, Vynkor, and Brom behind, and fly south toward the southernmost ridge.

This ridge, somewhat steeper than the others, overlooks the nacelle three kilometers to the south. You look around, trying to see if there are any enemies about, but there don't seem to be any left - at least in the air. It seems like there may be some more enemy crafts landed on the ground, if you trust your vision. Jimmy seems to sense this as well. He advises you exercise caution.

Saoirse
Dinosawer wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:14 am
Hema wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:38 pm
"I don't have any place to put salvaged equipment, Frank. Saoirse would be the better choice for that.
If you really think that there's something salvageable on that scrap heap though, I can still fly down an have a look."
By the rising of the moon, by the ri-
"Hmm? Oh, didn't any of you guys think of bringing a cargo pod?
I can tag along if you want, guess we're stopping to get people some repairs anyway."

I fire a bubble shot at the last remaining enemy fighter, then get back into cover.
When it is destroyed, I fly down to the crashed enemy fighter.
If there are still living enemie(s) in it, I try to stun them with electricity from my electro psyamp.
In the likely case there aren't, I check the wreckage for something interesting that's still salvageable, and put it in my cargo pod (using my whacky stick or grav amp to get it loose if needed)
Looking around for the final enemy, you realize that he's probably still in the valley north of the ridge you're hiding near, and set your vertical thrusters at max power to ascend. By the time you ascend high enough to take aim, your allies - mostly Brom, Frank, and Vynkor - have taken out the one threatening Miles. Not only perforated with multiple railgun rounds, he's also charred by Frank's very well-aimed MFM shot.

With it gone, you change course and pilot your ship down toward the enemy fighter that Bob and Frank took down a minute ago. It's crashed down in a steep arc, just barely sloped enough to keep it from shattering or exploding on impact - though the disturbed earth behind it is littered thickly with bits of debris.

You, and Brom, set down near the rear engines of the dual-cockpited ship - you on the left, and him on the right. Frank and Buck hover nearby, presumably to provide cover, or an extra set of eyes. You unbuckle, open the canopy, grab your gear, and climb out.

Brom meets up with you silently, having landed beside you. He's not particularly high on your list of people you'd like to be partnered with (for a vast assortment of reasons, including - but not limited to - the fact that he seems horribly overconfident). He carries with him a riot shield, like he's expecting some heavy resistance. You make hand signals with each other to stay quiet and come up with a plan: you'll take the left side, near the main cockpit, and Brom will take the right.

The powdery sand shifts beneath your feet as you cautiously advance, hands poised to send out a quick burst of electricity to stun any hostiles. As you go, you take stock of the condition of the hiltorel fighter. It's unquestionably in horrendous condition. Burn marks, seared metal, punctures and perforations frequently pockmark and scar the surface of the craft. Some of the underbelly has sheared off from the crash landing. The cockpit, however (and everything around it) has been reduced to a charred mess - and it seems to have explosively decompressed. Spatters of pale blue blood decorate the interior, but there's no body to be seen - at least until you notice the lifeless bodymass in front of the pilot seat. Hopefully things are just as clear for Brom.

In answer to your thoughts, a lone gunshot echoes through the thin Nanyejian air.

"All clear," Brom calls out.

You head back to the debris trail, where you saw several largish pieces of mostly-whole equipment. Not being a mechanic, you're not entirely sure what most of it is, but it looked like it could be useful - if not for reverse engineering, then at least for scrap metal. Loot is loot, after all. You pick a few nice, carry-sized parts out of the sandy soil and deposit them in your cargo pod. You get brownie points for bringing back loot, right? ((Yes you do.))

Brom
Hema wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:07 pm
Cha0zz wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:06 am
"But Bob like frank, frank nice"
"Why should Bob give you nice Frank because you choose stupid squad?"
"My "stupid squad" put itself together before I was in a position where I could choose.
Had I chosen my members, taking out those fighters wouldn't have been an issue.

As for why you should swap for Lemons, your survival depends on it.
Your stubbornness is endangering your life, and the lives of everyone here.
If that's not incentive enough, then allow me to make you a deal. If you swap Frank for Lemons (which again will be beneficial for both squads as most of us value our lives), I will make something for Timmy when we get back to the Nemesis."

(("Timmy" is not a typo, and is instead an intentional mispronunciation on Brom's part, to continue something I've been doing since the tryouts.))
F4wk35 wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:19 am
"This is less about useful salvage back to the Nemesis, but more a measure because we might be able to use the parts for our imminent repairs and to keep the fact in mind that there are crews of 2 in these ships. It wouldn't do to have that one shoot at us because we let our guard down, no? And perhaps we can use it to get a peek at their comms...All advantages we might be able to put to good use!"
"Alright, Frank. I'll go down and have a look. Just don't expect me to bring anything back."
Hapchazzard wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:11 am
"My MFM is up n' runnin' again, so I'd consider that a success. Them squids are gonna feel my fury now!"
"Excellent. When you're ready, you can join up with the rest of the squad. Just try to avoid getting hit in the future."

