Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: The Nemesis (Battlecarrier)

It's 3152, huh? "A century" my ass. Still, twenty-four years is still a rather long time to be asleep. I wonder for a moment if anyone remembers me, or if those bastards in HighComm managed to get everyone to forget about my little adventure on Anba. I snap out of it when I hear the big lug jump up and apparently try to squish some poor girl. I can't see much of her due to the freaking giant attempting to crush her ribcage into powder, but I notice with some surprise that she looks more heavily augmented than some special forces troopers.

I look away as I hear Frank's voice again.

'Yeah, I think that would be me." I give him an apologetic look, even though it looks like he can't see it. "I'm sorry about how you died...I wanted to help you but I would have died in the process anyway with all that fire going around."
"I feel like I'm about to keel over from dehydration. I think I'm going to head to the mess hall. I'll help you over if you want."

If Frank agrees,
-I help him over to the mess hall.
If he doesn't,
-I just go by myself.
I go up to the person manning the counter and ask for some water. Once I get it, I sit with Frank.
Last edited by cuisinart8 on Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

(( Talvieno, yep I remember that and thanks for the tip. Probably a better description of what I want lemons to be like is 'Short on Words'. He won't ignore you, or dismiss you, but he is also not going to be one to chat too much without a reason, or unless he warms up. I have no plans to separate him from the rest of the world socially ( though he might like that ) :D ))

Stick the flashdrive into the Datapad and play one of the calmer music playlists ( through the PDA speakers, since there are no headphones, but just loud enough so I can hear it and it does not bother whole mess hall ).
Explore the contents of the Datapad, looking for anything interesting on it.

Did the acting computer mention defence with real REKT squads? Yes. Air cover. From what?
See if I can find out anything about who we are defending against.
Last edited by Triggerhappy on Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

cuisinart8 wrote: 'Yeah, I think that would be me." I give him an apologetic look, even though it looks like he can't see it. "I'm sorry about how you died...I wanted to help you but I would have died in the process anyway with all that fire going around."
"I feel like I'm about to keel over from dehydration. I think I'm going to head to the mess hall. I'll help you over if you want."
Frank slowly opens his eyes, blinking and squirming to get used to the light.
It is Caleb, indeed. That makes the battle earlier only more realistic...

" Almost died." Frank replied dryly.
"And hell, can't blame you in that kind of situation! Would be happy if we could leave that behind us though, yes?"

Some water would be nice now...at least for mending the headache

"I'll gladly take that offer, lad. Just let me get on my feet."

Take Caleb's offer and go to the mess hall with him, supporting him as he supports me.
Politely order something to drink at the counter, preferably the sports drink thing.
Get to a table, sit down and drink slowly.
Don't try to set up a table yet.

((*Edit: Derped horribly...underlined actions, not bold X.X ))
Last edited by F4wk35 on Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

((Tal - yup, I've noticed it. I meant to say that nobody answered my question affirmatively))

Take a stroll through the labs(if it's not forbidden, of course)
if I find a scientist that doesn't appear to be too busy
-Casually question about what the hell happened to this ship(more details about the battle and why we're in Hittorel space)
if I "accidentally" notice a bottle/flask/whatever that contains ethanol(that is not denatured/contains some sort of dangerous substance, e.g. could be safe to drink)
-Ask a nearby scientist: "Hey partner, could I borrow some of this? I need it for, uh, medical purposes."(Just to be clear, I DO NOT drink it right away, directly like this, Buck isn't that stupid)

Check the front of my clothes, for any sort of name tag or suchlike.
If I have pockets, take inventory of their contents.

Check if I am hungry or thirsty, or tired.

Listen in on the nurses who are talking about me.
I am Groot.
Please don't take my advice. You will wind up in jail if you do.
For some reason, I feel obliged to display how many people have talked in IRC over the past 2 hours: Image :problem:
:ugeek:

Place the picture on the table.

