Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

"Brom, I can't really say anything about new team-compositions right now...but as a part of your squad is already around and partially grounded...can you please take a look at the downed Hiltorel fighter? It didn't explode yet, perhaps we can salvage equipment out of it. And in any case, it would be a valuable piece of tech to bring back to the Nemesis."
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

Cha0zz wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:34 am
Brom, Why I would want to change Frank for useless Lemons?
Bob no even like lemons, Bob likes sweet, not sour...
"Lemons is only useless in the air, Bob. he's more skilled at fighting on the ground (which is where you're headed) than Frank is.
Frank is more useful in the air than Lemons, which with Alpha being the air squad is something we need. Alpha has suffered due to a lack of anti-air firepower.
That's why you've had to help us. Lemons will help to keep Beta from suffering on the ground.
That is why I want us to swap. It will increase the survivability of both squads."
F4wk35 wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:47 am
"Brom, I can't really say anything about new team-compositions right now...but as a part of your squad is already around and partially grounded...can you please take a look at the downed Hiltorel fighter? It didn't explode yet, perhaps we can salvage equipment out of it. And in any case, it would be a valuable piece of tech to bring back to the Nemesis."
"I don't have any place to put salvaged equipment, Frank. Saoirse would be the better choice for that.
If you really think that there's something salvageable on that scrap heap though, I can still fly down an have a look."

"Miles, this should go without saying, but I think it'd be best if you retreat for now. Let us handle that last squid.
Buck? How are those repairs coming?"
Breaker of fortune cookies

Brom wrote: "I don't have any place to put salvaged equipment, Frank. Saoirse would be the better choice for that.
If you really think that there's something salvageable on that scrap heap though, I can still fly down an have a look."
"This is less about useful salvage back to the Nemesis, but more a measure because we might be able to use the parts for our imminent repairs and to keep the fact in mind that there are crews of 2 in these ships. It wouldn't do to have that one shoot at us because we let our guard down, no? And perhaps we can use it to get a peek at their comms...All advantages we might be able to put to good use!"

Fly over to where Miles and his hostile fighter are.
Fire the MFM at the hostile once in optimal range.
Hack them to hamper their maneuvering thrusters.
Get behind cover.
Keep an eye out for possible hostile reinforcements
If additional hostiles are spotted
-Get behind cover.
If the last remaining hostile is defeated
-regroup with Brom
Last edited by F4wk35 on Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
- - - - - - - -

Dear gods, this rustbucket is barely flying! I fight with the sluggish controls, turning my craft around. No way I'm fighting in this, at least if i want to survive...

"Squad, I'm breaking off for repairs, otherwise I'm toast."

I turn my aptly-named CASKET around and fly over to and land next to Gearhead and Buck.

"Hey guys, think I could get patched up? This thing is barely flying anymore!"

I hear Gearhead contact me over comms. Diagnostics, huh? Let's hope i don't kill myself with this thing.

"Roger that, Gearhead. Running diagnostics now."

As Gearhead works, I run the diagnostic program according to his instructions and relay any important information and damage it finds.
Last edited by cuisinart8 on Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cha0zz wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:06 am
"But Bob like frank, frank nice"
"Why should Bob give you nice Frank because you choose stupid squad?"
"My "stupid squad" put itself together before I was in a position where I could choose.
Had I chosen my members, taking out those fighters wouldn't have been an issue.

As for why you should swap for Lemons, your survival depends on it.
Your stubbornness is endangering your life, and the lives of everyone here.
If that's not incentive enough, then allow me to make you a deal. If you swap Frank for Lemons (which again will be beneficial for both squads as most of us value our lives), I will make something for Timmy when we get back to the Nemesis."

