Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: Images!

Dinosawer wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:35 pm
Or just use spaces and have your code not look like crap anywhere outside Visual Studio, because seriously nobody is that adamant about the amount of spaces needed for indentation
Oh, am I not? It has to be EXACTLY four. 3 is an odd number and not evenly split if necessary, 2 is too few, 5 is too many and 6 is outrageous. It is four, or you might as well not use indentation at all. :twisted:
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Dinosawer wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:57 pm
Because most things don't display tabs as a set amount of spaces, or the amount of spaces you want it to.
I don't know a single text editor/IDE that doesn't display tabs as a set amount of spaces, especially not when they're at the start of a line.

I can only think of one that doesn't let you set the amount of spaces either, and nobody uses Windows Notepad for programming. Basically all of them have something like this:

Games I like, in order of how much I like them. (Now permanent and updated regularly!)

Not everything a dev uses to view code is an IDE :P GitLab shows tabs as 8 spaces and has no settings for it. And given that people then use 1 tab per indentation level that never looks good...
(And yes, we have to use gitlab, we don't get to choose ) And GitExtensions (which we don't have to use but kinda have to because it's way easier) shows them as 4, which generally doesn't look like it's supposed to if the default coding practice is 2 space indentations.
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Dinosawer wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:00 am
GitLab shows tabs as 8 spaces and has no settings for it. [...]
And GitExtensions (which we don't have to use but kinda have to because it's way easier) shows them as 4, which generally doesn't look like it's supposed to if the default coding practice is 2 space indentations.
Then these are what needs to be fixed. :mrgreen:
Games I like, in order of how much I like them. (Now permanent and updated regularly!)

8 spaces to a tab is the standard width for terminals.
Which is why it's used. ( I believe )

I've used 2,3, and 4 space width tabs. And I find each quite good.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Online Now