Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Flatfingers wrote:
BFett wrote:There was more rap and less singing in the 2000's than in the 90's. From what I recall there weren't that many good songs that came out in the 90's either.
This is indisputable truth.

Prior to the '90s, digital fakery, and Western culture turning on itself, making music required talent.

This didn't prevent junk from being made. There was just more actual music, as a percentage of the total, made in the 50-year span from 1940-1990 than from 1990 onward when "music" was redefined as autotuned technical warbling and spewing narcissistic hate at 300 words per minute.

Really, every word I've said here should just be a Wikipedia entry.

Also, I sure hope there's a new devlog soon, because we are so far off-topic that no return may be possible.
If all your dates are adjusted back another 50-100 years I'm in perfect agreement.

Also,
Flat, what if you turn off the radio and listen to music instead of bullshit :V
There is something seriously wrong with you

Scytale wrote:
Flatfingers wrote:
BFett wrote:There was more rap and less singing in the 2000's than in the 90's. From what I recall there weren't that many good songs that came out in the 90's either.
This is indisputable truth.

Prior to the '90s, digital fakery, and Western culture turning on itself, making music required talent.

This didn't prevent junk from being made. There was just more actual music, as a percentage of the total, made in the 50-year span from 1940-1990 than from 1990 onward when "music" was redefined as autotuned technical warbling and spewing narcissistic hate at 300 words per minute.

Really, every word I've said here should just be a Wikipedia entry.

Also, I sure hope there's a new devlog soon, because we are so far off-topic that no return may be possible.
If all your dates are adjusted back another 50-100 years I'm in perfect agreement.

Also,
Flat, what if you turn off the radio and listen to music instead of bullshit :V
There is something seriously wrong with you
"Indisputable truth" was also redefined since I last checked, I guess :lol:

It's taste. It's fine. You don't have to put other people down to enjoy Rachmaninoff.
panic

Mistycica wrote:
Scytale wrote:ok

music from the baroque period is the only acceptable medium of auditory aesthetics you plebs :ghost: :ghost: :ghost: :ghost: :ghost: :ghost: :ghost: :ghost: :ghost: :ghost: :ghost: :ghost: :ghost: :ghost: :ghost: :ghost: :ghost: :ghost: :ghost: :ghost:
Anything other than Gregorian should be punished harshly.
thirds and sixths are gratuitous inventions that should not intrude on the perfect harmony of consecutive fourths, fifths and octaves

diatonic plebs

it's people like you that have lost all respect for modes

you're probably one o' dem lacsivious Ionians

Online Now