Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: LT forum ART and Hobby Center

Talvieno wrote:Nosy Tal always goes, "Oh, a blog? Cool! And by an awesome person too. I'll just read a few other entries while I'm here." This time Nosy Tal was stopped short by the inability to read anything besides the linked post. :D
Haha :P She used to do a few in English. I want to contribute a bit more and this series is a good way to do that. Also I want to get going on a Dune series at some point, no surprise there :P

Ahh, calligraphy. Used to do that for a while in high school, but kinda stopped because apparently whoever designed our writing system really hated left handed people :ghost:
(the only recommended methods I found were writing under such a steep angle that it was ridiculously annoying to write :problem:
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Dinosawer wrote:Ahh, calligraphy. Used to do that for a while in high school, but kinda stopped because apparently whoever designed our writing system really hated left handed people :ghost:
(the only recommended methods I found were writing under such a steep angle that it was ridiculously annoying to write :problem:
Yes I have to tilt my writing pad at a pretty ridiculous angle. Do you write with your hand over or under the line?

Dinosawer wrote:Over. So to write with my hand in a "natural" position I'd have to turn the page nearly upside down.
I'm over too, but oddly I don't have that problem unless I wanted to be pulling the pen rather than pushing.

With the broad-nibbed calligraphy I started on though I didn't have this problem; broad nibs tolerate pushing much better than the pointed one I tried (and I really don't like pointed-nib, at least at the moment!)

Dinosawer wrote:Pulling the pen was the point of writing upside down, actually - wiping over the letters is just a matter of not writing to fast.
With my broad pens I always got "stuck" in the page to then jump free and make blotches or bad lines when pushing - maybe just bad pens :think:
Could be~ I've found the brand of nibs I'm using now, Brause, don't have that problem, while the Speedball nibs did

Online Now