"You might have noticed that I ripped your picture. Though it may not seem like it at first, everything's going according to my plan. See the tear represents the seemingly unending chaos that is so prevalent in our universe.
The meaning I have added to this picture will make it truly great. You are very lucky that I was on board SCAMPS. For if I was not, your picture would have been an ordinary picture, holding very little value.
Since I don't have the materials to repair the frame, I'll just leave it alone for the time being.
In the mean time, I'll see if I can boost the morale of the scientists in the labs.

Head off towards the research labs, and talk to the lead weapon developer.
"Greetings fellow weapon enthusiast! I am Brom Keegan: The legendary assassin of Ermhelm. I'm sure my reputation precedes me. My presence will distract some of the other scientists, so I'll try to keep this brief. I came here hoping to learn about the sorts of weapons you're currently working on, and if you possibly have weaponry that needs testing."
Breaker of fortune cookies

After deciding the everything is not attacking my everything, I'll get up and stumble around in the direction of the mess. I'm looking for anyone who looks familiar, but since my head is currently trying to implode itself, that's likely to be nobody, since my memories are in a jumble.

Upon arriving at the mess:

"Hey, do you have something filling, incredibly greasy, and having as little nutrition as possible?" ((Think english breakfast.))

After receiving whatever form of sustenance is currently standard issue, I'll wander over to the largest group of people and sit next to them.

"So, who are you folks? Don't seem to remember much at the moment... my brain's doing it's best impression of a spinning top."

((This was considerably longer than I'd expected. I definitely went a bit overboard. In my defense... uh... um... Have a goat, they're somewhat distracting))
Spoiler:      SHOW
Saoirse & Bob
Dinosawer wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:31 am
Cha0zz wrote: Bob looks around him.
"Heh? Bob not dead?"
"Who is voice?"

When Bob sees Saoirse, he runs over to her, hugs her an lifts her from the ground. "SAOIRSE-BOSS, YOU LIVE, BOB LIVE TO!"
Put Saoirse back down.
"Bob's belly feels funny and head does auch."
I hug Bob back.
"Hey Bob! Glad I'm not alone here." *grin*
"Yes, you're not alone in that - my head feels like the time I accidentally reversed the battery of my psi amp...
Wanna get some food to feel better?"

If Bob is inclined to follow, I head to the mess hall and ask for pudding.
When they inevitably have no pudding, I ask for a vegetarian ration instead.
Cha0zz wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:38 am
Bob gives Saoirse a big smile.
"Bob is hungry" :)

Bob follows Saoirse to the mess hall and asks for a big ice-cream with chocolate sauce and for a leg of roasted chicken.
After a very happy reunion, Bob and Saoirse leave the little storage area where they awakened and head down the Nemesis' long corridors toward the mess hall. It's a rather lengthy walk - at least longer than either of them may have expected - and very dull, punctuated only by the occasional engineer rushing past, headed for some unknown destination. The lights flicker intermittently as they travel, and it becomes clear (at least to Saoirse) that the ship is still under attack - but from whom is unclear. The only logical explanation seems to be the inhabitants of Nanyej, assuming this SCAMPS guy is even telling the truth.

The mess hall is... well, a mess. Most of the tables and chairs have broken free of the floor (probably from the crash landing) and piled up in a broken, jumbled heap at the front of the room. The serving counter is still there, but clearly understaffed - a few people are idling near it, talking. The two companions don't even see anyone there, so Saoirse takes the initiative, tapping on the counter with her hand. "Is anyone here?" she asks, loudly.

Her call is answered with a sharp thump and a subsequent groan, coming from, what seems to be, the space directly under the countertop. "Ow, my head," someone moans. "Yeah, I'll be with you in just a minute. Almost there," she answers in a mumble. "Just need to get this final... And then... One more..."

You hear a pop, and all the lights in the kitchen go out at once with a flash.

