Return to “Suggestions”

Re: Non symmetrical ship design

jonathanredden wrote:and so the discussion continues (I'm trying to provoke more discussion
Well, that nearly sets a new necro record at 35 months and 25 days. :shock:

I like the non-symmetrical design of some ships in "Star Citizen". In space, you don't have to think about aerodynamics, so in theory, you could just build a Borg-Cube. It would fly. No problem. I think the design of some modular freighter and person transport ships is really interesting. Where the modules/containers are at the side of the ship, not at the bottom. And the ship can just dock sideways. It's always an interesting and fresh approach. :D
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"

Lum wrote:First of all: I hate creating new topics for asking something that I'm pretty sure it was commented more than one time. But after some researching in the forum's dungeons and finding nothing... there you go :oops:

So far we've seen pretty impresive ship designs (I mean, the ships in the las couple of dev videologs were fantastic!) but I wonder if the variety in design will be limited to this kind of symmetrical forms for all ships mutuelles TNS. Can we expect something asymmetrical, maybe something not longitudinal but vertical (some EVE designs coming to my mind now)? Can we expect ship modules with complete barrel-like forms or are these modules only for stations? are we getting antennae and other external typical stuff?

:thumbup:
I think we must stick to the initial forms, so we can always recontact the product with its special feature.

BFett wrote:The Millennium Falcon is a cool ship, though for the most part I like symmetrical ship designs. Personally I'd like to see Josh master the art of procedural ship design before we move on to what is in my opinion more difficult ships to generate.

:lol: I've only just spotted your post, BFett.

I've never had much confidence in the ability of Josh to master the dark art of complex procedural ship design. I do hope his skills have improved markedly over the years. I'd love to see some of his latest designs. :angel:

Victor Tombs wrote:
BFett wrote:The Millennium Falcon is a cool ship, though for the most part I like symmetrical ship designs. Personally I'd like to see Josh master the art of procedural ship design before we move on to what is in my opinion more difficult ships to generate.

:lol: I've only just spotted your post, BFett.

I've never had much confidence in the ability of Josh to master the dark art of complex procedural ship design. I do hope his skills have improved markedly over the years. I'd love to see some of his latest designs. :angel:
Good thing that user-made designs are going to be exportable then :)
LT Wiki | IRC | REKT Wiki
Idiots. Idiots everywhere. ~Dr. Cha0zz

Cha0zz wrote:
Victor Tombs wrote:
Cha0zz wrote:Good thing that user-made designs are going to be exportable then :)
Yes, that's an option, Cha0zz, but I'm really hoping that josh nails it. I always wanted the LT ship editor to be something a bit special. :angel:
Maybe if he lets the monkey out of it's cage for a few hours :ghost: :monkey:
I see the few hours becoming a few days and then spiraling out of control :monkey: . Maybe Adam can keep him on track with just a few hours.
A life well lived only happens once.
Seems deep until you think about it.

Online Now