Return to “Dev Logs”

Re: Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Cornflakes_91 wrote:apropos old code revived:

you wouldnt share some of your design thoughts from the "system of the week" so we can stop speculating about what you might be thinking and get to discussing what you are actuall thinking :ghost:
Sure, when I am having design thoughts :ghost: Bringing over platemeshes / planets / etc. wasn't really sparking many gameplay design thoughts, though. We'll get there!
FormalMoss wrote:It's good to hear you're updating the PAX Demo too.
It sounds like you have two versions of LT? The PAX Demo and LT itself. Have you compiled LT to see how it runs with LJ?
Well no, under LuaJIT the PAX demo is the most progressed 'version' of LT. Hence why I'm trying to bring over stuff quickly so that I can get back to having everything that was in LTC++.
FormalMoss wrote:I have a linux laptop on order (it comes with Ubuntu, but I'm thinking of installing Mint on it instead, or I'll just replace Unity with Cinnamon).
What do you recommend for a Kaby Lake CPU with 16 Gb RAM, Josh?
Nice call on the linuxtop :) And erm what do I recommend? What do you mean? With those specs the world is your oyster.... :geek: (I wasn't even aware of Kaby Lake until now, so thanks!)

Nice screenie btw!
Zanteogo wrote:Thanks for the update Josh.
Thanks for sticking around Zanteogo :)
N-Joy wrote:And don't worry about the length of the post. (Like my wife keeps saying) the longer the better. :roll:
:ghost:
cForte wrote:Josh I don't know if you have gotten a chance to check your PM's on this forum so I figured I would post here just in case I helped boost the signal. But I think I found the only copy of luathread still hosted on the net and it the link to it is in a PM I sent to you.
Thank you, I believe I saw it (or have already received the link from someone else?), because I've got the real luathreads DLed and bookmarked. I appreciate you guys hunting it down for me :thumbup:
jarl wrote:As a HTC Vive owner, I am excite!
RedDwarfMining wrote:Yes, I too love my VR headset! Virtual Reality for LT should be a no brainer....and a large selling point.
Yessss :D
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford

Nice, its always a good day with a devlog around.
BFett wrote:I'm loving these logs too. I do hope limit theory continues to run smoothly as more functionality comes online. I honestly hope we see beta this year.
A few weeks ago, few of us dared to think of a new Screenshot by the end of the year. Now hopes for beta this year are slowly returning.

Josheffect ™
More people want exploding kittens than exploding ships. Somehow, this makes me happy.
- credits go to dwmagus

FormalMoss wrote: I have a linux laptop on order (it comes with Ubuntu, but I'm thinking of installing Mint on it instead, or I'll just replace Unity with Cinnamon).
With hardware that powerful aren't you kind of past the point of needing to care about how heavy your desktop environment of choice is? :think:
Personally I love Mint (Cinnamon) because of its Software Manager, Package Manager and Update Manager. It's just a no fuss distro that never gets in my way.

That said, I'm thinking of trying Solus a little down the line once it's a bit more developed (only heard about this distro because of their Linux Steam Integration tool :geek: ).

Also, to Josh - thanks for keeping up with these posts. It's a joy to know what is happening in the world of LT good, bad or amusing. :ghost:

P.S. ~ +1 for LT in VR from me!

JoshParnell wrote:
FormalMoss wrote:I have a linux laptop on order (it comes with Ubuntu, but I'm thinking of installing Mint on it instead, or I'll just replace Unity with Cinnamon).
Nice call on the linuxtop :) And erm what do I recommend? What do you mean? With those specs the world is your oyster.... :geek: (I wasn't even aware of Kaby Lake until now, so thanks!)
Weeelll... if you like to geek out about hardware, you might want to follow some computer hardware magazines in the coming weeks.
AMD Ryzen is about to be released, and some preliminary test results are out. It seems to be viable competition to Intel's E-series :) .

Online Now