"That should do it!" the woman exclaims, seeming satisfied... until she comes out from under the counter sees the results of her handiwork. "...or not," she sighs, straightening with a hand on her back. "I'm Brenna Melvin, Chief Culinary Officer... or, at the moment, only culinary officer. All my hands have been called elsewhere, and the engineers are all busy, so... Well, I was trying to take care of it myself." She gives an embarrassed smile and wipes her dirty hands on her apron. With a gesture behind her: "Obviously that didn't work so well. So, can I get you anything?"

"Bob is hungry!" Bob says, a bit loudly (and happily). "Bob wants a big ice-cream with chocolate sauce and a leg of roasted chicken!"

Saoirse smiles warmly at her friend's appetite and adds, "I'd just like some pudding, please."

The woman's smile changes to one of apology as she shrugs helplessly. "I'm sorry, guys, we lost most of our stocks when the hull breached in the food storage areas. We're down to rations and mediwater now." Mediwater is a cheap 'energy drink' replacement. It's banned in some areas of the galaxy because it's so easy to replicate, especially watered down or with less-than-safe ingredients. The imitation strawberry flavor has a tendency to drown out all else.

Bob's face falls, but Saoirse is quick to recover (albeit somewhat disappointed). "We'll just have rations, then," she says. "I'd like a vegetarian one, please, if you have any."

"Now that I can do, Brenna says. Give me just a moment, I'll wash my hands in a flash and be back soon... if I could just find my way to the fridges." She hits a few buttons behind the counter and the emergency lights come on. "Better than nothing," she says.

~~~

Sure enough, it isn't long before she shows back up with two ration packs - a chicken one for Bob, and a vegetarian "salad" ration pack for Saoirse. They're really just dried food bars, and not particularly appetizing... but that might be the point. They are rations, after all.

The two friends are hardly halfway through their scant meal before a stranger sits down next to them. "So, who are you folks?" he asks. "Don't seem to remember much at the moment... my brain's doing its best impression of a spinning top." ((Sparky))

Frank & Caleb
cuisinart8 wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:51 am
It's 3152, huh? "A century" my ass. Still, twenty-four years is still a rather long time to be asleep. I wonder for a moment if anyone remembers me, or if those bastards in HighComm managed to get everyone to forget about my little adventure on Anba. I snap out of it when I hear the big lug jump up and apparently try to squish some poor girl. I can't see much of her due to the freaking giant attempting to crush her ribcage into powder, but I notice with some surprise that she looks more heavily augmented than some special forces troopers.

I look away as I hear Frank's voice again.

'Yeah, I think that would be me." I give him an apologetic look, even though it looks like he can't see it. "I'm sorry about how you died...I wanted to help you but I would have died in the process anyway with all that fire going around."

If Frank agrees,
-I help him over to the mess hall.
If he doesn't,
-I just go by myself.
I go up to the person manning the counter and ask for some water. Once I get it, I sit with Frank.
F4wk35 wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:17 pm
cuisinart8 wrote: 'Yeah, I think that would be me." I give him an apologetic look, even though it looks like he can't see it. "I'm sorry about how you died...I wanted to help you but I would have died in the process anyway with all that fire going around."
Frank slowly opens his eyes, blinking and squirming to get used to the light.
It is Caleb, indeed. That makes the battle earlier only more realistic...

" Almost died." Frank replied dryly.
"And hell, can't blame you in that kind of situation! Would be happy if we could leave that behind us though, yes?"

Some water would be nice now...at least for mending the headache

"I'll gladly take that offer, lad. Just let me get on my feet."

Take Caleb's offer and go to the mess hall with him, supporting him as he supports me.
Politely order something to drink at the counter, preferably the sports drink thing.
Get to a table, sit down and drink slowly.
Don't try to set up a table yet.

((*Edit: Derped horribly...underlined actions, not bold X.X ))
Frank and Caleb find each other and share an apologetic reunion in the little storage area they've awoken within. This is most certainly not VR; Frank's splitting headache can attest to that. He's a bit desperate for water, and Caleb feels the same. Together, they leave and head down toward the mess hall... which, according to the instructions SCAMPS left, is at the very front of the Nemesis.

The walk is long and mostly uneventful, save for where they pass an area where a few engineers have completely pulled all the paneling off a section of the wall to get to the conduits behind it. One of them manages to electrocute himself when the ship suddenly shakes under a blast from above, seemingly from an explosive shell. It looks like she'll be all right, and the other people have it under control and aren't paying the two inmates any attention anyway so they continue toward their goal.

The mess hall is... well, a mess. Most of the tables and chairs have broken free of the floor (probably from the crash landing) and piled up in a broken, jumbled heap at the front of the room. The serving counter is still there, but clearly understaffed. The only serving staff member there is just giving ration packs to two people, so Caleb leads Frank up behind them. As they walk off, he steps forward, asking for some water.

"Water? I can get that," the woman behind the counter says, tucking a bit of graying hair behind her ear. "And you?" she asks Frank.

Frank steps forwards, glad the lights here aren't too bright. "I'll have... something like a sports drink?" he asks. "If that's all right."

"I can get you mediwater," she says. "Sorry, our choices are kind of limited right now. Most of our food stores got spaced. I'm Brenna, by the way - Brenna Melvin."

"Frank, and it's nice to meet you, Brenna," Frank manages cordially. "And yes, that would be just fine.

