Return to “Games”

Re: Star Citizen

BFett wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:56 am
I'm sure your resources will be widely utilized Victor. I do wonder just how law abiding Harmnet will actually be though. Do we have plans to operate within UEE space or will we be the explorers daring enough to expand said boarders.
I wish I knew the answer to that question, BFett. I haven't given it much thought but we will have the tools to pursue any occupation(s) we desire. We have everything we need to do anything except build a colony. :angel:

Hey! I don't want to make the game boring for the members of HARMNET. *chuckle*

So i took advantage of the anniversary sale and finally bought a package... Still trying to get to grips with the game, after so much time with E:D flying the mustang is weird but with some rebinds is getting better. Anyway i just came here to see if you guys that have more time with it have any advice for a newcomer.
Safe flying commanders/citizens/whatever :P

Godz wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:04 am
So i took advantage of the anniversary sale and finally bought a package... Still trying to get to grips with the game, after so much time with E:D flying the mustang is weird but with some rebinds is getting better. Anyway i just came here to see if you guys that have more time with it have any advice for a newcomer.
Safe flying commanders/citizens/whatever :P
Welcome to Star Citizen, Godz. :) I can't help you much with playing the game, there are many who would certainly be of more help than me in that department. I would advise you to be wary of being beguiled into getting heavily involved in the wonderful world of SC ships. Be especially wary of the one called Sandi Gardiner who is without doubt the mistress of the dark art of selling. :angel:

Thanks Victor, i'm not planning on investing more in the game until i am sure it's going the right way (at least imo). I like what i've seen in 3.0 but i still take everything about it with a grain of salt... plus i'm a poor poor man and ships are expensive lol

Godz wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:18 pm
Thanks Victor, i'm not planning on investing more in the game until i am sure it's going the right way (at least imo). I like what i've seen in 3.0 but i still take everything about it with a grain of salt... plus i'm a poor poor man and ships are expensive lol
You manifest great wisdom, Godz. ;) Your avatar is appropriate. :)

Yes, I should get around to downloading 3.0 it does look like a significant step forward in the game. :angel:

You didn't notice the wink, Godz. :)

Actually, my main interest in the project is Squadron 42 which is well on the way to delivery. As I've stated in previous posts my participation in the PU will likely be somewhat limited. I joined HARMNET to make most of my ship assets available to those members who have more of an interest in online gaming. :)

I still love the ships with their detailed interiors including cockpits that meet a need in me ( I still want to see cockpits in LT) but to be honest I'm not interested in making a life in Star Citizen as some backers seem to be working towards. I am, however, passionate to see the project succeed. :angel:

I have my doubts about the experience in Squadron 42, how open it will be and how much of everything there is in PU will be available. I'm not much into the online aspect as well, i just hope the PU can be enjoyable as solo player. I don't mind playing with other people, but i like doing my own thing at my own pace. Or maybe that's only an excuse for my lack of social skills :lol:

TGS wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:36 pm
The Org system on the website is weird. I wanted to start my own Org and did so and it dropped all my privileges with HARMNET. Not sure why it does that given that there doesn't seem to be any reason why you cannot maintain full privileges on multiple orgs.
Yeah it turns out you can only have 1 "Main" org than the rest are affiliates. So you are an affiliate member of the Org. I have no idea what this will mean once Org gameplay becomes a thing.
Godz wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:30 am
I have my doubts about the experience in Squadron 42, how open it will be and how much of everything there is in PU will be available. I'm not much into the online aspect as well, i just hope the PU can be enjoyable as solo player. I don't mind playing with other people, but i like doing my own thing at my own pace. Or maybe that's only an excuse for my lack of social skills :lol:
Well that pretty makes up the majority of how our Org intends to play. Solo operations that occasionally work together. Whether for profit or fun would depend on the moment. :P

Welcome into the fold Godz, currently I'm most excited for SQ42 as that's the game I originally backed. SC is just the sugar on-top. However I cannot sit here and say that I am not excited for SC.
:D

Did anyone /everyone else get the e-mail "Squadron 42 Official UEE Announcement"? I'm never sure whether some of the information I get is only for those who pledged heavily towards the project or if it's a general communication for all who backed SC. I know I get stuff that is intended only for those who are subscribers or those entitled to the concierge priveledges. :angel:

Online Now