Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: Random Rage Thread

Gazz wrote:
JanB1 wrote:Well, it's not much of a challenge if I just used a vehicle. We, a group of soldiers of all ranks and me, are training for a competition. :D
Oh, there is a Sore Feet 1017 competition?
No, a 2 day challenge where you walk 40km each day, and the group with the lowest total time wins. And there many military organizations going there, so it's kinda a military competition because we got our own category, so you only compare military with military.
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"

IronDuke wrote:Welp

Finally the Tirpitz is on sale for World of Warships, for a whopping 50% off. Unfortunately, I have no moneys of any kind and neither do the two people who owe me some ingame rewards. It stinks; this is the ship that got me into the game, and 4,000 battles later I still don't have it. :cry:

--IronDuke
:(
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"

I kept waking up in the night, and my bed kept getting sorta uncomfy, so rolling over, but also uncomfy on new position too, so spent a lot of the night tossing and turning.

... i feel tired today
I am Groot.
Please don't take my advice. You will wind up in jail if you do.
For some reason, I feel obliged to display how many people have talked in IRC over the past 2 hours: Image :problem:
:ugeek:

Detritus wrote:I kept waking up in the night, and my bed kept getting sorta uncomfy, so rolling over, but also uncomfy on new position too, so spent a lot of the night tossing and turning.

... i feel tired today
I woke up today at 5am with a tearing headache. Stood up and opened the window a little to let some air in and went back to sleep. When my alarm went off at 7am, the headache was gone. But what I didn't realise was, that it was snowing (Yeah, snowing. Like...what the fuck weather?) tonight and so when I threw back my blanket, I immediately regretted, that I opened the window. :(
Nothing to see here

JanB1 wrote:
Detritus wrote:I kept waking up in the night, and my bed kept getting sorta uncomfy, so rolling over, but also uncomfy on new position too, so spent a lot of the night tossing and turning.

... i feel tired today
I woke up today at 5am with a tearing headache. Stood up and opened the window a little to let some air in and went back to sleep. When my alarm went off at 7am, the headache was gone. But what I didn't realise was, that it was snowing (Yeah, snowing. Like...what the frak weather?) tonight and so when I threw back my blanket, I immediately regretted, that I opened the window. :(
murder the snow god
I am Groot.
Please don't take my advice. You will wind up in jail if you do.
For some reason, I feel obliged to display how many people have talked in IRC over the past 2 hours: Image :problem:
:ugeek:

Today we lost the 14ft tall rocket our team spent all year building for the IREC rocketry competition. There was a problem with parachute deployment somewhere athat 10000ft, we lost visual contact, and it probably went balistic and embedded itself somewhere deep in the woods. We don't have time to rebuild the carbon fiber tubing, or money for new materials. It was the maiden flight.

I then had to drive 6 hours back home and got back to my dorm at around 2 in the morning.
Libertas per Technica

Graf wrote:Today we lost the 14ft tall rocket our team spent all year building for the IREC rocketry competition. There was a problem with parachute deployment somewhere athat 10000ft, we lost visual contact, and it probably went balistic and embedded itself somewhere deep in the woods. We don't have time to rebuild the carbon fiber tubing, or money for new materials. It was the maiden flight.

I then had to drive 6 hours back home and got back to my dorm at around 2 in the morning.
Fuck this.
Nothing to see here

JanB1 wrote:
frak this.
Basically. We ended up scrounging up some funds to make an attempt at a build, so maybe it will end up okay? We also ran the numbers and found that it could not have gone ballistic, which is good, but instead probably deployed mains 2 miles up and got blown downwind at 30 to 40 miles per hour. There was also a storm that night, which probably destroyed the electronics and blew it around further. There is a non-zero possibility that it is entangled in the upper branches of a 200ft tall pine tree.

Part of the team is probably going to drive down again and search the area with a drone or two while the rest of us rebuild parts, but finals week is coming up so nobody really has time.
Libertas per Technica

Graf wrote: Basically. We ended up scrounging up some funds to make an attempt at a build, so maybe it will end up okay? We also ran the numbers and found that it could not have gone ballistic, which is good, but instead probably deployed mains 2 miles up and got blown downwind at 30 to 40 miles per hour. There was also a storm that night, which probably destroyed the electronics and blew it around further. There is a non-zero possibility that it is entangled in the upper branches of a 200ft tall pine tree.

Part of the team is probably going to drive down again and search the area with a drone or two while the rest of us rebuild parts, but finals week is coming up so nobody really has time.
Well, I'm hoping the best for you guys. And good luck with your exams. :D
Nothing to see here

Online Now