~~~

A few minutes later, Frank and Caleb are sitting at a couple chairs together, sipping their drinks.

Lemons
Triggerhappy wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:23 pm
(( Talvieno, yep I remember that and thanks for the tip. Probably a better description of what I want lemons to be like is 'Short on Words'. He won't ignore you, or dismiss you, but he is also not going to be one to chat too much without a reason, or unless he warms up. I have no plans to separate him from the rest of the world socially ( though he might like that ) :D ))

Stick the flashdrive into the Datapad and play one of the calmer music playlists ( through the PDA speakers, since there are no headphones, but just loud enough so I can hear it and it does not bother whole mess hall ).
Explore the contents of the Datapad, looking for anything interesting on it.

Did the acting computer mention defence with real REKT squads? Yes. Air cover. From what?
See if I can find out anything about who we are defending against.
Pulling both the PDA and drive out of your pocket, you plug the latter into the former. To your relief, it loads up quickly. Not all devices would have adaptable ports on them, and the technology your drive is based on is, after all, over a millenia old.

You soon find some rather calming music and start that playing over the speakers of your PDA. ((Pulled one from my own "calm" playlist, as you didn't provide any. :P )) After this is done, you begin exploring the contents of the pad, searching for anything peculiar. Specifically, you're trying to figure out why you hear fighters overhead, and why that computer-guy-thing said that a REKT squad was defending the Nemesis.

It doesn't take you too long to find something interesting. Nanyej is home to a Hiltorel colony called Huhoba Qitsit - surprising, seeing as it has human-comfortable gravity. Hiltorel are usually more peaceful, but perhaps they feel threatened. It wouldn't be the first time.

Buck
Hapchazzard wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:25 pm
((Tal - yup, I've noticed it. I meant to say that nobody answered my question affirmatively))

Take a stroll through the labs(if it's not forbidden, of course)
if I find a scientist that doesn't appear to be too busy
-Casually question about what the hell happened to this ship(more details about the battle and why we're in Hittorel space)
if I "accidentally" notice a bottle/flask/whatever that contains ethanol(that is not denatured/contains some sort of dangerous substance, e.g. could be safe to drink)
-Ask a nearby scientist: "Hey partner, could I borrow some of this? I need it for, uh, medical purposes."(Just to be clear, I DO NOT drink it right away, directly like this, Buck isn't that stupid)
You stroll through the labs. You're a little surprised nobody is trying to stop you. Aren't you a criminal? You're pretty sure you're a wanted criminal. They don't seem even slightly worried about your presence, though, so you carry on, looking about. Some bits of equipment look ruined beyond repair, and some of the scientists are trying to salvage pieces from them. The lack of engineers in the area is... not entirely surprising. You assume they're all elsewhere, and if you've learned anything about researchers, it's that they typically don't make good engineers.

