Return to “Dev Logs”

Re: Monday, June 12, 2017

JoshParnell wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:07 am
Miklos wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:06 am
I'm happy to see a new devlog, but after reading I get sad knowing I have to wait a long time to read another one :)

It is, as others have said, awesome to see LT moving along even when you are deep in fighting forum fires and punching SQL stuff in the face. I have a gut feeling the next devlog will be amazing :D Personally I'd love to see pictures/screenshots of your simulation interfaces, yes even the text versions, this is stuff I'd never get to see otherwise, code we've all seen and the final product we'll all see, but seeing what you guys have are looking at outside the code itself would be cherry on top, even though I might not understand it :)
Well, I didn't really think anyone would want to see our ugly simulation testing interfaces but...maybe if so, I can include some pictures next time :D
By now you should start to know that we want to see everything :squirrel: :ghost:
LT Wiki | IRC | REKT Wiki
Idiots. Idiots everywhere. ~Dr. Cha0zz

JoshParnell wrote:
Well, I didn't really think anyone would want to see our ugly simulation testing interfaces but...maybe if so, I can include some pictures next time :D
Dude... we have told you how many times that we want to see even screenshots of your Joshdamned commits. :V
Seriously... gosh.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

JoshParnell wrote:
Miklos wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:06 am
I'm happy to see a new devlog, but after reading I get sad knowing I have to wait a long time to read another one :)

It is, as others have said, awesome to see LT moving along even when you are deep in fighting forum fires and punching SQL stuff in the face. I have a gut feeling the next devlog will be amazing :D Personally I'd love to see pictures/screenshots of your simulation interfaces, yes even the text versions, this is stuff I'd never get to see otherwise, code we've all seen and the final product we'll all see, but seeing what you guys have are looking at outside the code itself would be cherry on top, even though I might not understand it :)
yes yes yes yes - oh thank you Josh, this would be so amazing to see too - ty ty ty :D
YAY PYTHON \o/

In Josh We Trust
-=326.3827=-

I, for one, would love to see these interfaces. I honestly think this is one of the key advantages that you have created. WIthout these development feedback loops progress can be short circuited, dramatically slowed down, or just hindered. Shorter feedback loops = faster development and more innovation. :D :squirrel: I am now constantly thinking of how to make small testbeds. Seeing yours would be inspiring. Ugliness is underrated. :ghost:

beifler wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:07 pm
I, for one, would love to see these interfaces. I honestly think this is one of the key advantages that you have created. WIthout these development feedback loops progress can be short circuited, dramatically slowed down, or just hindered. Shorter feedback loops = faster development and more innovation. :D :squirrel: I am now constantly thinking of how to make small testbeds. Seeing yours would be inspiring. Ugliness is underrated. :ghost:
This is why REPL languages like JS are great, you can very, very quickly iterate over small changes. :D
And from the stuff Josh showed us in the past, only the core part of the game ISN'T REPL capable. And that seems like its going to be fairly static.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Online Now