Re: Limit Theory Forumite Residential Archive Map

HowSerendipitous wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:41 am
Cody wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:08 am
Dinosawer wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:12 am
Well, there is a reason they put the European Parliament here
The beer? Is it as good as it once was? I did some serious drinking in Belgium, back in the day!
Jenever > beer. :twisted:

[furious websearch ensues]

So Jenever is juniper whiskey? Interesting.

It's hard to imagine it being superior in any way to a nicely-aged single malt whisky, but I'm open to putting that to the test.

(I'm also thinking there might finally be something worth doing with all those juniper trees in Skyrim.)

Flatfingers wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:53 pm
HowSerendipitous wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:41 am
Cody wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:08 am
The beer? Is it as good as it once was? I did some serious drinking in Belgium, back in the day!
Jenever > beer. :twisted:

[furious websearch ensues]

So Jenever is juniper whiskey? Interesting.

It's hard to imagine it being superior in any way to a nicely-aged single malt whisky, but I'm open to putting that to the test.

(I'm also thinking there might finally be something worth doing with all those juniper trees in Skyrim.)
IMO there is nothing that comes close to a nicely aged single malt scotch whisky, Flat. :D

As for those juniper berries in Skyrim. I treat them more like an exercise in collecting, similar to the one I pursue regarding the common nirnroot. ;) :angel:

Talvieno wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:19 am
Dinosawer wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:12 am
Well, there is a reason they put the European Parliament here :ghost:
Really? I thought for sure it was the chocolate. :ghost:
I beg your pardon????? After misnaming the country with a central position in europe, you spread misguiged misinformation about chocolate?

Context for non-connaisseurs of the european chocolate:
We, the Swiss, collectively and personally invented the milk chocolate*. From there came a huge industry and we consider being the main chocolate making country in Europe! Now personally, I do prefer dark chocolate, and the belgian do a mean one therefore we never admit that another country can do it as well!

*) I'll obviously refuse to admit any knowledge with regards to the fact that Nestle was a german.

Actually, the chocolate thing was mostly a joke. :lol: Belgians are better known for waffles, and, sorry for the Swiss, a lot of countries in Europe are known abroad for their chocolate - Swiss, UK, Belgium, Germany, Denmark, Italy, Austria, Netherlands, Hungary (in no particular order). Swiss are more uniquely known for watches, banks, ski resorts, cheese, and absurdly high prices. :D
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Talvieno wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:23 pm
Actually, the chocolate thing was mostly a joke. :lol: Belgians are better known for waffles, and, sorry for the Swiss, a lot of countries in Europe are known abroad for their chocolate - Swiss, UK, Belgium, Germany, Denmark, Italy, Austria, Netherlands, Hungary (in no particular order). Swiss are more uniquely known for watches, banks, ski resorts, cheese, and absurdly high prices. :D
Actually, it is forbidden to joke about chocolate.

But we were not expecting any gastronomic culture from one of our barbarian american friend! Are you putting ice in your Bordeaux? Putting sugar in what pass for bread? And putting sirup in your coffee (shiver)? Eating your dogs hot?
The question is not who can manufacture chocolate, but where is the art of chocolate making at its highest!

I am searching for an emoticon showing I am deadly serious, but found only this one: :wave:

2027: The Earth lies in ruins. All across the globe, from Irkutsk to Johannesburg, from Malmö to Buenos Aires, from Peoria to Sydney, Man's works exist now only as reeking, blasted shells of their former greatness.

The Milks were the first to perish, their pleas for tolerance making them the first casualties. With their primary competition removed, the Darks then destroyed the Whites. But they in turn fell to brutal plundering among themselves as the Indonesian and Ghanaian cocoa plantations were obliterated in a final suicide demonstration.

With the last sources of chocolate annihilated, Mankind lost its one surcease from domestic strife. Families shattered, and the great creations of civilization splintered, fell, and were ground into the dust... all but one: robots.

The robots survived. Because robots don't need chocolate.

Don't let the robots win. Eat chocolate.

(This message brought to you by the International Chocolate Council)

Online Now