Eventually, you come across an important-looking scientist that doesn't look particularly busy; he's idling near his workstation, staring off into the distant, lost in thought. "Hey, excuse me," you say, casually - the man jumps, startled, but quickly recovers. "Sorry about the scare, but could you tell me what the hell happened here? I'm a little out of the loop. Think I slept through the whole thing with the battle and all." You grin sheepishly. "Help me get back up to speed?"

"Yeah, I'm out of the loop a bit too. Doesn't look like I'll be getting back to my job anytime soon, either," he says, offering a handshake. He has a firm grip. "Call me Janus, by the way." The man has a cool, laid-back demeanor. He also has spiked white-blonde hair, big glasses, and a smile that shows his work hasn't yet managed to grind him into indifference. "I asked around earlier today, so I'll tell you what I know."

From how Janus tells it, the Nemesis was on some sort of top-secret mission. Nobody seems to have known the specifics except for the acting captain and a few of the higher-ups - not even SCAMPS was completely sure, except that it seems to have been some kind of bombing raid. Most of the details are scarce and kept silent due to the fact that the Nemesis has (or had) a known mole aboard, even before the Battle of Nanyej, but they hadn't managed to pin down who it was, even after multiple checks of the entire crew. At any rate, the mole pulled his trump card as they pulled into orbit of Nanyej, and several OWL ships ("Outer World League", as Janus explains - a renegade rebel coalition aimed at retaking the galaxy) dropped out of warp right on top of the Nemesis... which hadn't seen them on its long-range scanners. If it had, it might've outdistanced them (or at the very least, ordered all hands to safer portions of the Nemesis and put up the shields), but their first shots decimated the bridge, killing Captain Machellan, his second-in-command, and most of the bridge staff. "After that it was a complete curbstomp battle as the attackers fired spinal cannons, decimating the guns and engineering, while OWL fighters tried to space everyone in the front of the ship before they could even man their stations. The comm and sensors array went down first, and then the shield generators. Then the whole ship shook - we're guessing at some point the mole, or someone else, managed to rig up a set of devices that was supposed to entirely rip away the right nacelle, exposing the core of engineering... but seems they miscalculated. We didn't lose the nacelle until later."

Janus sighs. "We didn't even stand a chance. If I hadn't been asleep at the time, I would've undoubtedly been up here in the labs when the hull breached, and gotten spaced like the rest of the unlucky ones that happened to be working." The man idly shifts a few things around on his desk, thinking of the people that died, before he finishes resignedly, "And, the rest is common knowledge. SCAMPS took charge and ordered a surface dive. Said he'd calculated it as our highest chances of survival, put everybody on their tasks, and down we went. Left the attacking ships up above atmo. They couldn't follow, and tried to take out our engines, but by that point we were already well on our way toward re-entry, and home free. Landing was a bit rough - lost the nacelle on the way, and I swear, if it didn't feel like my bones were going to shake themselves apart when they landed. Thought for sure we were all going to die." He laughs, a bit more lightheartedly than you'd expect. "But here we are! We're all right. Maybe we'll survive, maybe not, but hey... it's been a helluva ride. Not many can say they survived an in-atmo crash-landing on board a space-locked battlecarrier. Joey did an outstanding job landing us."

You nod. "Thanks for the info, partner. And, by the way..." You pick up a flask on a table nearby, clearly labeled "Ethanol". "Mind if I borrow this for a bit? I need it for, uh, medical purposes."

"Oh, you're with the medical staff? Sorry, orange jumpsuit, thought for sure you were with the REKT department." He gives a knowing smile and a wink. "Yeah, go ahead. It's not like we'll be able to do much with it anytime soon."

