Return to “General”

TRAINS!!!!!!

Loooong time lurker here :mrgreen:

Just wanted to get that old feeling back vis a vis Update Anticipation Threads (and trains ofc) :squirrel:

I hope I shocked some people though not enough for a mod to lock this thread :ghost:

I, for one, am excited for a return to a more regular update schedule *fingers crossed*
Re: TRAINS!!!!!!

Will there be trains in LT? If so, what kind of trains would you like to see? Should trains have weapons on them, or should they be defenseless transports of the high speed warp rails? Should they hover over rail or ride on it in elegant brilliance? How do trains affect trade between cities? Should trains have fuel, or run on solar power?

These are the questions of a Limit Theorist who may want to become an engineer. ;)

HowSerendipitous wrote:You.

I like you.

:squirrel:
According to this page on wikipedia we all come from squirrelly creatures:
Image (just wondered about the smiley collection's origins :D )

:monkey: (...no explanation needed)

:ghost: (...run over by a train)

BFett wrote:Will there be trains in LT? If so, what kind of trains would you like to see? Should trains have weapons on them, or should they be defenseless transports of the high speed warp rails? Should they hover over rail or ride on it in elegant brilliance? How do trains affect trade between cities? Should trains have fuel, or run on solar power?

These are the questions of a Limit Theorist who may want to become an engineer. ;)
well I guess if the "warp lanes" (not sure if they were called that) Josh has shown us in a development update video way back when will be in the game then you've got your answers right there, just put as many weapons and other stuff on your "trains" as you want :) although I suppose there could be additional types of transport lanes...but lets not start requesting new features just yet :P

BFett wrote:Will there be trains in LT? If so, what kind of trains would you like to see? Should trains have weapons on them, or should they be defenseless transports of the high speed warp rails? Should they hover over rail or ride on it in elegant brilliance? How do trains affect trade between cities? Should trains have fuel, or run on solar power?

I always had a fascination with militarised trains. Give it siege weaponry! :D Image
<Detritus> I went up to my mom and said "hey... do you feel like giving five dollars to black lives matter?" and she laughed and said no :v <Black--Snow> my life does matter though ~~ added by Hema on Jun 11 2020 (2770)

It's from the phrase, "The Hype Train has no brakes". People started posting pictures of trains that "couldn't be stopped", and it just evolved from there, until trains became a symbol of happiness and goodwill on the LT forums. :D

(Which is why we really need that train smiley)
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Talvieno wrote:It's from the phrase, "The Hype Train has no brakes". People started posting pictures of trains that "couldn't be stopped", and it just evolved from there, until trains became a symbol of happiness and goodwill on the LT forums. :D

....did you just 'mansplain' to Josh? :ghost:
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

DWMagus wrote:
Talvieno wrote:It's from the phrase, "The Hype Train has no brakes". People started posting pictures of trains that "couldn't be stopped", and it just evolved from there, until trains became a symbol of happiness and goodwill on the LT forums. :D

....did you just 'mansplain' to Josh? :ghost:
My Signature

Online Now