Get within 1 1/2 kilometers of the last remaining enemy fighter.
If said fighter is still up, shoot it once with my railgun.
((Below is stuff to be used after firing, or if the fighter was destroyed before I could get to it))
Fly down to the intact crashed fighter and land, then start a systems diagnostic to see what sort of damage I've taken.
While the diagnostics are running, grab my gear and approach the crashed fighter with my pistol and shield up.
If everything's dead, take a quick look over the wreckage to see if there's anything worth salvaging.
If one of the squids is somehow still alive, shoot it once with my pistol.
You and a few others - Bob, Vynkor, and Frank - fly up from behind the ridge and focus fire on the final Hiltorel fighter. He's flanked and cornered, and he goes down in an instant from two critical railgun punctures (one of which are yours), followed by a complete charring of the entire vehicle from Frank's microwave field emitter. Operation Fried Calamari is a complete and total success.

With the final enemy threatening Miles heroically dealt with, you fly down to the intact crashed fighter in the southern valley - the one Frank shot down earlier. You land beside it, and instead of powering down your craft, you start up your CASKET's system diagnostics, choosing "deep scan" from the list of options. Following this, you unbuckle, open the canopy, grab your gear, and climb out.

Saoirse meets up with you silently, having landed beside you. You've seen her fight before. She's good... but with your help, she could be the best - apart from you, of course. You make hand signals with each other to stay quiet and come up with a plan: you'll take the right side, near the outrigger cockpit, and Saoirse will take the left.

The powdery sand shifts beneath your feet as you cautiously advance, riot shield slung in front of you for protection. With your semi-auto pistol at the ready, you prepare yourself for whatever may come.

The hiltorel fighter is in horrendous condition. Burn marks, seared metal, punctures and perforations frequently pockmark and scar the surface of the craft. Some of the underbelly has sheared off from the crash landing

...but soon find that things aren't quite as bad as you'd expected. The smoking cockpit's canopy, clearly broken, is stuck in a loop, slowly opening itself partway before snapping back almost closed with a clack and hiss. From this small, unsteady opening, a dried pale blue smear runs down the side of the cockpit to a slowly undulating mass of tentacles, encased in an airshield and an irregular film of pale blue ooze. It's an enemy - and it doesn't look to be in good shape.

You fire a pistol into its head for good measure, and it stops moving. Crisis averted... if there even was one. "All clear," you call out.

• 6 railgun shots left

Caleb
cuisinart8 wrote:
Dear gods, this rustbucket is barely flying! I fight with the sluggish controls, turning my craft around. No way I'm fighting in this, at least if i want to survive...

"Squad, I'm breaking off for repairs, otherwise I'm toast."

I turn my aptly-named CASKET around and fly over to and land next to Gearhead and Buck.

I hear Gearhead contact me over comms. Diagnostics, huh? Let's hope i don't kill myself with this thing.

"Roger that, Gearhead. Running diagnostics now."

As Gearhead works, I run the diagnostic program according to his instructions and relay any important information and damage it finds.
Feeling quite unnerved by how shittily your CASKET is flying, you radio Gearhead as you head back for repairs. "Hey, guys? Think I could get patched up? This thing is barely flying anymore!"

"Coming!" Gearhead promptly replies by comms.

The dust billows out from beneath your CASKET as you come in for a (very shaky) landing; you take your time in slowly setting it down. As you set down, Gearhead wheels his repair kit out over toward you, and your heart catches as you drop the last foot to the ground. You're lucky you managed to land in one piece. It's a good thing you weren't under fire at the time, or you probably wouldn't have survived.

Gearhead approaches you, wheeling his kit behind him with his cybernetic arm. "Can you run computer diagnostics while I'm doing the most critical repairs? I'm going to talk you through it if you need it. Would save a fair bit of time."

"Roger that, Gearhead, running diagnostics now," you say, and then realize you don't have a clue of how to do it. "Yeah, you might need to talk me through it..."

"Main comp screen, tap it. A menu should come up, and one of the options should read 'Diagnostics'."

You follow his instructions. A menu comes up immediately. There is no option that reads 'Diagnostics'. "I don't see that option," you radio back.

Gearhead seems puzzled. You talk back and forth for a bit and eventually come to the conclusion that your OS is almost a century out of date and belongs in a museum. Fortunately, Gearhead happens to know his way around computers, and you're soon on track to starting a diagnostics scan - with caveats. After a bit of work, it spits out a huge array of data - and most of it is red text: "bad things", Gearhead says. You continue reading off the red parts, interspersed with worried groans from Gearhead. You don't know what the majority of it means, but there isn't any question: your ship is straight fukced. Gearhead says he's still going to do what he can to repair it.