Just then, another inmate (you know it's an inmate because of the orange jumpsuit) shows up and begins talking (very enthusiastically) to Janus, so you step back out of the way and watch.

"Greetings fellow weapon enthusiast!" the new guy says. "I am Brom Keegan: The legendary assassin of Ermhelm. I'm sure my reputation precedes me. My presence will distract some of the other scientists, so I'll try to keep this brief. I came here hoping to learn about the sorts of weapons you're currently working on, and if you possibly have weaponry that needs testing."

"I like you," he laughs amiably. "Unfortunately, weapons? Testing? Look around you, man," he says to the newcomer, waving an arm idly at the surrounding area. "This place isn't even holding together. We're trying to get it fixed, and until then, I don't even have a place to work. Other areas come first on the repair lists." He folds his arms and shrugs. "For now, your time is probably best spent elsewhere, sorry to say. we're not going to be very operational for a while. If you're interested in gear we do have, though, you could head over to the armory and talk to Dennis Hoffman. It's only a short walk from here. ...Or you could swing by the hangar, if you wanted. I dunno if Guernick will want to talk to you, but Mara probably will."

Miles
Detritus wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:46 pm
Check the front of my clothes, for any sort of name tag or suchlike.
If I have pockets, take inventory of their contents.

Check if I am hungry or thirsty, or tired.

Listen in on the nurses who are talking about me.
You look at your clothes. You're wearing an orange REKT jumpsuit. Not too surprising. It's what you were wearing when they brought you aboard. At least they put you back into it after cryo. You don't have a nametag, but there is of course the Tartarus logo on one sleeve, and the number 10 on the other. The back probably has your name on it, but it's a little hard to see without a mirror.

In your pockets, you find a PDA - a bit extravagant a possession for a criminal, but hey, you're not going to complain. As to feeling hungry or thirsty, you do feel a bit thirsty... and sick still. SCAMPS wasn't kidding about the after-effects.

You pretend to be focusing on the PDA, and try eavesdropping on some of the nearby nurses.

"- barely managed to wake him up," one of them says. "He really fought it, or his body did, like it didn't want us to revive it." "Will he be all right?" another asks. The first replies, "He should be. His vitals returned to normal." The talk devolves into incomprehensible medical jargon, comparing you to other cryo-residents that it seems weren't so "lucky" as you. It seems they had trouble waking anyone up at all - and that the entire process was rather energy-expensive.

Brom
Hema wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:08 pm
Place the picture on the table.

"You might have noticed that I ripped your picture. Though it may not seem like it at first, everything's going according to my plan. See the tear represents the seemingly unending chaos that is so prevalent in our universe.
The meaning I have added to this picture will make it truly great. You are very lucky that I was on board SCAMPS. For if I was not, your picture would have been an ordinary picture, holding very little value.
Since I don't have the materials to repair the frame, I'll just leave it alone for the time being.
In the mean time, I'll see if I can boost the morale of the scientists in the labs.

Head off towards the research labs, and talk to the lead weapon developer.
"Greetings fellow weapon enthusiast! I am Brom Keegan: The legendary assassin of Ermhelm. I'm sure my reputation precedes me. My presence will distract some of the other scientists, so I'll try to keep this brief. I came here hoping to learn about the sorts of weapons you're currently working on, and if you possibly have weaponry that needs testing."
You place the picture on the table. "You might have noticed that I ripped your picture," you say. "Though it may not seem like it at first, everything's going according to my plan. See the tear represents the seemingly unending chaos that is so prevalent in our universe. The meaning I have added to this picture will make it truly great. You are very lucky that I was on board SCAMPS. For if I was not, your picture would have been an ordinary picture, holding very little value."

Surprisingly, after a bit of a delay, you actually get an answer from SCAMPS.

