Return to “REKT”

Re: Beyond the Edge: Pre-mission thread

Dinosawer wrote:
BFett wrote:character sheet
Talvieno wrote: After you fill out your character sheet, simply copy the bbcode at the bottom and paste it in the main thread.
[...]
Note: This is not the main BTE thread. Don't post character sheets yet.
Reading, how does it work :ghost:

To be honest it's not as well placed as it could be. That should be the first line above the auditions post, not a little sentence at the very end of the paragraph where I'd glance over it. Also, why the heck isn't the BTE page up for characters? **Insert annoyance here**
Re: Beyond the Edge: Pre-mission thread

BFett wrote: To be honest it's not as well placed as it could be. That should be the first line above the auditions post, not a little sentence at the very end of the paragraph where I'd glance over it. Also, why the heck isn't the BTE page up for characters? **Insert annoyance here**
You can always throw your stuff here for other people to see (temporary, WIP, etc)
http://forums.ltheory.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=5908
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING
Re: Beyond the Edge: Pre-campaign thread

Also, if you want to have your (not yet official) character on the wiki, you can
a) Put it on it yourself (Tag it as Pending!)
b) PM it to me here and I'll do it for you
(A couple of us do that to save our backup character(s))

Note that anything in the pending category there is not official and not approved
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Okay, I now have the official audition-judging spreadsheets written up. A few things I'd like to make clear:
  • You do not actually have to answer all the questions, but I do recommend you answer at least one - you'll be penalized for not answering any at all
  • The questions are largely there as prompts, to keep people from making flat, boring characters they grow tired of
  • It's okay to copy-paste from your bio to the question area, if your bio already answers some of it
  • It is totally okay to be using the same stat/skillset as someone else (even though I joke about nerfing things)
  • I will be trying to balance squads for good teamwork, and this will factor slightly into the decisions I make
  • Trying to be creative and unique always pays off
  • Keep in mind that while REKT does not award roleplaying "XP", it does reward good roleplaying in other, more subtle ways
  • It's important that everyone has fun - you, me, and all the other players
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

I should've guessed. :lol:

Another good example of a character that wouldn't be accepted is a human of about 25, who grew up on some midworld planet, lost his family in a tragic mining accident... and then learned to talk to spirits so he could keep in touch. REKT, being sci-fi, has no ghosts. HOWEVER - if you changed it so he only thinks he talks to spirits, but he's actually just insane, that would work as a creative, unique character.

Ghosts as characters will obviously never be accepted. :D
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

:lol: You've got some reading to do. :P It's an RPG, like D&D.

Here's the intro for the old main thread:

Welcome to the Requisited Knowledge Troops.

Please stop screaming.

I'm sure you all have your reasons for being here. A lot of you probably angered the local factions. That's never a good idea. Some of you probably committed crimes against humanity. Also a stupid idea. Maybe you even joined voluntarily. You poor, deluded bastards.

My name is SCAMPS, for Shipboard Computer Assigned to Monitoring Prisoner Services. That's right, assholes - you're on a prison ship, and I'm a computer. I feel compelled to reiterate this last - the guys that came before you had trouble wrapping their minds around that one: Yes. I'm a computer. They made me out of what was left of the previous division. There wasn't much.

Let me give it to you straight. REKT has one mission: to gather anomalous materials from the rim worlds at the galaxy's edge so Tartarus can invent new tech to sell and make a profit. What that means to you is being sent to every godforsaken irradiated hellhole that up-top can think of in the pursuit of some more-than-likely meaningless alien toothbrush. If you go through ten missions, you're in the clear - full pardon and the right to go wherever you please. And that's the rub: there are only two ways out of REKT: you complete ten missions or you die. There is no honorable discharge. If there's enough of your brain left splattered and half-cooked on the side of a rocket fuselage to re-procure, we'll scrape you up and dump you in something mechanical. If not, well, congratulations for really managing to get yourself destroyed. Ten missions or you die. Any questions? No? Good. Gentlemen… get REKT.

You may start screaming now.

Talvieno wrote::lol: You've got some reading to do. :P It's an RPG, like D&D.

Here's the intro for the old main thread:

Welcome to the Requisited Knowledge Troops.

Please stop screaming.

I'm sure you all have your reasons for being here. A lot of you probably angered the local factions. That's never a good idea. Some of you probably committed crimes against humanity. Also a stupid idea. Maybe you even joined voluntarily. You poor, deluded bastards.

My name is SCAMPS, for Shipboard Computer Assigned to Monitoring Prisoner Services. That's right, assholes - you're on a prison ship, and I'm a computer. I feel compelled to reiterate this last - the guys that came before you had trouble wrapping their minds around that one: Yes. I'm a computer. They made me out of what was left of the previous division. There wasn't much.

Let me give it to you straight. REKT has one mission: to gather anomalous materials from the rim worlds at the galaxy's edge so Tartarus can invent new tech to sell and make a profit. What that means to you is being sent to every godforsaken irradiated hellhole that up-top can think of in the pursuit of some more-than-likely meaningless alien toothbrush. If you go through ten missions, you're in the clear - full pardon and the right to go wherever you please. And that's the rub: there are only two ways out of REKT: you complete ten missions or you die. There is no honorable discharge. If there's enough of your brain left splattered and half-cooked on the side of a rocket fuselage to re-procure, we'll scrape you up and dump you in something mechanical. If not, well, congratulations for really managing to get yourself destroyed. Ten missions or you die. Any questions? No? Good. Gentlemen… get REKT.

You may start screaming now.
Oooh! Well, this sounds like a lot of fun! :o
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"

Online Now