Return to “Games”

Re: Star Citizen

Victor Tombs wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:29 pm
I hope you manage to solve your hardware issues, Etsu. I agree with you that it doesn't help to have below par equipment if you intend to experience the full graphical wonder of what Chris and Co. are creating. :angel:
Unfortunately it seems to be some kind of global issue. Everyone is having problems finding video cards a good prices right now, and the good stuff (particularly from AMD) is always out of stock. I hope the time when video cards were for gamers is not over. :thumbdown:

Well, when Chris said that this game was about to make you buy new hardware he meant it. The machine to run this game may not exist yet. :lol:
"Playing" is not simply a pastime, it is the primordial basis of imagination and creation. - Hideo Kojima

Etsu wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:03 am
Unfortunately it seems to be some kind of global issue. Everyone is having problems finding video cards a good prices right now, and the good stuff (particularly from AMD) is always out of stock. I hope the time when video cards were for gamers is not over. :thumbdown:
yes, because various crytpocurrency miners are buying up all the stocks, especially from AMD because the hardware is stronger by a fair margin

In terms of raw power AMD cards are in front of nvidia cards
They are just less efficient in bringing that power into game usage.

But the raw number crunching (FLOPS) amd cards are stronger.
Thats the reason why miners prefer AMD cards. More computation per card

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_A ... ega_Series
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_N ... .29_series

Corn is correct, AMD is better at pure mathematical performance, Nvidia is better in turning that performance into game performance. But since cryptomining is pure math cryptominers prefer AMD.
(For a similar reason, AMD is also better for video editing unless your program has bad support for AMD)
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

So I didn't see this one coming, Cornflakes, but after being fairly certain I wouldn't be adding any further ships to the fleet....I added the two versions of the 600i. Fresh V just couldn't resist the sheer beauty and bling content of these awesome new additions. ;) :D :angel:

Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:56 am
you should get your eyes checked victor, because everyone else saw it coming

but yeah, the 600i look great
To tell you the truth, Cornflakes, I haven't been paying much attention to the developments in the CIG universe. Somebody actually prompted me to take a look at these new offerings. You know what a sucker I am for such opulence. :lol:

Online Now