Return to “General”

Re: Limit Theory Forumite Residential Archive Map

We do all speak English cause it's literally an obligatory course throughout all of high school. You can't not know English unless you're really dumb and forget all of it again (which is hard if you ever need to use the internet) or if you're old enough to predate those education laws. :ghost:
But I've also been outside of Belgium already, you know
Talvieno wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:48 pm
Okay everybody, let's go party at Dino's place! :ghost:
Well, as things are going now, by the time LT releases I'll atually have a place of my own. :P Will have to ask Femsawer though :ghost:
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Talvieno wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:39 pm
Dinosawer wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:36 pm
But all the natives speak English and none of the signs have actual text beyond names and the word 'STOP'.
Stardust recalls many people in Europe not speaking English while she was there. I'm simply putting the UK forward because English is their primary language, and it's the primary language of that of the forums as well.

Now, your euros/pounds argument has a lot more merit, on the other hand. That's enough to make me change my mind. :D That and what Cody so kindly mentioned above. :P
I'm curious - what were the primary languages spoken in the countries Stardust visited, if I may ask?

Scytale wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:00 pm
Talvieno wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:39 pm
Dinosawer wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:36 pm
But all the natives speak English and none of the signs have actual text beyond names and the word 'STOP'.
Stardust recalls many people in Europe not speaking English while she was there. I'm simply putting the UK forward because English is their primary language, and it's the primary language of that of the forums as well.

Now, your euros/pounds argument has a lot more merit, on the other hand. That's enough to make me change my mind. :D That and what Cody so kindly mentioned above. :P
I'm curious - what were the primary languages spoken in the countries Stardust visited, if I may ask?
French, Italian, and German.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Well Brussels sounds like a pretty decent central location for Europe, maybe make that the location of Procedural Reality Europe? With the main office being Baton Rouge... and how about Bogota for Procedural Reality Latinoamericano and Bangkok for Procedural Reality Asia :ghost: :geek:
Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer
Beauty may not save the world, but it's the only thing that can

Dinosawer wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:55 pm
We do all speak English cause it's literally an obligatory course throughout all of high school. You can't not know English unless you're really dumb and forget all of it again (which is hard if you ever need to use the internet) or if you're old enough to predate those education laws. :ghost:
But I've also been outside of Belgium already, you know
Talvieno wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:48 pm
Okay everybody, let's go party at Dino's place! :ghost:
Well, as things are going now, by the time LT releases I'll atually have a place of my own. :P Will have to ask Femsawer though :ghost:
I call dibs on the couch spot!

Dinosawer wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:15 am
-Italian: no idea
They do speak English...sort of.

Seriously, though: in the North, a lot of people speak passable English, especially in Milan. The rest of the country is very lacking in English speakers...it never bothered me, though; it's just another chance to practice mi italiano that's non troppo bene to say the least.
Survivor of the Josh Parnell Blackout of 2015.

Scytale wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:15 am
Dinosawer wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:15 am
Talvieno wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:01 pm
French, Italian, and German.
-The French speak English (though with a really bad accent) but don't like to do so
-Italian: no idea
-Germans: learn English just like we do
That had been my impression as well
No, no. He means they were speaking german and french and italian.
This means... Switzerland.

Now you can find in Switzerland people that do not speak english. Rarely. This is those that chose to learn two national languages plus latin plus classical greek. All others (say 99%) have had english at school, but because english is the third language (or fourth) at school, many people had only 3 years of english, and this could may them shy to speak; this changed in the last decade with usually early start with english (as 3rd language) and about 5 years of class.
Of course, anybody remotely connected to tourism will be sufficiently fluent as long as there is no scottish or texan accent ;)

But if you need people speaking most european languages - the party must be in Switzerland, obviously. Start saving to pay your train fare (don't even think you can afford a taxi) and look forward to a coffee for >5SFr :o

Online Now