Total votes: 5 (22%)
Maybe
Total votes: 9 (39%)
No
Total votes: 2 (9%)
What?
Total votes: 7 (30%)
Total votes: 23
Re: What color should Talvieno's name be?

Talvieno wrote:It's a lot harder to read than other names, though. The more I think about it, the more I think I should've just gone with red. It's easier to see, is already the "LT Team" color, and would be a lot less confusing to newcomers.
I have to agree. (though you know this already) ;)

Too many different colored names already. Though this is cool for long time members. It's not very intuitive for new members that LT "officials" have three different name colors. (plus we have the elder council, bots and indie developers on top of all this)
My Signature

Talvieno wrote:It's a lot harder to read than other names, though. The more I think about it, the more I think I should've just gone with red. It's easier to see, is already the "LT Team" color, and would be a lot less confusing to newcomers.
If only someone suggested that...
oh wait, I did :ghost:
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

I think that in theory, red would be the best option exactly because it's already the color used by anyone in the official LT team. Also, it's far less ugly than the previous one you were using :lol:

In practice, however, there is a problem with it. By using the red color, Talvieno, you might defeat the fact that people usually saw the red anywhere here as an immediate shortcut for "Josh is here!". Sure, other people have or have had the red color. But, you are far more active in the forums than Francois Jolin is, than Andy Thompson was and, hack, than Josh himself is or will likely be. So you using the red creates a practical issue (no more "red = Josh is here", because now red will be everywhere) that others using the red color did not create.

Dinosawer wrote:Yeah, but why does "JOSH IS HERE BECAUSE COLOUR" need to be a thing in the first place? We can read, after all :ghost:
It doesn't. All shortcuts in any subject you can think of are actually dispensable. Isn't that the definition of a shortcut, it is, something that people enjoy using to, well, shortcut on things that they are otherwise still able to do? :P

Online Now