Return to “Games”

Re: No Man's Sky

I played until I could speak to most aliens without unknown words appearing in the conversation. Perfected my power-jump technique to cover enormous distances without dying upon landing. Also using deep water masses to do the same. I discovered all fauna in some planets. When your powertool is almost maxed and you have a nice ship, then it is really over, since there are no motivation whatsoever to do the same over and over again. I was fun at first, but they need to implement some rewarding mechanism to do things.
I have been - and always shall be - your friend.

HowSerendipitous wrote: And the new update sounds spiffy, only about 200 years until it finishes downloading... :squirrel:
Hmm...do you need to start the game for the update? If not, I think it was downloaded in the background, without me even noticing...
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"

Lum wrote:I played until I could speak to most aliens without unknown words appearing in the conversation. Perfected my power-jump technique to cover enormous distances without dying upon landing. Also using deep water masses to do the same. I discovered all fauna in some planets. When your powertool is almost maxed and you have a nice ship, then it is really over, since there are no motivation whatsoever to do the same over and over again. I was fun at first, but they need to implement some rewarding mechanism to do things.
Yeah, some long therm goals were needed. Just "Fly to the centre of the galaxy" was not enough...
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"

Cornflakes_91 wrote:
JanB1 wrote:
HowSerendipitous wrote: And the new update sounds spiffy, only about 200 years until it finishes downloading... :squirrel:
Hmm...do you need to start the game for the update? If not, I think it was downloaded in the background, without me even noticing...
What platform?
PC, Steam.
Nothing to see here

Silverware wrote:
JanB1 wrote:PC, Steam.
Steam does download patches, yes, check the downloads tab. Unless you have shut steam down since then.
Well...then it just downloaded in the background. And I didn't even notice... :roll:
Nothing to see here

JanB1 wrote:
Silverware wrote:
JanB1 wrote:PC, Steam.
Steam does download patches, yes, check the downloads tab. Unless you have shut steam down since then.
Well...then it just downloaded in the background. And I didn't even notice... :roll:
Yeah... paying attention to steam patches is for people with internet caps, and fork those people.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

I've just watched the trailer about the 1.2 update. Those roamers look like fun. You can take part in races, it seems. The update have a lot of new things, but they're still circling the same problem: you can do more things in a planet, but with it comes that traveling to another systems is less and less appealing. Isn't that a contradiction to the core gameplay?

Oh well, those roamers look like a lot of fun :ghost:
I have been - and always shall be - your friend.

Lum wrote:I've just watched the trailer about the 1.2 update. Those roamers look like fun. You can take part in races, it seems. The update have a lot of new things, but they're still circling the same problem: you can do more things in a planet, but with it comes that traveling to another systems is less and less appealing. Isn't that a contradiction to the core gameplay?

Oh well, those roamers look like a lot of fun :ghost:
Obviously the logical solution to that problem is to strip away gameplay and diversity from single rocks to keep the player moving :ghost:
panic

Lum wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:37 am
Yeah... or making the sentinels like this :ghost: :ghost:
One of the best movie scenes ever. I watched it in a movie theater when I was a kid and it was terrifying. Nothing has been able to beat it since then. :)

By the way, NMS it's like $16 on GoG right now, if anyone is interested. I have my quota of space games covered, but maybe someone here wants to give it a try. It's up to you. :P
"Playing" is not simply a pastime, it is the primordial basis of imagination and creation. - Hideo Kojima

Online Now