Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: Random

The signal was generated when two black holes about 1.8 billion light years away, with masses 31 times and 25 times the mass of our Sun, spiraled into one another and created a single, larger black hole 53 times the mass of the Sun. Energy equivalent to three solar masses was converted into gravitational waves.
Oolite Naval Attaché

The forks decided to knife the spoons, the knives brought up the subject of plagiarism, while the sporks got an existential crisis.
I am Groot.
Please don't take my advice. You will wind up in jail if you do.
For some reason, I feel obliged to display how many people have talked in IRC over the past 2 hours: Image :problem:
:ugeek:

The football shown on UK street signs (for football grounds) is made entirely of hexagons. But it is mathematically impossible to construct a ball using only hexagons. Changing this to the correct pattern of hexagons and pentagons would help raise public awareness and appreciation of geometry.
Petition here! <chortles>
Oolite Naval Attaché

P̢̖̥̤͕͇͎̮͙̈̌̉́̎̃͗̄̐̕h̨̝̻̦̪̬̳͓͖͒͂́̀̀̆̕̕'̡̡̜̳͖͖̹̣̮̆̄̍͂̚͘͠n̨̥̱̤̰̩̯̰̞͂̽̉͑͢͝͡g̢̠͎͈̳͈̪͇̟͛̈́́̒̈̿l̫̞̜͕̯̟͐̂͆͆͂͘̚̕͝͞ͅṵ̵̱̱̜̲̈͂͌̈́̆̄̀̃͌͢i̢͎̤͉̲̿͑̿̋̔̉̏ m̠͓̗̩͓̘͖͈̐̒̄̽́͘͟͟ģ̷̧̨̜͇̩̯̤̋̅̉͑͡l̸̰̯̙̭̭̘̀̈͐͗́w̸̨̨̰͇͚͓̪̪̏̽͗͌͋̌͠͠'̷̥̗̹̮̲̊̐̾͊̎̒͗͘ͅn̻̼̺̬̮̓͆̋̂̇͒͠ă̷̯͍̱̗̗͌̽̎̋ͅf̡̛̛̛̩̜̮͓̙͖̜̖͗̀̀̈̈̄͟ḧ̫̲̹̲͓͙͚́͐͊͘͘͡ͅ Ć̷̢̻͖͕͆̀́̃̀̒͒͢͝͝t̸͕̝̳̝͙͊̍̏̊̈́̍̋̾͝h͕̝͉͈̘̮̙̒͌̔̎̕u̵̢͚̼̬̹̲̱͙̽͌̀͗͠l̖̫̹͎͈͑̀͆̒̋͐̕͜͞h̞̗͇̹͚̻͉̠̎͋̄̽̒̽̚͠ͅư̷̜̼̱̲̯̬͇͚̑̀͒̂́̂͝͞ R̶̖͕̙͉̂̍̒͆̔̆͟͜͢'̴̨̤͚̗̘͙͓̥̺̇̏̔̇͒̍̓̑͢͝l̗̪̦̘͇̟͕̬͓̺̽́͌̄̑̃͡͡ý̵͍̳̞̲͔͇̼͍̎͋̈́̉͆̽̕ȇ̡̨̟̞̯͇̬̺̝̾̍̚͘̕͝͝h̷̡̠̰̮̮̫̓̓͛̿̀̍̕͠ ẁ̴̦̬̖̮̘͈͕̓̈̂̿͛͗̇͢g̶̙͇̭͉̫̥̟̐̉͐̔̈́̂̃ȁ̤̲͓̱̫̙̞̞͓͕͑̾́͊͘h̶̡̨̛͍̳̝͑͛̊̊́'̧̲̭̠͎̗̟̱̤̦̅̄̀́͐n͍̙̖͕̝̞̟̼̑̾̀̇̐̚͟a̭͈̼͙͊͒̐̚͟͠ğ̛̝͉͇̳̥̲͉̼͎̀͛́͂̈́͞l̩͖͔̮̟͈̣̮̎̓͒̀̈́̏͟͢͝ f̜̤̪̲͍͎̝̯̟̒̈̉̈̚͟h̸̡͖̰̩̲̲͒̈̄̍͛̅́͞t̝̝̪͇̱͙̥̄͋̇̉́̅̄̉̏̂a̙̣̗̬̯̳̅̆̔̿̏̑̚͞͡͠g̴͓̻̝͎̿͗̽͡͠ͅn̨̲͕̪̩͙̩̔̇͛̍͆̈͋͌̇͘!
Knowledge is Power, and Power goes in Cars.
I-War 2 thread
Epic Limit Theory Limerick

"hydronium (H3O+)—H+ riding “piggyback” on a water molecule; water is polar, and the positive charge of the naked proton is greatly attracted to one of the negative electron pairs on adjacent oxygen"

The chemistry is magnificent.

"Windows collects data so that we can be responsive to your needs and interests," wrote Marisa Rogers, Microsoft's Windows and devices group privacy officer. Ms Rogers later added that the company was "listening and responding" to feedback both from customers and regulators.
<guffaws>
Oolite Naval Attaché

Cody wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:17 am
A couple in the US state of Florida got a surprise when opening an Amazon delivery after finding 65lb (30kg) of cannabis inside.
You just accept this gift from god.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Online Now