Return to “Announcements”

Re: [ FORUM UPDATE ] : Feedback, Known Issues, Etc.

I like that I'm offered the opportunity to add images (if small ones) from my phone to a post.

It lets me upload an image file. But when I click on "Place inline" that box gains a green border but doesn't appear to actually do anything -- no reference to the image gets placed in the text of the post being edited.

Either that, or I'm not doing something right.

This is on an iPhone 7 running mobile Safari.

Cha0zz wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:01 am
Talvieno wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:53 am
Well, I replaced the fonts with images, so it shouldn't be a problem. Are you sure you're using devravaio? And if so, did you do a cache reset?
now the 'hamburger' is no longer in the middle of the dark dot :/ Image
This is now fixed.
Flatfingers wrote: Upload stuff
It works for me... I'm not sure what the problem is there. :\ I'm not even sure how I would troubleshoot that. It's certainly not something I have access to.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Talvieno wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:07 am
Cha0zz wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:01 am
Talvieno wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:53 am
Well, I replaced the fonts with images, so it shouldn't be a problem. Are you sure you're using devravaio? And if so, did you do a cache reset?
now the 'hamburger' is no longer in the middle of the dark dot :/ Image
This is now fixed.
LT Wiki | IRC | REKT Wiki
Idiots. Idiots everywhere. ~Dr. Cha0zz

Hi guys,

Regarding the captcha, we got the problem on a forum I'm running (phpBB). I tried recaptcha without success (lots of spambots registered with success).
We are currently have the following settings/process (since 5 years or so):
- we defined that the first post(s) of a user require a manual approval by a moderator (so if a bot pass the registration, its posts won't be visible unless a moderator approves it)
- we ban spam bot IP
- we use "peoplesign" captcha, but I can't really be sure it helps.

We got less and less spambot since we put this process in place (in fact, I can't even remember last time I had to ban / delete a spambot).

All this requires moderator to handle registrations - which is not a problem for my site (not a big traffic - so not a lot of real registration per day), maybe it's too much work for you. That is a good sign after all: the more the forum have registrations, the more LT is popular !!!

Best,
Alex

I wish this were possible. The trouble is, we've had something on the order of 3000 new bot accounts just since January. :crazy: We don't really have the manpower to deal with that many bots per day. Hence, Taiya.

Thanks for the suggestion, though. :) Perhaps some of it will come in handy in the future.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

square wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:39 pm
can you stop the editor's <textarea/> from changing size by itself or make it do so only when it's actually neccessary?
currently it just does what it wants.
Are you using the Dev layout? I see no issues with it on this one.

TALVIENO!
BAD!
Remove:
.post-image { border-radius: 4px; }
from line 1921 of the DevRavaio stylesheet please.

I don't want Josh damned rounded corners on my Josh damned images!
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Online Now