Return to “Games”

Re: Star Citizen

Victor Tombs wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:22 pm
Did anyone /everyone else get the e-mail "Squadron 42 Official UEE Announcement"? I'm never sure whether some of the information I get is only for those who pledged heavily towards the project or if it's a general communication for all who backed SC. I know I get stuff that is intended only for those who are subscribers or those entitled to the concierge priveledges. :angel:
I got that e-mail too and i don't even own squadron 42 ;)

Aye, got it as well. A newsletter to tell you about another newsletter you will be able to subscribe to... in a week.
Such useful news :roll:

As for the lawsuit, it seems this is one of those things where we as outsiders can have no idea who is 'right' and 'wrong' (both sides may be both), so speculation is indeed useless.
Though I'm certain lots of SC fans are now villainising Crytek :ghost:
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

ResultsMayDiffer wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:12 pm
https://www.facebook.com/GameTalkLive/v ... 148897050/
Star Citizen: Masterpiece or Scam? Today we discuss the lawsuits surrounding the controversial game. Why are so many backers demanding refunds? Guests include Robin Gething, Michael Nightingale and Kevin Mahoney.
You missed one. Derek Smart.

Talvieno wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:35 pm
I typically don't trust anything with the name "Derek Smart", just like I don't trust anything with the name "Sean Murray".
Or "Donald Trump" :V
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Silverware wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:44 pm
Talvieno wrote:
I typically don't trust anything with the name "Derek Smart", just like I don't trust anything with the name "Sean Murray".
Or "Donald Trump" :V
Or "Insert all political peoples here"

Except for Kim. People really respect his opinion. :ghost:

They appear to have updated the video description to match the person you brought up.
Star Citizen: Masterpiece or Scam? Today we discuss the lawsuits surrounding the controversial game. Why are so many backers demanding refunds? Guests include Derek Smart, Michael Nightingale and Kevin Mahoney.

Derek Smart is notorious for his intense hatred of Star Citizen. He's been calling it a scam since Day One - but for all the wrong reasons. Derek Smart is... ah... well, wrapped in a lot of controversy for banning anyone on his forums (he's a game developer) that posts anything negative about his game - including run-of-the-mill bug reports. He has similar habits on Twitter and other platforms. The reason he dislikes Star Citizen is because (as I understand it) he views it as competition for his own game, and feels they're "copying" his game (which is a gross exaggeration from the truth), and he's angry that their Kickstarter did well. He's actually been leveling lawsuits at them ever since the Kickstarter. In fact... it's pretty safe to say that the main reason anyone knows about his game at all is because he's been so loud about his hatred for Star Citizen.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Talvieno wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:20 am
He's been calling it a scam since Day One
Kickstarter was in 2012.
Guy wrote a blogpost in 2015.

I'd call it misinformation but you're not even in the ballpark.
Talvieno wrote:
Mind closed, wallet open? Would you mind listing your Star Citizen ships?

Online Now