Return to “General”

Re: Limit Theory Forumite Residential Archive Map

Talvieno wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:56 am
HowSerendipitous wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:54 am
Right in the middle would be Belgium or Germany....
I was personally thinking somewhere in the UK, seeing as English is the only language everyone is guaranteed to speak.
:? But everyone on the forum already speaks English, what's the logic behind this statement? :roll:
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Talvieno wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:56 am
HowSerendipitous wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:54 am
Right in the middle would be Belgium or Germany....
I was personally thinking somewhere in the UK, seeing as English is the only language everyone is guaranteed to speak.
because the language people have to use to speak to each other changes depending on where the same people who all already speak english meet? :roll:

Dinosawer wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:05 pm
:? But everyone on the forum already speaks English, what's the logic behind this statement? :roll:
Like Corn said, if it's held somewhere like, say, Germany, then everyone should probably speak German or they'll have a hard time getting around. Everyone on the forum speaks English, so getting around the UK isn't as much trouble.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Talvieno wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:32 pm
Dinosawer wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:05 pm
Like Corn said, if it's held somewhere like, say, Germany, then everyone should probably speak German or they'll have a hard time getting around. Everyone on the forum speaks English, so getting around the UK isn't as much trouble.
Ahahahahahahaha
Ahahahaha
Aha.
Sorry, for a moment I thought you were suggesting Europeans don't speak English.
Oh, wait you were. :P
Tal, pretty much everyone in all of the EU speaks at least passable English, especially those in public facing jobs such as hotels, restaurants and shops :P
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

HowSerendipitous wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:50 pm
Tsk, I think you're missing his point. He wasn't suggesting Europeans don't speak English... He was suggesting that Europeans do speak English so everyone here could get by in the UK easily :twisted:
Precisely this. Sorry if I didn't get it across well. :oops: I was just saying it would be easier for everyone in Europe to, say, read signs and talk to natives in the UK than it would be for everyone in Europe to read signs and talk to natives in Germany (or somewhere like Bulgaria. ._.).
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Dinosawer wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:36 pm
But all the natives speak English and none of the signs have actual text beyond names and the word 'STOP'.
Stardust recalls many people in Europe not speaking English while she was there. I'm simply putting the UK forward because English is their primary language, and it's the primary language of that of the forums as well.

Now, your euros/pounds argument has a lot more merit, on the other hand. That's enough to make me change my mind. :D That and what Cody so kindly mentioned above. :P

Online Now