Return to “Games”

Re: Hawkspears: DF Succession Game (Discussion)

BFett wrote:If at some point in the future people would be interested in doing a similar thing to this in Rim World I would be willing to participate.

I do enjoy these stories though and hope they continue for a long time.
Rimworld doesn't lend itself as well, as it's designed to force you to actually lose rather quickly, rather than because of a human fuckup.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Silverware wrote:
BFett wrote:If at some point in the future people would be interested in doing a similar thing to this in Rim World I would be willing to participate.

Rimworld doesn't lend itself as well, as it's designed to force you to actually lose rather quickly, rather than because of a human fuckup.
Is it? Is it just really hard to win, or is it (nearly) impossible?
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"

Silverware wrote:

I meant to say the same yesterday but forgot.

Jan: At the recommended difficulty, you do not win Rimworld. At other difficulties, you do not lose Rimworld.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Silverware wrote:

Yeah I know what you mean. I've actually lowered the difficulty settings because I am trying to play it for multiple in game years to see how far I can get it. So far I've only managed a game where I got about a year and a half in before quickly getting killed off. I do hope someone out there is able to make it more like DF. It sounds like DF is lots of fun, though a tad too complex for me.

Online Now