Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: Things That Made You Happy Today

Dinosawer wrote: Since your GPU is a lot better than mine, your CPU is the probable bottleneck ( mine is quite a lot better on single-core performance)
his GPU and CPU are better than mine and i have higher average frames than he has.
and im GPU limited :shrug:
https://pastebin.com/wd0a86Ke

my six cores also have all ~same usage ratio

jan: you sure you used mantle not dx? :ghost:

JanB1 wrote:
Cornflakes_91 wrote: jan: you sure you used mantle not dx? :ghost:
I used DX, wasn't able to use mantle... :shifty:
that explains it.

get a driver update and try again.

your GPU is able to use mantle/vulkan

and of course your performance is worse when you use the inferior API :ghost:

for contrast my results with DX
https://pastebin.com/hHCNUfJm

with the same "one core works, one does a bit and the other idle" pattern in CPU usage.

with mantle all my cores have similar utilisation of 60-90%

Baile nam Fonn wrote:Upon my brother's insistence I applied for a new, presumably better (much higher ceiling for technical excellence) job today. And was hired on the spot. They'll train me from scratch. :shock:
Only two more weeks of night shift and I'm off to brighter, shinier, better challenges! :D
Congrats! :o

What will you do at your new job?
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"

JanB1 wrote:
Baile nam Fonn wrote:Upon my brother's insistence I applied for a new, presumably better (much higher ceiling for technical excellence) job today. And was hired on the spot. They'll train me from scratch. :shock:
Only two more weeks of night shift and I'm off to brighter, shinier, better challenges! :D

Welding.
It's a custom metal enclosures operation.
I toured the place yesterday (and met the welding supervisor; nice guy), and they seem to run a tight ship. Clean, well lit, well ventilated, well organized.
"omg such tech many efficiency WOW" ~ Josh Parnell

Baile nam Fonn wrote:
JanB1 wrote:

Welding.
It's a custom metal enclosures operation.
I toured the place yesterday (and met the welding supervisor; nice guy), and they seem to run a tight ship. Clean, well lit, well ventilated, well organized.
I bow in front of every good welder. Especially stainless steel, aluminum, and polymer welders! We had a guy in my previous company, he was about 50 years old, master welder! I never saw such evenly placed welding points and such beautiful welding grooves. He never used a machine, always did it by hand. He could weld ANYTHING!
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"

Online Now