Return to “Dev Logs”

Re: Thursday, August 31, 2017

Hyperion wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:18 pm
Well we can't rule it out completely until we get pictures :lol:

And it's good to see you again Myname, your economic mind will be appreciated. You should get on IRC :)
I may try. Life is pretty busy right now. Since I last was commenting I have:
1. Moved across the country - moved from AR to FL. So half the country.
2. Changed jobs - took a step up the fortune 500 ladder
3. Gotten married - awesome. She requires me to spend time with her on occassion. I was told that would be the case, but never understood the extent of it until now.
4. Started a business - stepping up the fortune 500 ladder made me realize people just get worse at things the farther up the ladder you go. So I co-founded a company that does process improvement and IT consulting. Small team of developers and a few consultants from different walks. We are small and boutique, but it provides awesome learning opportunities. Frankly, we are faking it, and people love it.
5. Learned to code? The more I learn the more of a novice I feel. It is remarkably fun though. I'm dabbling in Python and Java. The coding was actually what made me miss the forums here. All the logical thinking and modeling. Once I started really working on projects, I started thinking "this is kind of like what we talked about that one time in LT"

Well, we missed you too, MyNameWuzTaken. :P Or, if I can't speak for everyone, I can at least speak for myself. I'd gotten used to seeing your name pop up every now and then on the "who is online" list. I noticed when you disappeared. :P Kind of wondered where you went. Glad to hear everything is going so well for you! :) And of course happy that you're back.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

No, I keep track of Josh's activities. While I haven't been given permission to share any of them specifically, I can say with complete confidence that Josh and Adam have been very busy and are right on the brink of a massive gameplay explosion, as Josh begins to re-implement what he had before. And Josh has worked quite hard (as has Adam) almost every weekday in the past month. He's taking the weekends off though, which I see as a positive thing. :)
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

I actually had a long talk with Adam earlier today. The trouble is that making devlogs takes a very large amount of time (because of Showman Josh) and Josh has been holding off for when there's actually something big to talk about. I know most people here would probably be excited to hear about even framework and gameplay foundation code, but... :P Josh probably doesn't like writing about it so much because... well, it's hard to be a showman about, honestly.

MyNameWuzTaken wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:29 am
Just start showing us engine code. I REALLY want to see more of how the LuaJIT stuff worked.
I bet it has something to do with CTypes :lol:

I agree, I like hearing about the engine stuff. Though an image of a missile blowing up is ALSO cool (or someone mining, or a ship docking, or a space ship spinning, or an asteroid banging into another one, or a sunrise on a planet, or...). Basically I like images of stuff. Videos of stuff are even better.

If the update is "We just moved things a little further but nothing specific to say" that would be fine. I don't need massive progress every update. Sometimes you're just fixing things. Sometimes a few weeks of work don't amount to much on paper.

Or hey, maybe they have a big announcement coming up and they're getting their ducks in order. I like to imagine it's that.
Shoot ALL the things!

Talvieno wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:17 am
I know most people here would probably be excited to hear about even framework and gameplay foundation code, but... :P Josh probably doesn't like writing about it so much because... well, it's hard to be a showman about, honestly.
Man, some of us LOVE reading about the code. Surely Josh got that memo?! These are Dev Logs, after all. Showman Josh can have the Kickstarter updates all to himself, but I'd be glad to read some matter-of-fact updates from Coding Josh.

Talvieno wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:10 am
No, I keep track of Josh's activities. While I haven't been given permission to share any of them specifically, I can say with complete confidence that Josh and Adam have been very busy and are right on the brink of a massive gameplay explosion, as Josh begins to re-implement what he had before. And Josh has worked quite hard (as has Adam) almost every weekday in the past month. He's taking the weekends off though, which I see as a positive thing. :)
More of these simple updates, Tal, is what I was referring to.
I didn't know what level of involvement you had access to, but this little snippet is enough for me to make it through the weekend 😂
YAY PYTHON \o/

In Josh We Trust
-=326.3827=-

Employee 2-4601 wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:48 pm
Talvieno wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:17 am
I know most people here would probably be excited to hear about even framework and gameplay foundation code, but... :P Josh probably doesn't like writing about it so much because... well, it's hard to be a showman about, honestly.
Man, some of us LOVE reading about the code. Surely Josh got that memo?! These are Dev Logs, after all. Showman Josh can have the Kickstarter updates all to himself, but I'd be glad to read some matter-of-fact updates from Coding Josh.
I know this quite well. :P Unfortunately Josh doesn't see it the same way. I don't think he likes reading about code at all. He'd rather talk about results.

FormalMoss wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:29 pm
Talvieno wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:10 am
More of these simple updates, Tal, is what I was referring to.
I didn't know what level of involvement you had access to, but this little snippet is enough for me to make it through the weekend 😂
Yeah, I think I could do more of these, just to keep people aware that stuff is indeed happening. :)

Online Now