Return to “Games”

Re: Avorion

FormalMoss wrote: Already found the pirate lua script, thinking of changing it so only one pirate ship spawns with legendary loot and 1hp lol
I would call that "cheating", but none of my business. :ghost:
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"

JanB1 wrote:
FormalMoss wrote: Already found the pirate lua script, thinking of changing it so only one pirate ship spawns with legendary loot and 1hp lol
I would call that "cheating", but none of my business. :ghost:
Yup, so would i, but for when i can't grasp it easily (there is a big learning curve), and nowhere does it say that T will eject you from your ship, and you won't get back into your ship no matter how many times you press T??! And which results in creating a new universe?
No ty.

/give -p Formal.Moss -g credits -a 11

I'm so much happier :)
I'm working on a beginners intro that has one using a good efficient ship with a little hackery.. The current system is pants in my book.
YAY PYTHON \o/

In Josh We Trust
-=326.3827=-

FormalMoss wrote: Yup, so would i, but for when i can't grasp it easily (there is a big learning curve), and nowhere does it say that T will eject you from your ship, and you won't get back into your ship no matter how many times you press T??! And which results in creating a new universe?
No ty.
It doesn't say it, because it's not true. You just have to fly close enough to your ship with your drone, and then T will put you back inside.
Which the tutorial DOES tell you. As well as that T ejects you. :P
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Lum wrote:He's my little mining/salvaging ship: the Shiny!

Shiny currently equips 5 miners and 3 railguns, she's fully armored (for the casual anti-pirating efforts while salvaging wreckages) and her crew of 48 (10 professional miners included) is happy! :ghost:
Spoiler:      SHOW
And here her humble stats:
Woot, thanks Lum - you inspire me to pull my head out of Eve Online :) :thumbup:
Moar updates when you can would be awesome :D
YAY PYTHON \o/

In Josh We Trust
-=326.3827=-

There are ships with enough HP and shields out there that they don't need armor. I armored the ship because of collision damage and because I didn't have the whatever-it's-called-structural-enhancement in the titanium tier. I'm just learning how to make things better, so armor did sound about right at the time :D

FormalMoss, yes! You should make your way back to Avorion. In the end, you can have EVE's ships also here. For instance the insanely detailled Stratios (Sisters of EVE). The fellow took more than 60 hours to make it, but man, it shines all the way! And is powerful ship, not only looks!
I have been - and always shall be - your friend.

In the Alliances update:
Steam Workshop support!!!11!
Also full out-of-sector simulation of ships and stations!

(at the cost of broken saves)

edit: failed to notice a new multicrew ship control feature (eg. delegating piloting, guns, energy management, fighter squadron management roles) for multiplayer. Sounds cool.
"omg such tech many efficiency WOW" ~ Josh Parnell

I'm afraid to say that Avorion has gone the same way as many of the other projects I supported on KS. I know it's well worth playing but finding the time is a problem. :(

I do, however, get a warm glow from knowing that I gifted a game to others who show a much better appreciation of the game than I do and are enjoying their gaming experience. :angel:

Online Now