Return to “Games”

Re: Space Odyssey: The Game (Kickstarter)

It doesn't sounds like there's a real grasp of an actual game. Driving on planets, Terra-forming, and creating life sounds like a single player sandbox which is trying to put the player in a planet generator with limited interaction. So, is this an RTS, FPS, or a mix of both?

I'd back it, although I'm getting a strong sense of "this probably wouldn't be a good game". I think it could be used as an opportunity to get more people interested in astronomy/the space program in general - and, knowing Tyson, that's what he'd be likely to try to use it as. Unfortunately, I don't have anything on my debit card at the moment.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Damocles wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:09 am
A $314,159 Target seems a bit low given the list of industry professionals.
Is the kickstarter ment to just popularise the project?

Maybe Neil deGrasse Tyson can also lend his name to Limit Theory, marketing it as:

"Neil deGrasse Tysons Limit Theory" ;)
IIRC they said the kickstarter goal was mainly to raise money for community interaction and PR.
Talvieno wrote: I'd back it, although I'm getting a strong sense of "this probably wouldn't be a good game". I think it could be used as an opportunity to get more people interested in astronomy/the space program in general - and, knowing Tyson, that's what he'd be likely to try to use it as. Unfortunately, I don't have anything on my debit card at the moment.
It sounds like it could be an interesting space sim just to mess around with. I'm sure it would get old after a while but I'm the sort of person who can "play" Space Engine for hours on end so I figure if it gets finished I'd buy it :)

Online Now