Return to “Dev Logs”

Re: Thursday, April 13, 2017

N810 wrote:Oh god not EDLIN !
TECO.
Real programmers don't want "what you see is what you get," they want "you asked for it, you got it." They want editors that are terse, powerful, cryptic, and unforgiving. In a word, TECO.
And in other news:
0111narwhalz wrote:Graphics Josh appeared this week, yet no eyecandy was shared?
The SuperHDR and UberBloom would be too much for your puny human eyes, which would explode like two overripe grapes.

Thank Teh Josh for sparing your vision!

IronDuke wrote:Tal, your translation from the sublime language of Code to Layman is invaluable to all who do not possess the knowledge that the One and only Node reserves for himself.

Please keep it up. :thumbup:

--IronDuke
You could try programming, like a gentleman, and learn the intrigue insides of the beast we know as "F*** YOU WHY WONT YOU F***ING COMPILE!"
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Silverware wrote:
IronDuke wrote:Tal, your translation from the sublime language of Code to Layman is invaluable to all who do not possess the knowledge that the One and only Node reserves for himself.

--IronDuke
You could try programming, like a gentleman, and learn the intrigue insides of the beast we know as "F*** YOU WHY WONT YOU F***ING COMPILE!"
Nope. I'd need a second brain to do that :ghost:
I have been - and always shall be - your friend.

Silverware wrote:

--IronDuke
Or "F*** YOU! THERES NO F***ING ERROR ON THE LINE YOU INDICATE!! WHERE IS THE F***ING ERROR?!"

charnode wrote:fwiw I tend to use https://atom.io/ for my text editing purposes.
I also use Atom, when I am dealing with small files, or remote systems.
Notepad++ on windows is better for large files, if I am on a nix system and need a large file edited, well that's what VIM is for. :V
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

JanB1 wrote:
JoshParnell wrote:Rawr. I had almost finished this log when I accidentally closed it before having saved. Why hadn't I been aggressively saving after every few keystrokes like I usually do when I'm in vim?

Employee 2-4601 wrote: Gosh, why are you not writing it in vim in the first place?! I don't like to write any non-trivial text outside of my text editor.
Why using VIM in the first place? Why not use Sublime Text? :D
Sublime Text is for people who copy/paste their code.
Shameless Self-Promotion 0/ magenta 0/ Forum Rules & Game FAQ

Online Now