Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: The Conference Room

Hema wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:57 am
Triggerhappy wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:06 am
(( Get YOU all killed :D ))
((Hate to break it to you, Trigger, but we need both squads to complete their missions for everyone to survive. :ghost: ))
(( Psh nah we don't need that part of the ship. I am sure we can do without it. Or that squad. ))

(( BTW someone needs to REALLY make sure there are no hostiles on the broken off part of the ship or we will be carrying a troop of enemy units right to our doorstep ))

Triggerhappy wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:02 am
Hema wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:57 am
Triggerhappy wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:06 am
(( Get YOU all killed :D ))
((Hate to break it to you, Trigger, but we need both squads to complete their missions for everyone to survive. :ghost: ))
(( Psh nah we don't need that part of the ship. I am sure we can do without it. Or that squad. ))

(( BTW someone needs to REALLY make sure there are no hostiles on the broken off part of the ship or we will be carrying a troop of enemy units right to our doorstep ))
((Get the nacelle moving at full speed and then bring it to an immediate stop. If there are stowaways, we'll bring back squid soup along with the requested items.))
Breaker of fortune cookies

I follow the rest to the hangar , get into my CASKET and plug in the PSI system.
Cha0zz wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:05 am
((>.> How the hell did I actually manage to get you all to vote Bob into leadership, wtf guys))
(( It was funny :ghost: and if Bob does dumb things we'll 'suggest' better things anyway ))
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

((Yeah, there's absolutely no way your five little puny CASKETs could get the nacelle off the ground. I was actually planning on letting SCAMPS explain it in-briefing, but nobody ever asked, and any "planning" had dwindled. I was expecting planning to dwindle, as I intentionally left out most of the finer details of this mission for reasons I can't yet unveil. I was not expecting, however, to completely forget to explain how the hooks worked. I'll have Cho explain them on your way out.))

((Trigger (and anyone else): If you want to change your gear before the mission starts, make a post in the armory thread please! Otherwise it won't go through.))
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Dinosawer wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:30 am
I follow the rest to the hangar , get into my CASKET and plug in the PSI system.
Cha0zz wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:05 am
((>.> How the hell did I actually manage to get you all to vote Bob into leadership, wtf guys))
(( It was funny :ghost: and if Bob does dumb things we'll 'suggest' better things anyway ))
((Oh you're assuming he'll listen then :twisted: ))
LT Wiki | IRC | REKT Wiki
Idiots. Idiots everywhere. ~Dr. Cha0zz

Cha0zz wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:33 pm
((Oh you're assuming he'll listen then :twisted: ))
(( well that's what's in your char sheet, yes :ghost: ))
Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:18 pm
((worked with your leg arteries in mission 1 :ghost: ))
(( I'm not sure "you didn't die yet but lost the leg anyway" counts ))

MISSION 1 DEBRIEFING

It's quiet in the conference room. All the cryo survivors from the Huhoba Qitsit mission are milling about, quietly discussing things with each other, when a loud voice interrupts their discourse.

"SCAMPS here. Looks like most of you managed to hobble in, so let's get started."

SCAMPS is immediately assaulted by a chorus of disorganized voices demanding answers.

"Shut up and sit your asses down," SCAMPS barks impatiently. The inmates gradually do so. "I'm short on time and shorter on patience, and already pushed past my limits and pissed off. I will say, though, some of you performed beyond expectations. Others made me wish you'd stayed out there and died. Most of you did both. I'd love to space you guys - especially Beta," he growls in passing, " - but we'll get to that later. For now - "

At that moment, Sukava marches in, swinging her hips and showering those seated with a charming smile; an ostentatious entrance.

"Ah, a glorious new arrival," SCAMPS mocks caustically. "And I already loathe you, too. Cut the shit and sit down with the others. After I'm done, your teammates can fill you in - or grunt at you, if they don't have the capacity for that."

A quick flash of rage flashes across Sukava's face, but it is gone in an instant; she smiles pleasantly at the other sectionmates and takes a seat. "Hold up, before you go any farther, rust-bucket," Vynkor calls out, leaning back in her chair. "I think we deserve an explanation of what actually happened here." The rest of the crew has other questions, but they don't even have a chance to speak up.

"Wait, time out. Vynkor, right? Are you serious?" After a moment, she nods expectantly. "Did you assholes pay NO attention to the reports I put on your PDAs? Okay, fine: who wants to join Vynkor over in the retard corner for the rest of the debrief?"

One by one, nine hands hesitantly raise around the conference table.

