Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: Random

Spoiler:      SHOW
I hadn't even noticed, but that's brilliant! It may be a reference to The Metamorphosis, a short story that was actually referenced by way of a homage near the center, where the girl first finds the guy (part of the text plays on the screen in the background). It's spoilers, but...
Spoiler:      SHOW
At the end of the book, the all-powerful machine of the story deposits the main characters onto an empty planet in a dead universe... but it's heavily implied that not all is as it seems - that they never left "the matrix" to begin with,
and in fact lived out their natural lives in a fabricated world still in cyberspace, and they weren't actually "living out their natural lives" at all.
On the other hand, perhaps they're not actually out of the game at all.

In case you missed it, Jan, there's also an entire game wound into Kaizo Trap. I won't spoil it for you, but... to give you a hint: always read the manual.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image
Re: Random

Things Mr. Welch Is No Longer Allowed to Do in an RPG
None of the Summon Animal spells will get me the drummer from the Muppets.
Even if the villain is Lawful Evil, slapping a cease and desist order on him isn’t going to work.
It takes more than one pick pocket roll to totally derail the campaign.
Portable Plothole is not a real magic item.
I cannot figure that the dungeon we're in is the Pac-Man maze and point it out to the rest of the party.
I will not take the mirror image spell literally and just shoot the wizard that's not left handed.
I will not spend 30 minutes of the game trying to buy an accordian.
Not allowed to spoil the plot by simply removing the hinges on the door.
I can't free the cannibals' prisoners by starting a food fight with them.
Can't just wizard lock the villain's throne room and come back in two weeks after he's starved to death.
I will stop asking the high elf for a hit.
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Online Now