Return to “Dev Logs”

Re: Thursday, August 31, 2017

Talvieno wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:34 pm
Employee 2-4601 wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:48 pm
Talvieno wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:17 am
I know most people here would probably be excited to hear about even framework and gameplay foundation code, but... :P Josh probably doesn't like writing about it so much because... well, it's hard to be a showman about, honestly.
Man, some of us LOVE reading about the code. Surely Josh got that memo?! These are Dev Logs, after all. Showman Josh can have the Kickstarter updates all to himself, but I'd be glad to read some matter-of-fact updates from Coding Josh.
I know this quite well. :P Unfortunately Josh doesn't see it the same way. I don't think he likes reading about code at all. He'd rather talk about results.

FormalMoss wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:29 pm
Talvieno wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:10 am
No, I keep track of Josh's activities. While I haven't been given permission to share any of them specifically, I can say with complete confidence that Josh and Adam have been very busy and are right on the brink of a massive gameplay explosion, as Josh begins to re-implement what he had before. And Josh has worked quite hard (as has Adam) almost every weekday in the past month. He's taking the weekends off though, which I see as a positive thing. :)
More of these simple updates, Tal, is what I was referring to.
I didn't know what level of involvement you had access to, but this little snippet is enough for me to make it through the weekend 😂
Yeah, I think I could do more of these, just to keep people aware that stuff is indeed happening. :)
Yes please! This has my vote lol.
Shoot ALL the things!

Talvieno wrote:
No, I keep track of Josh's activities. While I haven't been given permission to share any of them specifically, I can say with complete confidence that Josh and Adam have been very busy and are right on the brink of a massive gameplay explosion, as Josh begins to re-implement what he had before. And Josh has worked quite hard (as has Adam) almost every weekday in the past month. He's taking the weekends off though, which I see as a positive thing. :)

This is maybe the most exciting Official Thing I've read on these forums in quite a while.

As much as value the architectural stuff (and I really do), it's the visible mechanical features that will once again generate "LT In The News" moments.

Is it just me, or does anyone else feel like we're right on the cusp of seeing a supernova of actual gameplay features?

Flatfingers wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:40 pm
Talvieno wrote:

This is maybe the most exciting Official Thing I've read on these forums in quite a while.

As much as value the architectural stuff (and I really do), it's the visible mechanical features that will once again generate "LT In The News" moments.

Is it just me, or does anyone else feel like we're right on the cusp of seeing a supernova of actual gameplay features?
I'm certain we are.
Shameless Self-Promotion 0/ magenta 0/ Forum Rules & Game FAQ

Flatfingers wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:40 pm
For the past few years I've just been hanging out for a firecracker of actual gameplay features!

It certainly seems like the focus is, at very long last, shifting towards gameplay. Gameplay is also hard, so I'm not holding my breath for a supernova, but I do anticipate that over the coming months we are actually going to see bits of a game begin to emerge.

We are right on the cusp of an explosion of gameplay features...

But none of us realised that Josh's original vision was called LAMA theory, and what we are really getting is a spin off of goat simulator that's set in space and a little bit more philosophically motivated.

All of this has been a huge misunderstanding based on a typo that stuck.

MyNameWuzTaken wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:46 pm

But none of us realised that Josh's original vision was called LAMA theory, and what we are really getting is a spin off of goat simulator that's set in space and a little bit more philosophically motivated.

My brain is a strange place to be...

MyNameWuzTaken wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:52 pm
MyNameWuzTaken wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:46 pm

My brain is a strange place to be...
I don't recall saying I DON'T want a Lama simulator. And in space? Ya, I'm in :)
Shoot ALL the things!

Online Now