"I can't decide if you amuse me, or I hate you more than most," SCAMPS says. Unfortunately, this is all he seems willing to offer, so you figure you'll just leave it where it is and head off to the scientists in the labs.

~~~

The labs are a long-ish walk (and a trip through an elevator tube), but it seems the conference room already had you halfway there.

The research labs are... well, more of a mess than you've seen anything else. Most of the research equipment seems to be smashed, and although a small army of labcoated scientists are working to get it back in working order, the gaping hull breach above (that goes through multiple floors) looks like it's going to keep it from actually being operational for a while. They've at least managed to stretch some kind of plastic sheeting across the breach, so there's breathable air, at least.

You get the attention of the nearest scientist (who seems less-than-delighted to make your acquaintance, meaning she probably lives under a rock), and ask him where the lead weapon developer is. The woman seems confused for a moment, but then points you toward a scientist lounging in a chair. You thank her, and head in that direction.

The weapons developer is just finishing up talking to some other guy - also in an orange jumpsuit, same as you. He has pale blond hair - spiked on top. "Hey, I'm Janus, Janus Schernz," he says, offering a handshake. You can smell his hair gel, and you're not even that close to him. "Seems you were looking for me?"

Truly, this ship is chock-full of backwoods rednecks if you still can't find anyone that recognizes you. No matter! You recover quickly. "Greetings fellow weapon enthusiast!" you begin. "I am Brom Keegan: The legendary assassin of Ermhelm. I'm sure my reputation precedes me. My presence will distract some of the other scientists, so I'll try to keep this brief. I came here hoping to learn about the sorts of weapons you're currently working on, and if you possibly have weaponry that needs testing."

"I like you," he laughs amiably. "Unfortunately, weapons? Testing? Look around you, man," he says, waving an arm idly at the surrounding area. "This place isn't even holding together. We're trying to get it fixed, and until then, I don't even have a place to work. Other areas come first on the repair lists." He folds his arms and shrugs. "For now, your time is probably best spent elsewhere, sorry to say. we're not going to be very operational for a while. If you're interested in gear we do have, though, you could head over to the armory and talk to Dennis Hoffman. It's only a short walk from here. ...Or you could swing by the hangar, if you wanted. I dunno if Guernick will want to talk to you, but Mara probably will."

Sparky
firedude1218 wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:35 am
After deciding the everything is not attacking my everything, I'll get up and stumble around in the direction of the mess. I'm looking for anyone who looks familiar, but since my head is currently trying to implode itself, that's likely to be nobody, since my memories are in a jumble.

Upon arriving at the mess:

"Hey, do you have something filling, incredibly greasy, and having as little nutrition as possible?" ((Think english breakfast.))

After receiving whatever form of sustenance is currently standard issue, I'll wander over to the largest group of people and sit next to them.

"So, who are you folks? Don't seem to remember much at the moment... my brain's doing it's best impression of a spinning top."
You decide that everything is not attacking your everything, and get up, brushing away the nurses and doctors as you stumble in the direction of the mess hall. You don't really remember much of the walk, other than following the signs painted on the floor.

The mess hall is... well, a mess. Most of the tables and chairs have broken free of the floor (probably from the crash landing) and piled up in a broken, jumbled heap at the front of the room. The serving counter is still there, but clearly understaffed. The only serving staff member there is just giving ration packs and waters to two people, so you follow up in line behind them. "Hey," you begin, addressing the graying brunette behind the counter, clad in apron. "Do you have something filling and incredibly greasy, with as little nutrition as possible?"

She laughs. "No, but I have rations, which are basically the exact opposite - hardly filling, barely any grease, and all nutrition. Sorry, but our food stores got spaced during the battle... and the storage holds are underground and mostly filled with dirt right now anyway. Are rations okay?"

