Return to “Games”

Re: Skywanderers (now on Kickstarter)

Victor Tombs wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:50 pm
I'd probably love it if I could get past my dislike of the representation of the NPC's. :angel:

I keep thinking of the automatic pilot in the film Airplane. lol

If it were Minions they would have had my money on day one of the KS. :)
You... dislike the blocky almost lego characters? huh.
An odd reason to dislike a game, but a fair one, the characters are not the most attractive, but far better than Roblox or Minecraft ;3
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Silverware wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:59 pm
An odd reason to dislike a game, but a fair one, the characters are not the most attractive, but far better than Roblox or Minecraft ;3
I've never played Minecraft for similar reasons, Silver. It's probably just me but I find it hard to accept nonrealistic representations of humans in games. Too much Skyrim perhaps. :angel:

Victor Tombs wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:05 pm
Silverware wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:59 pm
I've never played Minecraft for similar reasons, Silver. It's probably just me but I find it hard to accept nonrealistic representations of humans in games. Too much Skyrim perhaps. :angel:
Fair enough. try to think of them as really ugly robots instead :V
The humans all uploaded into machines millennia ago and use robot bodies that are not affected by vacuum. (They don't wear space suits after all :V)
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020

Talvieno wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:18 pm
I don't think that would help Victor enjoy it any more. :lol:
You're quite correct in that observation, Nathan ;)
Silverware wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:18 pm
Fair enough. try to think of them as really ugly robots instead :V
The humans all uploaded into machines millennia ago and use robot bodies that are not affected by vacuum. (They don't wear space suits after all :V)
If they had represented the NPC's as humanoid robots that looked like robots, Silver, it may have helped. I've watched a video where they are not seen/featured and it was quite impressive. :angel:

Victor Tombs wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:27 pm
If they had represented the NPC's as humanoid robots that looked like robots, Silver, it may have helped. I've watched a video where they are not seen/featured and it was quite impressive. :angel:
Btw, those weren't NPCs, those were players. :V
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°

Online Now