Return to “Announcements”

Re: [ FORUM UPDATE ] : Feedback, Known Issues, Etc.

I currently have absolutely no control over the mobile version, so until Josh gets his hands on it, it's going to end up staying the way it is. :| I've looked at it on my phone, and yes, it does look terrible, but I do at least have an option to disable it. Beyond that, there's nothing I can do to help. :\ I'm really sorry. I'll try to get something done with it soon.

Edit: Current page will now be highlighted in green in a list, as per BFett's request.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Flatfingers wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:00 pm
Dinosawer wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:53 pm
There's a full breadcrumbs in the banner on top.
Not in the mobile version being served to me, there's not.

I just get "BOARD INDEX" and "LIMIT THEORY" regardless of how deeply nested I've gone.
Spoiler:      SHOW
edit: ohgod that : shrug : emoticon.
nopenopenope

I'm glad it's working for your phone, Cornflakes. On my iPhone, that breadcrumbs line simply does not exist. Probably just a stray bit of CSS for mobile Safari.

I'd directly post the screenshot I just took, but there doesn't seem to be any way to upload images from my phone. (To be fair, I don't think I could have done that in the older forum, either.)

I do see the icon for emojis now, though. Thanks, Tal!

Er... where do I go to request to be served the desktop version?
Last edited by Flatfingers on Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mcsven wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:01 pm
Nice work all.... but please please please replicate the "return to x" link at the top of a page. Every time some forum I frequent updates the software I have to make this request; I can't believe I'm the only one that finds it useful.

So, like this thing? Image :ghost:
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Sorry, mcsven. :\ I don't have any control over that at the moment. We do have a link at the top, though, like Dino said. I could potentially figure out how to move the header bar with the page; in fact, that's what I should probably do, if it's possible. (It may not be.)
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Can you please make the selected page on a topic darker. (or lighter by lots)
Currently there isn't enough contrast there.

Can you also darken the image at the top of the page, the bright planetary atmosphere is making it REALLY hard to read white text.
(Who thought it was a good idea to do white-on-white, I need to reeducate you)

For buttons on the write-a-post pages, add a 1px border, and make the interior slightly darker.
And reduce the green to a dark when you hover over them, it is eye burning when coming from a dark theme to a fucking bright green.
(I mean come on guys, get your stylistic hat back on!)

On the latest posts page (search.php?search_id=newposts) I use this religiously.
The go to first unread post doesn't work if you have read them all. Can this be updated so that if all are read it takes you to the last post.
(The on-hover being white DEFINITELY needs to change. use glows instead, gosh.)

Also, we need new Smilies for a new generation of forum.
Something sleek and modern. Ideally all train/squirrel related.

I'll report more idiotic design decisions as I find them. Believe you me.

EDIT:: The green active icon needs to be BELOW a persons profile picture, not on it.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Dinosawer wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:03 pm
mcsven wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:01 pm
Nice work all.... but please please please replicate the "return to x" link at the top of a page. Every time some forum I frequent updates the software I have to make this request; I can't believe I'm the only one that finds it useful.

So, like this thing? Image
That would also work. But it appears that the max width setting for the pages being served to mobile Safari is only wide enough for two levels.

So I can get "BOARD INDEX LIMIT THEORY" or "BOARD INDEX OFF-TOPIC" but nothing deeper because there's not enough room to display more text.

This would make more sense if I could show you; as it is, you can take my word that no, there really isn't anywhere that displays the full breadcrumb trail.

I'm not raging out about it; it's just a nice-to-have.

Silverware wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:08 pm
Can you please make the selected page on a topic darker. (or lighter by lots)
Currently there isn't enough contrast there.
It's in the queue for Josh to update when he finishes with his LT work.
Can you also darken the image at the top of the page, the bright planetary atmosphere is making it REALLY hard to read white text.
(Who thought it was a good idea to do white-on-white, I need to reeducate you)
Not my doing. Josh did that. I've supplied him a fix and it's in the queue for him to update.
For buttons on the write-a-post pages, add a 1px border, and make the interior slightly darker.
And reduce the green to a dark when you hover over them, it is eye burning when coming from a dark theme to a frakking bright green.
(I mean come on guys, get your stylistic hat back on!)
In the queue.
On the latest posts page (search.php?search_id=newposts) I use this religiously.
The go to first unread post doesn't work if you have read them all. Can this be updated so that if all are read it takes you to the last post.
(The on-hover being white DEFINITELY needs to change. use glows instead, gosh.)
Will check it out.
Also, we need new Smilies for a new generation of forum.
Something sleek and modern. Ideally all train/squirrel related.
Not a priority at the moment, but noted.
EDIT:: The green active icon needs to be BELOW a persons profile picture, not on it.
Yes, there are some issues there. Will work them out when we get a chance. It WAS just off center at the very top of a user's avatar, so as hard as it might be to believe - it used to be worse. It also used to be round but Josh broke that. :)

Flatfingers: Safari and iPhones in general are very broken when it comes to web development. For instance, it does this strange thing with resizing text because it feels like you should always be able to read anything on the page without zooming in... which is why the main page LT website is currently broken on iPhones. There's not much I can do about it, either, with what I have. I'm doing my best to get some kind of fix put together though.

Online Now