Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: Beyond The Edge (Main Thread)

Talvieno wrote:top and sides
Ah, i assumed that the markers were for the nemesis in top condition and not "as is"

Talvieno wrote: Granted, this would probably strain the gravity generators well past their limits and everyone inside would become a slurry-like coat of red paint on the outwards-facing walls, but it's capable of these sorts of things.
Well, turrets on the underside would have made such maneuvers largely unnecessary :P

Bottom turrets would also enable slightly easier/better ground support.
For providing fire support while being decently into the gravity well of a planet and being stationary and aligned with the gravity to enable easier hangar interactions

There were turrets on the underside. :P They just didn't last very long, and we landed on them.

All the soft and squishy stuff is on the bottom. Medbay, sensors, comm systems, shield generators, etc. As to ground support... this ship was intended for deep space. There were guns on the bottom, yes, but... I mean, this ship doesn't have the capability to do much planetary bombardment. :P It wasn't designed for it. The beam weapons would diffuse in an atmosphere and any projectiles would disintegrate from atmospheric friction.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

I know I know Tal, I was kidding with an unexplained subtext that I was enjoying trying to fit as many guns as possible on the hull, something you have yet to get to on your official pictures :D

In no way do I expect my little attempt to make it anywhere, I just like the practice ( and making starships is fun ) ( I'd rather leave the hard and serious work and responsibility of nemesis to you :P )

Okay, just wanted to make sure it was clear. I would've hated if you put all that effort into it, expecting it to become "The Nemesis Map", and then realize that I wasn't able to use it as such. I have to keep surprises somewhere. For instance, in one particular area of the ship, I plan to keep a small storage closet directly across from one of the main rooms, but I can't disclose where without raising suspicions/questions that would dampen or destroy a potential plot twist if investigated.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Dinosawer wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:38 pm
Detritus wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:34 pm
O my gosh, Miles can sneak into Saoirse's room at night. :twisted:
Note to self: pick room next to Bob
Note to self 2: ask if I can keep Spoon with me on Nemesis
xD :lol:
I am Groot.
Please don't take my advice. You will wind up in jail if you do.
For some reason, I feel obliged to display how many people have talked in IRC over the past 2 hours: Image :problem:
:ugeek:

Dinosawer wrote:
Detritus wrote:
That is actually a legitimate possibility on the Nemesis, though it wouldn't be on the Tartarus.

Talvieno wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:39 pm
Dinosawer wrote:
Detritus wrote:
That is actually a legitimate possibility on the Nemesis, though it wouldn't be on the Tartarus.
What, bad bedroom barter? or sneaky Spoon sentry?
I am Groot.
Please don't take my advice. You will wind up in jail if you do.
For some reason, I feel obliged to display how many people have talked in IRC over the past 2 hours: Image :problem:
:ugeek:

Online Now