Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

F4wk35 wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:03 am
"We should probably meet up for a moment to do some urgent repairs! We have a number of engineers around, and even 2 repair kits. After that we should probably go over the composition of the teams again..."
Cha0zz wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:12 am
"Bob-boss was just about to say that."
"Bob-boss proposes K-8, for regroup and repairs, Jimmy says it is a good defendable position"
"Frank, In case you've forgotten, our lovable squid buddies are headed over the ridge to wipe us out. I think repairs will have to wait for the moment.
I don't know about k-8, Bob, but you're welcome to move to J-7. If the enemy loses track of us they may just go back to the city. "
Breaker of fortune cookies

F4wk35 wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:49 am
"You want to continue fighting the guys who shot half your squad into what sounds like a board with too many holes in it??"
"I took one of them out myself, so I can say with certainty that they aren't all that strong. They just used numbers to their advantage and targeted one ship at a time. With all of us working together, they'll have no advantages, and we can take them out easily.

Bob? Are you getting all this? We need Beta's help to wipe out the three fighters coming over the ridge. Looking at the map, I don't think you'll have the time to reach k-8 before they see you, which means regrouping there is pointless."

Hema wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:56 am
F4wk35 wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:49 am
"You want to continue fighting the guys who shot half your squad into what sounds like a board with too many holes in it??"
"I took one of them out myself, so I can say with certainty that they aren't all that strong. They just used numbers to their advantage and targeted one ship at a time. With all of us working together, they'll have no advantages, and we can take them out easily.

Bob? Are you getting all this? We need Beta's help to wipe out the three fighters coming over the ridge. Looking at the map, I don't think you'll have the time to reach k-8 before they see you, which means regrouping there is pointless."
"Bob-boss says K8 or you can fight squiddies yourself"
LT Wiki | IRC | REKT Wiki
Idiots. Idiots everywhere. ~Dr. Cha0zz

Cha0zz wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:19 pm
"Bob-boss says K8 or you can fight squiddies yourself"
"Well Brom says K-7 or we all die. There are only two ways retreating for repairs can play out right now, and both end in mission failure, i.e. we all die.
If we land for repairs, then we're easy targets. If they can't find us, then they'll return to the colony to beef up security, which would be the end of Alpha. "

"Here's the thing, though. These aliens cross the ridge and see the eight or however many of us there are. They say "Shit, there's too many of them" and call in reinforcements, and then we have to deal with 5 times as many damn squids as we did previously. Just somethin' y'all should keep in mind - it's yer call, Brom. I just want to get my computer up n' runnin' again, all I have right now is a nuke."

"Brom, stopping for repairs doesn't mean everyone has to land - we can just go to K8 like Bob said, Gearhead and Buck land so Gearhead can fix his computer and the rest of us stay in the air keeping guard in case of an attack. That way we'll be no worse of than being in K8 and Buck can get his weapon working again."
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

((Actually, the only reason I'll bring in reinforcements at the moment is that you either A. lose sight of the colony, or B. lose sight of the nacelle. I can't/won't spawn reinforcements somewhere you can already see - but I will absolutely take advantage of the map's "fog of war" if given the opportunity.))
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

((...That's true. I should just wipe you out and be done with it. Much cleaner that way.

And as always, there are some things behind this that I'm intentionally not revealing to you. It's worth noting that I haven't revealed any of my "surprises" yet. You guys know there are always surprises. :ghost: ))
Last edited by Talvieno on Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edit was dino-ninja'd
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Dinosawer wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:40 am
"Brom, stopping for repairs doesn't mean everyone has to land - we can just go to K8 like Bob said, Gearhead and Buck land so Gearhead can fix his computer and the rest of us stay in the air keeping guard in case of an attack. That way we'll be no worse of than being in K8 and Buck can get his weapon working again."
"Fair enough. But it's got to be the far north side of k-8, or far south or middle of K-7. I don't want to give these alien scum a chance to escape. It's high time we ended their existence."

"Listen up alpha! Here's the plan.
Buck, you're going behind the ridge at K7. Gearhead will hopefully meet you there. Bob, I'm counting on you to make that happen.

MIles and Vynkor, you're with me. We're going to the south side of k7. Once there, target the first fool to come over that ridge and knock him out of the sky.
Close the distance first if you have to but show no mercy. If they're down before you fire, target the next one.

Bob, I need your cooperation to make this work. Don't let me down."

Fly slightly south of my current position and wait for the enemy.
When an enemy fighter crosses the ridge, get within 1 1/2 kilometers of them and shoot the nearest enemy once with my railgun.
If that enemy was disabled before I could fire, shoot the next one.
After firing, begin my retreat back to K-8
Last edited by Hema on Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

Online Now