(("Timmy" is not a typo, and is instead an intentional mispronunciation on Brom's part, to continue something I've been doing since the tryouts.))
F4wk35 wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:19 am
"This is less about useful salvage back to the Nemesis, but more a measure because we might be able to use the parts for our imminent repairs and to keep the fact in mind that there are crews of 2 in these ships. It wouldn't do to have that one shoot at us because we let our guard down, no? And perhaps we can use it to get a peek at their comms...All advantages we might be able to put to good use!"
"Alright, Frank. I'll go down and have a look. Just don't expect me to bring anything back."
Hapchazzard wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:11 am
"My MFM is up n' runnin' again, so I'd consider that a success. Them squids are gonna feel my fury now!"
"Excellent. When you're ready, you can join up with the rest of the squad. Just try to avoid getting hit in the future."

Get within 1 1/2 kilometers of the last remaining enemy fighter.
If said fighter is still up, shoot it once with my railgun.
((Below is stuff to be used after firing, or if the fighter was destroyed before I could get to it))
Fly down to the intact crashed fighter and land, then start a systems diagnostic to see what sort of damage I've taken.
While the diagnostics are running, grab my gear and approach the crashed fighter with my pistol and shield up.
If everything's dead, take a quick look over the wreckage to see if there's anything worth salvaging.
If one of the squids is somehow still alive, shoot it once with my pistol.
Last edited by Hema on Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Oh, burrito squash!"

"Of course, Brom. Don't have to ask me twice..."

Perform a tactical re-positioning (retreat) to K8.
Evade enemy fire.

Land near Buck.
I am Groot.
Please don't take my advice. You will wind up in jail if you do.
For some reason, I feel obliged to display how many people have talked in IRC over the past 2 hours: Image :problem:
:ugeek:

"Lemons, you go and get your ship repaired. Run a ship diagnostic if you still have a working computer.
And try to get acquainted with Beta's members. You'll be joining them soon provided I can get Bob to cooperate.
If by some bizarre chance I manage that, you will have the opportunity to be something other than a decoy.
That expensive equipment you bought will finally have a use."

"Hmpf, what do you think Jimmy?"
*Bob makes Jimmy nod his head*

@Brom:
"Ok then I'll take Lemons"
"Oh, and his name is J I M M Y not Timmy"
"And I'll see if Frank wants to join you, but that's up to him though"

@Frank
"Is ok for you to join alpha squad and Lemons join Beta squad?"
"Brom won't stop nagging me about it"
"Bob. If you let Lemons on your team, Lemons promises to get Bob a cool new toy from the enemy for Bob to play with."
"Bob like enemy toys"
*grin*

Fly to K7 and attack the enemy fighter there once with each of my weapons (only fire once I'm in optimal range and only one shot per weapon)
Dodge all weapon fire towards me

If there are still enemies:
- take cover

If/when all enemies are cleared:
- Fly towards the top of the mountain at the K8/K9 border to get a view on the nacelle
- If I spot enemies: take cover
LT Wiki | IRC | REKT Wiki
Idiots. Idiots everywhere. ~Dr. Cha0zz

Bob-Boss wrote: "Is ok for you to join alpha squad and Lemons join Beta squad?"
"Brom won't stop nagging me about it"
*sigh*

At least some infighting avoided for now...

"Understood, Bob. I will regroup with Alpha after we finished the last fighter."

"Brom, keep in mind that my CASKET is not equipped with a transportation harness for the material."

I really hope that this won't turn out a mistake...
- - - - - - - -

Hema wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:38 pm
"I don't have any place to put salvaged equipment, Frank. Saoirse would be the better choice for that.
By the rising of the moon, by the ri-
"Hmm? Oh, didn't any of you guys think of bringing a cargo pod?
I can tag along if you want, guess we're stopping to get people some repairs anyway."

I fire a bubble shot at the last remaining enemy fighter, then get back into cover.
When it is destroyed, I fly down to the crashed enemy fighter.
If there are still living enemie(s) in it, I try to stun them with electricity from my electro psyamp.
In the likely case there aren't, I check the wreckage for something interesting that's still salvageable, and put it in my cargo pod (using my whacky stick or grav amp to get it loose if needed)
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Online Now