Return to “Games”

Re: Star Citizen

Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:10 am
Cody wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:12 am
<nods> I'm not invested in this 'game', luckily.

Do they still use Miss Cleavage for their promo vids?
to my knowledge they still use miss-wife-of-the-boss for promo vids, yes
And why shouldn't they? Sandi have been with the project since start, and she's a lovely person. Go Sandi!
old-fashioned :ghost:

I attempted to add a brand new and sealed copy of Battlecruiser 3000AD to my collection to replace a damaged copy I own. I received words of woe from the supplier stating that they were sorry to inform me that the pristine copy they thought they had for sale had suffered some significant crushing. That seemed somewhat in keeping with the image I have of the designer/ developer of the game. :angel:

Victor Tombs wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:07 am
I attempted to add a brand new and sealed copy of Battlecruiser 3000AD to my collection to replace a damaged copy I own. I received words of woe from the supplier stating that they were sorry to inform me that the pristine copy they thought they had for sale had suffered some significant crushing. That seemed somewhat in keeping with the image I have of the designer/ developer of the game. :angel:
Um, are you sure you posted this in the correct thread?

BFett wrote:Um, are you sure you posted this in the correct thread?
:lol: The saga of "he who should not be named" and his antipathy towards Chris and SC is legendary, BFett. I'm not sure if anyone started a thread for Battlecruiser 3000AD but I would prefer not to go there. It's the crushing reference which is important here.

I can assure you I won't be breaking the seal on a replacement copy of Battlecruiser 3000AD. It's a collector thing, I have to add the damn thing for completeness. :angel:

Thanks for the opinions, thought I would get a little more of an intelligent response here.

As someone without a stake in the game, my initial contact with DS's twitter were amusing, but recently it has occurred to me that the time and effort expended by him in his SC endeavour might been seen as unhealthy for someone who is no longer involved with the project financially, although I believe his argument is that trolls went after him so game on.

In terms of the project I fear they might be near the end now financially, but what a dream they offered. If you are going to crash and burn, why not do it shooting for the stars.

scousematt wrote: Thanks for the opinions, thought I would get a little more of an intelligent response here.

As someone without a stake in the game, my initial contact with DS's twitter were amusing, but recently it has occurred to me that the time and effort expended by him in his SC endeavour might been seen as unhealthy for someone who is no longer involved with the project financially, although I believe his argument is that trolls went after him so game on.

In terms of the project I fear they might be near the end now financially, but what a dream they offered. If you are going to crash and burn, why not do it shooting for the stars.
As someone who has a rather large stake in the game, scousematt, I would ask you not to be too concerned by the financial goings on at Chris and Co. I can't see any evidence of crashing and burning in what they have been up to within the UK.

I'm still looking forward to my bike rides. :angel:

I have been away from Star Citizen (and from almost everything else really) for almost a year, and now I'm trying to catch up, with LT as well, and I must say that I'm impressed with the progress they have made. I hope to be ready for Alpha 3.0 when it comes up. I'm not yet there, but soon. ;)
"Playing" is not simply a pastime, it is the primordial basis of imagination and creation. - Hideo Kojima

Etsu wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:34 am
I have been away from Star Citizen (and from almost everything else really) for almost a year, and now I'm trying to catch up, with LT as well, and I must say that I'm impressed with the progress they have made. I hope to be ready for Alpha 3.0 when it comes up. I'm not yet there, but soon. ;)
It's really good to see your post, Etsu, and to know you are still out there. :D

Victor Tombs wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:30 pm
It's really good to see your post, Etsu, and to know you are still out there. :D
I'm not ready to be back on a regular basis but I'm still here, Victor. I need to take care of a few things first before being able to return properly. (Unrelated note: Every time I have to say or think the name 'Victor' I can't stop remembering Tom Hulce and his magnificent acting in the Frankenstein of Kenneth Branagh, one of my favorites movies of all times.)
"Playing" is not simply a pastime, it is the primordial basis of imagination and creation. - Hideo Kojima

Online Now