((For the record, I did do a landing roll for you. Normally landing in an open spot, at careful speeds, with no enemy presence - that would qualify as "impossible to fail", but the current state of your thrusters meant that it was indeed possible for something bad to happen. Fortunately for you, you succeeded. Congrats on a lucky roll! I'm sure you'll be investing in some dodge skill after this mission. :D))

Gearhead
Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:11 am
cuisinart8 wrote:
"Coming!"
"Can you run computer diagnostics while im doing the most critical repairs? I'm going to talk you through it if you need it"
"would save a fair bit of time"

talk Caleb though the diagnostics steps if he agrees
meanwhiletake repair kit over to Caleb's ship
and fix up Caleb's maneuvering thrusters (and any small things that pop up during the diagnostics) in a focused manner without much haste ((aka please dont multiroll me into blowing the antimatter reactor :V ))
Caleb approaches from the north. His CASKET looks like Hell. "Hey, guys?" he radios - to you. "Think I could get patched up? This thing is barely flying anymore!"

"Coming," you reply promptly. The dust billows out from beneath his CASKET as he comes in for a (horrendously bad) landing; he takes his time setting it down, and you wheel your repair kit out toward him. After he makes touchdown, you roll your kit to the rear of his craft as you start checking out the damage. "Can you run computer diagnostics while I'm doing the most critical repairs?" you ask. "I'm going to talk you through it if you need it. Would save a fair bit of time."

"Roger that, Gearhead, running diagnostics now," he says. There's a pause for a beat, and then he admits, "Yeah, you might need to talk me through it..."

You grumble under your breath about idiots and basic computer science, as you begin checking out the damage visually. "Main comp screen - tap it. A menu should come up, and one of the options should read 'Diagnostics'."

"I... don't see that option."

This puzzles you. You talk back and forth for a bit and eventually come to the conclusion that Caleb's OS is almost a century outdated and belongs in a museum. Fortunately, you know your way around computers enough to figure out how to get a diagnostics scan running, albeit with some minor caveats. After a short pause Caleb radios back that it's spit out a huge array of red text. You tell him that's not good, and to read off the red text.

"Auxiliary rear routing piping breached. Loss of pressure in auxiliary rear control valve. Leak in primary control port for aft starboard thruster. Aft starboard level thruster non-functional. Aft starboard level thruster registers pressure loss. Leak in primary rear routing piping. Primary rear aft (lower) thruster rate control valve stuck. Primary rear aft (upper) thruster rate control valve presumed missing. Auxiliary starboard fuel piping (rear) breached. Loss of pressure in primary starboard fuel piping (rear). Auxiliary starboard..." he goes on for a while, but you get the point. This is going to require duct tape. Lots of duct tape. His ship is essentially fucked anyway, and he should probably stay out of any dogfights for the duration of the mission if he particularly values the art of not being reduced to a bloody char, but you can get him turning again. If you had better tools, you could probably get his ship mostly functional again, but for now... duct tape. You're glad you have a lot of it.

~~~

After a considerable amount of work all over his CASKET, you tape the leaks and breaches shut (sometimes with improvised, welded patches) and manage to give him moderate control of his (remaining) thrusters. It's a rough patchwork job, but it'll keep him from flipping over when he tries to turn or land in a hurry, and keep him (somewhat) stable. You warn him that the ship will probably pitch to the right, and consider your job done. You rather loathe the amount of tape you had to use, though.

((Lemons has his turn skipped because he didn't write any actions in time. Not only that, but everyone totally ignored the fact that he existed and his ship is still in terrible condition. :D ))
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Frank looks down at the fighter where Brom just executed the primary or secondary pilot, a grimace on his face.

It is better for the mission this way...yes...but...they might have been able to flee if I hadn't said anything...

He then remembers SCAMPS' remark to try and bring back prisoners for interrogation and sighs.

Still better this way than being dragged back to the Nemesis, I guess...I still don't like it...

After yet another sigh, Frank tries to return into the often practiced facade he had to use during his jobs before his arrest. Projecting an outward image with the intention to bring the current mission to an end. As such, he feigns a lack of empathy and remorse again.

"So, Brom. What next? Aside from repairs? Is there something usable down there?"
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

F4wk35 wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:07 am
Hapchazzard wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:50 am
"So, uh, what the hell we waitin' for? Let's just go to the alien city and get that magic fuel we need, or whatever it is!"
"Which obviously worked out just fine on the last try..."
"Well there ain't no damn aliens above it this time! What are we supposed to do, just stand here, twiddle our thumbs and wait for them squids to bring the magic fuel to us?"

Hapchazzard wrote: "Well there ain't no damn aliens above it this time! What are we supposed to do, just stand here, twiddle our thumbs and wait for them squids to bring the magic fuel to us?"
*Resist urge to facepalm*
"No, lad! But it also won't do to rush in without a plan! I only know about your first try second-hand, so i'd want some information from Brom first."

The one you people elected squad leader!

"And those 'squids' have a rather potent military! I know they are distracted right now, but what kind of military doesn't have ground-based anti-air capabilities near important facilities?"

Like oh! For example the only thing that keeps them from being incapacitated by gravity itself!
Why, just why did i agree to this trade!

"We can certainly use the opportunity to try and at least look over that ridge though, to get a bead on possible reinforcements coming our way, no?"
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

Online Now