"Really? Fukc you guys! Okay, fine! Strap in and let's get this over with." The hands lower, and SCAMPS begins anew. "For those of you that don't know how to read: We have a mole somewhere on board, and we've known it for months now. We've held regular screenings but never managed to catch the guy. Things break at random, intel leaks, and morale drops. As some of you noticed, we don't have much beyond rations, and we haven't for a while; the better food we had actually got ruined in an explosion in the kitchens a few weeks ago. That was the mole, and it had a huge hit to morale as well. Up until a few weeks ago we just thought they were an annoyance, and the former captain, Machellan, kept our goals private - only the top staff knew where we were going, or why.

"Unfortunately, they all died right as we arrived over Nanyej, thanks to the Outer World League - a bunch of ragtag, anarchist alien scum with less cohesion than a swarm of roaches in an antimatter explosion. We would've made short work of them if the mole hadn't shown his true potential. Just as the League dropped out of warp, our shields went down and a series of explosions fukced up our right nacelle. The bridge was immediately destroyed by a hail of fire from their spinal cannons, killing Machellan and the crew - the bridge shields were down too. It was a total clusterfukc. Our main fighter crew took out our best CASKETs to defend, but they went down in minutes. The League wasn't there to accept surrender. They were there to obliterate us.

"According to Tartarus Inc. protocol, in the absence of higher staff, I'm in charge. With hull breaches everywhere, the warp engines decimated, and our shield cores gone, I made the call to break atmo, trying to put us down on the planet's surface. We only barely managed the landing, but we escaped their fleet. After that, you know the rest - well, most of it."

There's a slight pause - just enough to give the inmates a chance to question what they knew, and wonder how it related to their mission.

"Morale was shot. With half the crew dead, MIA, or wounded, and the prospect of only 72 hours before the planetary defense forces from North Hsalte arrived, sleep was off the table. Surrender wasn't an option either - not to Squids. We potentially had time to get a makeshift artigrav generator hooked up, patch our holes, fix the engines and get into space, but with half the surviving crew wanting to give up? Fukc no. If we were going to get this trash heap off the ground, I needed a way to raise morale. Lucky me: it wasn't long before we found the cryopods hidden in our port nacelle - and that's tech humanity hasn't even invented yet."

SCAMPS pauses again and goes on, "Gonna be clear here - the docs knew your brain scans were normal. Our top engineers understood that even if you got the stellaplex from the colony, there was no way they could get it hooked up in time for us to get out of here. We swore them to secrecy and spread the news to the rest of the crew, all the way up to the acting captain - a mythlike tale of inmates kept alive for hundreds of years with impossible technology, possessing the combat experience of the most seasoned of generals. What do you think that did for morale? Sending you out gave the crew the boost they needed to finish up with the basic repairs in record time, sparing our top guys for work on the artigrav fields. In short, it worked.

"Honestly, what surprises me most is that you believed any of it yourselves. I told you last briefing that Tartarus Inc's staff is comprised entirely of former inmates that completed their tour of duty - why the fukc would we send you out there for a critical mission instead of them? When it came down to it, you were no different than any other REKT recruits. ...Or, that's what the docs assumed, anyway.

"I fully expected most of you - if not all of you - to die," SCAMPS asserts in a dispassionate tone. "I really did. I gave the order not to station CASKETs as comm relays specifically so that no news of your inevitable demise would make it back, but somehow you managed to bring home 9 of 13, or about 70% of everyone we sent in. I would applaud you, but half of you don't even deserve it! And that finally brings me to reprimanding Beta." His voice takes on the slightest note of satisfaction as he says this last.

((Pausing briefly to give you guys a quick chance to respond/ask stuff, and then SCAMPS will continue.))
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

[IC]Saoirse[/IC]
About to speak up about scamp's dumb decisions, I get distracted by that last statement and say
"Whatever the ifreann for? We got you that nacelle, your prisoner, your stupid box and we even went to help alpha not once but twice because they couldn't get their objective done!"
Last edited by Dinosawer on Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dinosawer wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:00 pm
About to speak up about scamp's dumb decisions, I get distracted by that last statement and say
"Whatever the ifreann for? We got you that nacelle, your prisoner, your stupid box and we even went to help alpha not once but twice because they couldn't get their objective done!"
"Oh, that's such a crock o' shit! You got the easier part of the mission, came way too late to help with anythin' the second time, did jack shit n' now you claim you were helpin' us? The hell? Ya know what, 'puter? That's exactly what I was thinkin' too. I think Beta has a real problem with alien sympnotizers n' bein' too full o' themselves. If you ask me, it's a sign that whoever's in charge there is a complete nimrod n' should be replaced with a new leader! While Alpha will always be better, I volunteer to be a leader of Beta for one mission to sort things out!"

Online Now