Return to “Games”

Re: Skywanderers

BFett wrote:So I'm curious, Have you guys ever messed with Minecraft's redstone
Only a little.
BFett wrote: logic circuits in general?
Yes.
BFett wrote: What kind of machines you have made out of these kinds of circuits?
Did an 8-bit bimodal adder/subtractor with a decimal -> binary encoder and a binary -> 7-seg decoder.
And then tried to build it in Space Engineers.
It didn't go well.
BFett wrote: What kind of logic circuit based machine would you like to create in Skywanderers and what uses would they have?
Multiplexed signals (if you only want one thing at a time), light switches on both sides of hallways, small (large) computers...
All I need are either the three prime gates* (AND, OR, NOT) or sensors and motors precise enough to build the same.

*A XOR B is equivalent to (A OR B) AND (NOT (A AND B))

0111narwhalz wrote:light switches on both sides of hallways
Two buttons, linked to a switch, the switch links to the lights.
Buttons toggle switch state. Switch sends 1 or 0. (buttons only send 1)
0111narwhalz wrote:(AND, OR, NOT)
I believe you get a fair number of bool logic gates, I can check tonight though.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

BFett wrote:So I'm curious, Have you guys ever messed with Minecraft's redstone or logic circuits in general? What kind of machines you have made out of these kinds of circuits? What kind of logic circuit based machine would you like to create in Skywanderers and what uses would they have?
I played with logic the most in starmade, built airlock systems and drone launch tubes

Tonight Silverware Twitch streamed Skywanderers for several hours. I offered advice on occasion and asked questions that would help any viewers get a better idea of what was being made. Near the end of the stream we decided to call the carrier Zeus. It has two hanger doors and a floor elevator for lowering ships into the lower hanger. Silverware also came up with an ingenious way to project names and symbols using moving segments to create independent objects. The result is quite amazing.
Spoiler:      SHOW

Indeed, was great having Bfett on with me. Gave me ideas and kept me adding things to the build.
Normally my creative juices run dry quickly if I don't have someone to bounce ideas around with.

Once it hits Beta and everyone can get a copy we should definitely attempt building a small armada. :D
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020

Talvieno wrote:I tried watching the stream, but my connection wasn't cooperating... nor was life at home.
Yeah, part of it is that my own internet is crap, so the stream gets at best about 400kbs. Was getting 60% packet loss on OBSStudio.

I think I'll be looking at getting VDSL, partly so I can switch provider and get a (cheap) static IP, and drop the DynDNS stuff. It'll likely resolve some issues with goat.army's mail.

Once I finish this ship, I will likely do a guided tour video, and dump that to YT.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°

I've been hanging out in the discord channel of this game and I must say that there are some very impressive ships being designed by the community. If it is alright with everyone I will start posting the most impressive ships in this thread. If you'd rather I not then I'll post them in the Favorite Sci-Fi Art thread.

BFett wrote:I've been hanging out in the discord channel of this game and I must say that there are some very impressive ships being designed by the community. If it is alright with everyone I will start posting the most impressive ships in this thread. If you'd rather I not then I'll post them in the Favorite Sci-Fi Art thread.
Post them here :3

Skywanderers is awesome. :D

I'll likely stream some more this weekend.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°

Online Now