Disheartened, you accept a small, standard pack of three chicken-flavored ration bars and a "mediwater", and then look around for someone to sit with. It isn't long before you find someone - a charming half-cyborg girl and her friend, a hulking brute of a giant that looks like he's not quite the brightest bulb in the pack. "So, who are you folks?" you say, taking a seat across from them. Don't seem to remember much at the moment... my brain's doing its best impression of a spinning top."
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Glance at the details of how we got shot down.
Read more on the status of the ship.
Labs. Interesting. Maybe weapons there. May need help. Gain access to better firepower. Help scientists. Respectable cause. Gain more information.
Engine room. Experiencing drain. Unknow drain. Disconnected power plugs don't drain, they shut off. Interesting. May look at to discover source of drain.
VR Room. Minor damage. Might help with repair. Good source of practice.

Compose list on the Datapad:
- Research Labs: Help, repair, volunteer for tech in return?
- Engine Drain: Unknown problem, interesting fix.
- VR Room: Easy fix. Probably.

Go to the labs.
Ask around if they need help.
Last edited by Triggerhappy on Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

I notice other inmates leaving the room, so I guess I can too.

Get up, and go to the cafeteria.
On the way there, look around and take note of the state of the ship and the state of the people.
Once at the cafeteria, order water and a tortilla filled with chicken.
I am Groot.
Please don't take my advice. You will wind up in jail if you do.
For some reason, I feel obliged to display how many people have talked in IRC over the past 2 hours: Image :problem:
:ugeek:

Bob munches on his "chicken bar" with a slightly sad and disappointed expression.
Sparky wrote:"So, who are you folks? Don't seem to remember much at the moment... my brain's doing it's best impression of a spinning top."
Bob looks up at Sparky and a smile starts to grow on his face.
"Meh Bob!" he exclaims while extending one of his oversized hands towards sparky.
"This Saoirse, Saoirse is Bob's Boss" He says with a happy (and oafish) smile.
"Who are you?"
LT Wiki | IRC | REKT Wiki
Idiots. Idiots everywhere. ~Dr. Cha0zz

Bob wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:08 pm
Bob looks up at Sparky and a smile starts to grow on his face.
"Meh Bob!" he exclaims while extending one of his oversized hands towards sparky.
"This Saoirse, Saoirse is Bob's Boss" He says with a happy (and oafish) smile.
"Who are you?"
"David, but you can call me Sparky. Most everyone does, anyways." I say, brushing my hair into something perhaps more orderly, "So, you guys planning on doing anything? The PDA says the bunks are in bad shape, I was thinking about maybe seeing if I could fix those up again."

((I do plan on giving out some form of rewards for completing non-mission sidequests, by the way. Not entirely sure how it'll work out just yet, but I figure there needs to be some kind of incentive to explore/talk to people/look at things/do things. Obviously, having no incentive doesn't work. We tried that last time and it mostly flopped.))
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Cha0zz wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:24 am
firedude1218 wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:41 am
"So, you guys planning on doing anything? The PDA says the bunks are in bad shape, I was thinking about maybe seeing if I could fix those up again."
"Doing something? ... eeeuh"
Bob glances at Saoirse
"Boss?"
"Are we planning something?"
"Planning something? Not in those 10 minutes I've been awake so far, no... fixing the bunks doesn't sound like a bad idea. Better to do it now than when we actually want to sleep in them... when my mom asked me to switch bedsheets I'd postpone that until I'd have to go to sleep and then I had to do it when I was already tired and didn't feel like it at all anymore and...
erm. So, yes. That.
Oh, and I guess I should drop by the armory, as I have peculiar equipment needs. I hope they didn't lose all their PSI gear in the battle, it's not exactly standard stuff."

Noting Sparky doesn't seem inclined to further conversation, I do as stated and head out, together with Bob, towards the bunks.
Once there, I (together with Bob) clean up 2 bunks and surrounding room so we can sleep when needed.

That done, I try to find whoever is at the armory, and ask them
"Excuse me, I was wondering - do you have any PSI equipment despite the battle and losses and stuff?
It's not exactly normal equipment to have and I can't use anything else and I have no combat experience out of VR so I'm kinda worried..."
Last edited by Dinosawer on Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Online Now