Return to “Announcements”

Re: [ FORUM UPDATE ] : Feedback, Known Issues, Etc.

The site is broken on screens with a horizontal resolution below 1300. I rotate my monitors to vertical (so 1080x1920, rather than 1920x1080) and the HTML does not appear to compensate. I assume this will also cause issues for mobile viewing as well. Tested in Chrome, Firefox, and IE.

Note... it's not that the site doesn't shrink to allow for a narrow page... that happens. It would be better if it didn't, but it's not easy to code a fully adaptive layout. The issue is that the horizontal scrollbar is disabled making it impossible to scroll to the right to see the entire page.

Talvieno wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:29 am
IronDuke wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:27 am
P.S. Yay quotes are properly visible now! :ghost:
They are indeed! :D I like the new additions too, with the exception of the svg's.
Yeah. Make 'em go or make 'em small - they are now about 25x bigger than normal smileys.
or.... make a LTFC entry only with emoji ! they would at least be useful.

:rocket: :milky_way: <-- will this be my entry for the space station edition? Stay tuned!

MyrddinE wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:31 am
As an addendum, I can't see an issue with the layout that requires such a high minimum width. Disabling it in the CSS does not cause rendering issue; it would probably be best to eliminate it. Note that eliminating the minimum width doesn't fix the lack of a scrollbar (which would still come up when users like me posted wide images). Not sure what's causing that.
Spoiler:      SHOW
Image Image
This was a temporary addition that you caught very shortly after I implemented it. It's no longer there. :P I'm attempting to make the site work on mobile. That actually helped tremendously... but as you said, not quite worth it for a select few PC users. It is unfortunately exceedingly difficult to make it look nice on both desktop and mobile, but I'm trying to make it work.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

JoshParnell wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:43 pm
HowSerendipitous wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:16 pm
I'm getting this when trying to edit my profile:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Twig_Error_Loader' with message 'Unable to find template "profilefields/text.html" (looked into: /homepages/42/d295107449/htdocs/limittheory/forums/styles/ravaio/template, /homepages/42/d295107449/htdocs/limittheory/forums/styles/ravaio/theme, /homepages/42/d295107449/htdocs/limittheory/forums/styles/all/template).' in /homepages/42/d295107449/htdocs/limittheory/forums/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Loader/Filesystem.php:215 Stack trace: #0 /homepages/42/d295107449/htdocs/limittheory/forums/phpbb/template/twig/loader.php(135): Twig_Loader_Filesystem->findTemplate('profilefields/t...') #1 /homepages/42/d295107449/htdocs/limittheory/forums/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Loader/Filesystem.php(139): phpbb\template\twig\loader->findTemplate('profilefields/t...') #2 /homepages/42/d295107449/htdocs/limittheory/forums/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Environment.php(312): Twig_Loader_Filesystem->getCacheKey('profilefields/t...') #3 /homepages/42/d295107449/htdocs/limittheory/forums/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Enviro in /homepages/42/d295107449/htdocs/limittheory/forums/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Loader/Filesystem.php on line 215

Aaaand the linkee to the train thread in my signature is broken :squirrel:
Thanks, that was indeed a bad php error. It should now be fixed. Can you confirm?

Also, can you give me the bbcode for your sig? Looking at the generated html it's unclear to me what the bbcode was. The link code does not surround the image code, so it's unclear to me if this is a bbcode issue or ...php, or css.. :confused:

EDIT: ^^^ OH DEAR GOD WHAT IS THAT...
Testing...

:angry: :beer: :fox: :penguin:

Well. This is interesting. Am I the only one seeing this? Apparently a boatload of new (hidden?) smileys.......I guessed those at random...
Yah, it's all good now, thanks! :twisted:

The code for my signature iiiiis......

Code: Select all

[url=http://forums.ltheory.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1834][img]http://animationsa2z.com/attachments/Image/train/train4.gif[/img][/url]

Thanks for the screenshot, Vector.

I've spent a surprisingly large amount of the day trying to figure out what happened to image links. No luck so far. :? Still trying.

edit: N810: The reason you're having trouble is because the font the forum uses does not work with IE, it seems. The only thing I can do to fix it is replace the font with images.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

N810 wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:25 pm
Attached screen shot:
(using windows 7)
Spoiler:      SHOW
Talvieno wrote: Whoa, thanks. I... don't actually know what's going on there. :wtf: I'll try to figure it out ASAP.
All of the forum icons are actually rendered as text using a font face whose glyphs are icons (it's called Font Awesome). So you are not seeing any because that font is failing in some way for you. Likely this is an IE + unicode issue, or else something in the style sheets causing IE to choke. It is well-known that IE does not like to play nice :P We will look into it.

As it turns out, I didn't in fact break image links -- phpBB3.2 did. Hooray for software upgrades, hooray for quality developers :problem: Fixing image links is going to be a serious task likely involving modifying phpBB's own code. So I'll likely not be getting to it anytime soon...sorry :(
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford

Talvieno wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:37 pm
Registration is temporarily disabled. Two bots in rapid succession means more on the way. I'm going to return Taiya's banhammer.
:hammer: :clock:
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Online Now