Return to “Everything & Anything”

This is me.. trying not to crash..

whilst gently maneuvering around trees and rocks!
:lol: :D :o :shock:

P.S. Watch at 1440p, recorded at 2.7k.. so much clarity ;)

Update: You can watch the playlist here :D
My first time on Ticknock in 2 years! I'm so happy with the track changes they made behind the mast :D
So basically, there's another rider behind me, so I want to keep up the cadence as I hurtle down a track I've never seen before!

Bike: Kona Steely, Stan Rims, Hope Hubs (hence the clicking freewheel)

Camera: GoPro Hero 5 Black

Video Settings: 2.7k, 25fps, FOV SUPR, Color GoPro, WB Auto, ISO 1200, Shutter Auto, EV Comp 0, Sharp Medium, Video Stabilisation ON, Auto Low Light ON, Audo Stereo
Last edited by FormalMoss on Thu May 18, 2017 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YAY PYTHON \o/

In Josh We Trust
-=326.3827=-
Re: This is me.. trying not to crash..

First, lovely video, and lovely looking track :)

Got a couple of questions for you, if you are willing to answer

It looks like your rebound is a bit too quick on your fork. as in, it comes up a "bit" too lively. If that makes sense? It can just be the video and the POV that is playing tricks on me. But a couple of "clicks" towards softer rebound might make your ride quite a bit nicer.

The small "ledges" that you go over/down. Looks like you are not scooting your bum back. Especially the first one has you looking like you are hitting fairly hard onto the front wheel?

Naed wrote:First, lovely video, and lovely looking track :)

Got a couple of questions for you, if you are willing to answer

It looks like your rebound is a bit too quick on your fork. as in, it comes up a "bit" too lively. If that makes sense? It can just be the video and the POV that is playing tricks on me. But a couple of "clicks" towards softer rebound might make your ride quite a bit nicer.

The small "ledges" that you go over/down. Looks like you are not scooting your bum back. Especially the first one has you looking like you are hitting fairly hard onto the front wheel?
Thanks Naed, yes, my forks were off on that day. Today, however, they seem to have "rebounded" back to normal again, quite weird.
Actually, I haven't had them serviced in 4 years, and only used them for proper mtb'ing in the last month. :shock:
I need to get them serviced, and now I know where, I'll drop them in after the weekend (or get new forks so I have two in case I prang one! :lol: ).

On the seat front, (watch my other vids from Ballinastoe), I have always been a sit down and get up the hill and not bother with putting the seat low, as I tend to not stretch my back enough (one of the vids in Ballinastoe has me stretching my back mid-flow :D ).

Also, after chain trouble last night (currently uploading those vids as I type) I'm thinking of upgrading the whole chainset to a single gear up front (the norm these days).
It's an investment atm, as I need my bike to take the punishment it's taking and shrug it off. I've plans to go travelling to other mountainbike areas around Ireland.

But by all means, keep your questions coming. I'm completely new to this (I don't even know how to edit videos, I've tried with lightworks but given up way too easily).
YAY PYTHON \o/

In Josh We Trust
-=326.3827=-

Talvieno wrote:That looks like amazing fun!!! :D Oh, I'm jealous. I miss bike riding, and this looks like exactly the kind of thing I would absolutely love. :D You did really well! Especially for a new track.
Do, I encourage you mate, you won't regret it :)
:thumbup:

And thanks, the vid doesn't show it, but I was bricking it when I went into the bush before the end.. man, I did not want to crash! :D
YAY PYTHON \o/

In Josh We Trust
-=326.3827=-

FormalMoss wrote:whilst gently maneuvering around trees and rocks!

My first time on Ticknock in 2 years! I'm so happy with the track changes they made behind the mast :D
So basically, there's another rider behind me, so I want to keep up the cadence as I hurtle down a track I've never seen before!

Video Settings: 2.7k, 25fps, FOV SUPR, Color GoPro, WB Auto, ISO 1200, Shutter Auto, EV Comp 0, Sharp Medium, Video Stabilisation ON, Auto Low Light ON, Audo Stereo
SO MUCH POTENTIAL FOR SELF HARM! WOULD NEVER DARE! :o

Also, at 1:18 of your first linked video, you nearly crashed...that was close, wasn't it? :?
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"

JanB1 wrote:
FormalMoss wrote:whilst gently maneuvering around trees and rocks!

SO MUCH POTENTIAL FOR SELF HARM! WOULD NEVER DARE! :o

Also, at 1:18 of your first linked video, you nearly crashed...that was close, wasn't it? :?
You have eyes like a hawk, good sir. That's exactly the jump I was mentioning to Tal about..
Thanks a mill.. you saved me having to watch it again and relive that moment...!
:lol: :D
YAY PYTHON \o/

In Josh We Trust
-=326.3827=-

FormalMoss wrote:
JanB1 wrote: SO MUCH POTENTIAL FOR SELF HARM! WOULD NEVER DARE! :o

You have eyes like a hawk, good sir. That's exactly the jump I was mentioning to Tal about..
Thanks a mill.. you saved me having to watch it again and relive that moment...!
:lol: :D
I have the feeling I'm saying this for the third time today, but: You're welcome.

And yeah, I have good eyes. Well, I need glasses with a correction of ~-1, but I still have a good eye for details. :mrgreen:
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"

Silverware wrote:
Detritus wrote:
outlander4 wrote:And it has TREES! Damn I miss tall trees :(
You have no trees in Spain...? :eh:
No, there are no trees in Hell. Too much fire.
ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, that explains it. :D

Thanks, Silver. :mrgreen:
I am Groot.
Please don't take my advice. You will wind up in jail if you do.
For some reason, I feel obliged to display how many people have talked in IRC over the past 2 hours: Image :problem:
:ugeek:

Detritus wrote:
outlander4 wrote:And it has TREES! Damn I miss tall trees :(
You have no trees in Spain...? :eh:
Well, here trees are absolutely pathetic. They are not tall. And that sucks. My ability to lucid dream suffers from it as I use my intense desire to climb to the top to understand that I am, in fact, in a dream. And here I don't see many tall trees, so I can't lucid-dream about flying over the Asturian mountains :(

There are places with trees here, of course, but not where I live. So I don't get to see them all that often.

Edit:
Spoiler:      SHOW
Proud Russian trees: Image Image Whatever that is they call 'trees' here:
Image Image
Spoiler:      SHOW
And that's the closest place to mountain bike that I have - I can literally see it from my street. Note the absolutely pathetic shrubbery that covers the place:
Last edited by outlander on Thu May 18, 2017 3:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Survivor of the Josh Parnell Blackout of 2015.

Online Now