Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: The General Unhappiness Thread

BFett wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:55 am
I'm generally unhappy that this thread has resurfaced during one of the brighter moments in Limit Theory's development. I would be generally grateful if this thread were locked until beta was released.
I can understand how you feel about threads that can become toxic very quickly, BFett, but a general unhappiness thread doesn't have to turn into that sort of thread. If it does it's likely to meet the same fate as others which came before it.

General unhappiness is just that, it doesn't have to be about the game. If I can find a reason to post here, with my Pollyanna outlook, I don't see the need to prematurely lock the thread.

Just my opinion. :angel:

I feel like grumbling in general, as my millennial sense of entitlement is furious that I can't play Limit Theory NOW!!!!
Spoiler:      SHOW

:lol:
Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer
Beauty may not save the world, but it's the only thing that can

Maybe this thread could be moved to off topic as opposed to Limit Theory General, because I would assume anything under Limit Theory would at least touch on the game. I can also ignore this thread, so I'm not really upset here. I'm just wondering if the location of the thread is appropriate for Limit Theory General discussion.

Actually, there isnt much to criticize about the game currently, as its mostly about technical optimization of subsystems or very early prototyping (mesh generation).

Im still waiting for some concrete disclosures on game-mechanics. Something that can be discussed outside of technical architecture, performance measurements or visual style.
I dont even know if the vision from the 2014 version still holds true, or Josh plans major deviations in gameplay from that. Lets see..

Hyperion wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:00 am
I feel like grumbling in general, as my millennial sense of entitlement is furious that I can't play Limit Theory NOW!!!!
Spoiler:      SHOW

:lol:
I think the main issue people had in the past, and the reason this thread became the top thread for several months, was Josh's long unexplained absences. It had very little to do with wanting Limit Theory "NOOOWWW!!!"

I also believe people know this, but it makes people feel morally superior to paint people with different opinions as foolish.
My Signature

Agreed, Zanteogo.

I'm considering splitting the topic and re-locking the thread. This was why I locked it earlier this year. This is a place for legitimate complaints about Josh being gone, or being upset about the delayed schedule, not a place to be silly or mock people that were/are legitimately unhappy.

I'd like to ask everyone to please refrain from posting here unless you have a serious complaint. I'd prefer this thread to lurk on the second page or beyond otherwise.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Talvieno wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:22 pm
Agreed, Zanteogo.

I'm considering splitting the topic and re-locking the thread. This was why I locked it earlier this year. This is a place for legitimate complaints about Josh being gone, or being upset about the delayed schedule, not a place to be silly or mock people that were/are legitimately unhappy.

I'd like to ask everyone to please refrain from posting here unless you have a serious complaint. I'd prefer this thread to lurk on the second page or beyond otherwise.
What exactly are you agreeing with Zanteogo about? It specifically says in the title " The General Unhappiness Thread" and not "My Unhappiness About Limit Theory" or suchlike.

If the title remains the same I have every intention of posting anything I feel generally unhappy about. I'm not sure if I'm included in that comment about mocking other people's opinions. If I was out to mock anyone they'ed know for sure they were being mocked.

Just change the damn title of the thread and then there will be no doubt as to what the thread is about.

Online Now