Return to “Games”

Re: Post Your Favorite Sci-Fi Concept Art

Silverware wrote:
JanB1 wrote:Because I'm playing [stellaris] atm
Another Stellaris player!
If you are keen to have a multiplayer match after 1.5 drops, come past the IRC. :D
There are about 6 of us who play there, and you would surely be welcome when we get the first big game of the next patch going. :D
So...about Stellaris...

Continued my savegame yesterday, I'm about 10 hours in. Get a message, war declared. "You existed in this galaxy far too long." suddenly, enemy fleets everywhere, 2 planets taken, main flee of mine with about 12k damage is attacked by fleet with about 9k damage, huge battles everywhere. Main Planet captured and Empire collapsed within 20 minutes of gametime.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

*furious ragequit and went to bed (it was 11:30pm and needed to get up early anyways)*
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"

JanB1 wrote:
Silverware wrote:
JanB1 wrote:Because I'm playing [stellaris] atm
Another Stellaris player!
If you are keen to have a multiplayer match after 1.5 drops, come past the IRC. :D
There are about 6 of us who play there, and you would surely be welcome when we get the first big game of the next patch going. :D
So...about Stellaris...

Continued my savegame yesterday, I'm about 10 hours in. Get a message, war declared. "You existed in this galaxy far too long." suddenly, enemy fleets everywhere, 2 planets taken, main flee of mine with about 12k damage is attacked by fleet with about 9k damage, huge battles everywhere. Main Planet captured and Empire collapsed within 20 minutes of gametime.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

*furious ragequit and went to bed (it was 11:30pm and needed to get up early anyways)*
Hi JanB1, yes I found this to be annoying too.. the game wouldn't let me just explore the rest of the planets and research everything :(
Cornflakes has a good recommendation, I believe the trick is to research projectile weapon systems and maybe armour? Cf, can you remind us on how to stand up to these end-game agressors?
:thumbup:
YAY PYTHON \o/

In Josh We Trust
-=326.3827=-

FormalMoss wrote: Cornflakes has a good recommendation, I believe the trick is to research projectile weapon systems and maybe armour? Cf, can you remind us on how to stand up to these end-game agressors?
:thumbup:
My data is a year, one major and numerous minor balance changes out of date. Not sure how useful it'd be :P

I used corvette swarms with striker cores and devastator torpedoes, but that was before the rock-paper-scissors balance changes.

One of my earliest Stellaris games were like this, except I (barely) survived.

tl;dr: Made friends with the Big Bad in the galaxy, everybody tried to wipe us out, homeworld got bombed, almost died but pulled through by a hair.

I started out in a cluster of big guys and quickly made friends with one of them to try to stay alive. This didn't work. As it turns out, the guy I befriended turned out to be the very guy everybody else hated (because he expanded so quickly, thanks to my tributed resources). So everyone ganged up on him. As his place was well-defended, and I was in an alliance with him in the war, naturally they came to kill... me. :shifty: They stormed a gigantic fleet past my forces straight to my homeworld, destroyed everything in the vicinity, and began bombing it into submission. Then the great majority of their fleet left to go attack my ally. If they managed to kill me, we'd lose the war, so I had to survive (or at least find some way to keep them occupied).

But it turned out that whenever I warped my fleet into my home system, their fleet would just leave to go bomb something else. :( Made it very hard to actually make a difference, and we started losing the war.

Fortunately, I had a plan. I split up my army into four parts - two very tiny parts, one medium-sized part, and one massive part (all of which were smaller than the fleet still bombing my home planet). I warped the two smallest in from one direction, and then the medium-sized one from the other, praying they would attack the smallest fleets first. They did. :twisted: As they closed in to wipe out (quite quickly) my smallest fleet, I jumped my largest fleet in through hyperspace, forcing them to fight it. My medium-sized fleet arrived on the scene soon after, crushing their fleet between hammer and anvil. :twisted: To my immense surprise, I actually started winning the fight. They warped their fleet out before I had a chance to completely kill it off, though.

Annnnddd then they brought their whole fleet back for revenge, wiped out every bit of fleet power I had, bombed my home planet into submission and landed their troops. The battle was actually underway on the surface when my ally managed to win the war, stopping the combat midway. :D Very close call - was very exciting.

And now I'm going to split off this discussion into the Stellaris thread, to keep things neat. :)
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

FormalMoss wrote:
Cornflakes_91 wrote: I used corvette swarms with striker cores and devastator torpedoes, but that was before the rock-paper-scissors balance changes.
I might just reinstall Stellaris to try this out, thanks CF :thumbup:
But I've other duties to attend before I can lift one finger to any form of computer game...
;) talv
Its not exactly RPS, but it is closer.
Battleship swarms are still best lategame. :V
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Silverware wrote:
FormalMoss wrote:
Cornflakes_91 wrote: I used corvette swarms with striker cores and devastator torpedoes, but that was before the rock-paper-scissors balance changes.
I might just reinstall Stellaris to try this out, thanks CF :thumbup:
But I've other duties to attend before I can lift one finger to any form of computer game...
;) talv
Its not exactly RPS, but it is closer.
Battleship swarms are still best lategame. :V
Well, 8 battleships and 22 destroyers weren't enough it seems...
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"
Re: Stellaris

xD
When you have specialized battleships in large enough numbers, nothing can really do enough damage to sink one before the battle is over.
Torpedoes and missiles become pointless once PD every fourth ship carries masses of PD and every third ship is a carrier.
(Carriers are great. :D)
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);
Re: Stellaris

Silverware wrote:xD
When you have specialized battleships in large enough numbers, nothing can really do enough damage to sink one before the battle is over.
Torpedoes and missiles become pointless once PD every fourth ship carries masses of PD and every third ship is a carrier.
(Carriers are great. :D)
I used the ship designer completely wrong! :oops:

Oh, and btw: started a new stellaris game. Spiral galaxy with 4 army, only 3 AI. At the moment I'm trapped between a huge pirate fleet with a total of over 20k damage on one side at a narrow (can't get around them and into the further galaxy) and a "fallen civilization" with a force description of approximately "absolutely no fucking chance". They declare war on me occasionally because "I got too near" (well, too bad. I would leave if I could...) and I have to get humiliated and my councillor is killed when I sign the peace treaty. That did happen 3 times now...

So, yeah, it's not as easy as I hoped to build up my civ. But I like it. XD
Nothing to see here

Online Now