Return to “General”

Re: Limit Theory Fan Contest - Discussion

Congratulations 0111Narwhalz! Great story...
Also congrats to the others and the usual thanks to Talv for making it happen :thumbup:

Thanks HS for the explanations. My main problem is aligning the textures (i also do this kind of multiple layers) when having a shape containing several instances of the same texture but at different locations/alignments. Specifically i always want the window to start with a complete window on the top left (and not sometime with half a window) and have then fixed (so not using world coordinates) but all e.g. arranged parallel to the edge.
Yours may be a good trick with creating separate surfaces (wings 3D group the object by material automatically, but if I understand right, you did make a model using several shapes, i.e. Had more than one object to export?) - will try.
NB: my vue 2016 is crashing quite often (as was 2015 before it). I wonder if I have too few RAM with 4Gb on my iMac - can I ask what you have?
Re: Limit Theory Fan Contest - Discussion

CSE wrote:Congratulations 0111Narwhalz! Great story...
Also congrats to the others and the usual thanks to Talv for making it happen :thumbup:

Thanks HS for the explanations. My main problem is aligning the textures (i also do this kind of multiple layers) when having a shape containing several instances of the same texture but at different locations/alignments. Specifically i always want the window to start with a complete window on the top left (and not sometime with half a window) and have then fixed (so not using world coordinates) but all e.g. arranged parallel to the edge.
Yours may be a good trick with creating separate surfaces (wings 3D group the object by material automatically, but if I understand right, you did make a model using several shapes, i.e. Had more than one object to export?) - will try.
NB: my vue 2016 is crashing quite often (as was 2015 before it). I wonder if I have too few RAM with 4Gb on my iMac - can I ask what you have?
Yeah, when you export from Wings it'll export everything onscreen regardless. So if you've got multiple shapes, they'll all be considered to be bits of the same export (I go with Wavefront *.obj). The Aurora's 23 models, some of which I combined for simplicity, such as engine nozzles & sensor probes. The main hull is extruded in various ways from a single cube.

Vue'd pretty solid for me, though I'm using ye olde Vue 8 because I'm a cheap fecker but I'm planning to upgrade to 2016. RAM-wise, I've got 12 gigs on the motherboard and 4 gigs on the GPU.

Online Now