Return to “Technical”

Re: the games code

Well, it's not done yet. :P There's been a lot of optimization work done so far just to get the engine capable of running the gameplay, and I expect there will be more optimization work done before release. Naturally it'll be very well written. Of course... the source code for the engine isn't likely going to be made available to the public at any point.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

IronDuke wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:25 pm
What if people legitimately want to make a game using the LT engine? :think:

--IronDuke
You build on top of it. You don't give them the code....... or if you do you license it and only give them code that's relevant to their own tasks. I believe that's how Cry Engine and UDK do it.

IronDuke wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:25 pm
What if people legitimately want to make a game using the LT engine? :think:

--IronDuke

Really, unless Josh is willing to say "Just take the code and do whatever you want with it, no need to credit me", then you're opening up a particularly nasty can of worms. It's typically never a good idea, financially or otherwise, which is why you rarely see anyone doing it with anything bigger than, say, a Unity plugin.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Online Now