Return to “General”

Re: The New Unhappiness Thread

Sarif wrote:
Talvieno wrote:I've spoken to Josh again, and it seems he should have a decent post up within a day to explain everything.
May I ask, Talvieno, what made you think he will/would post ? Did he specifically said he would or was it an assumption on your part ?
Tal wouldn't come and say it here if Josh didn't say it clearly.
Let's not blame Tal for Josh's inability to keep to his self-imposed time schedules :P
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Dinosawer wrote:Tal wouldn't come and say it here if Josh didn't say it clearly.
"it seems" and "he should" are strongly nuancing the affirmation, so apprently there is a possibility that Josh didn't say "clearly" he would post. Perhaps Talvieno was led to infer that Josh would post because of clues, and not because a real promise/affirmation was made by Josh. That's what I am enquiring about.
Dinosawer wrote:Let's not blame Tal for Josh's inability to keep to his self-imposed time schedules
I'm not blaming Talvieno, especially since he is the single one person that posts actual bits of information.

Sarif wrote:
Talvieno wrote:I've spoken to Josh again, and it seems he should have a decent post up within a day to explain everything.
May I ask, Talvieno, what made you think he will/would post ? Did he specifically said he would or was it an assumption on your part ?
The former. I didn't really "think he would", either. I was merely reporting that he said he would. I was hopeful, but also careful not to state it as fact.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image
Re: The General Unhappiness Thread

Well regardless of source, I for one am unhappy to have another promise broken. Each time it happens I'm afraid damages the trust further. I really do feel like Josh is testing the "limit theory philosophy" on the forum members here. Just how many times can he fail to deliver and still have people remain interested in seeing what he'll do next?

I'm reaching a point where I just won't care if the game comes out at all anymore; there are many great games I won't play because I don't like how the developers handled their communication with their community, or just general business practices. Josh earned himself a lot of goodwill. It's really sad to see him pissing it away, but ultimately the only choices I can make are my own; whether or not to support this developer is one such choice, and I'm only hanging on to a thread because *if* as Tal suggested he *does* post this week (because let's face it, "today" is way too definite for certain people,) and *if* the content contained therein is *substantial, and definitive* I might be willing to forgive some as long as any promises made therein are consistently delivered on.

But, if not, well. It wouldn't be the first time dishonesty ruined a project.

And whatever claims we may make about Josh and his intentions, dishonesty has been clearly demonstrated. "I will do X" followed by *not doing X* is dishonest, no matter how you look at it.

Not sure if this has been discussed over the last few years but, as an ultimate outcome:

Game is never delivered but Josh, having got his money from the Kickstarter, hands over the existing source code to the community to do with it what they will.

At that point it will have been all for naught, Josh's name will have been tarnished but something good may still come from the whole sorry affair. Community projects could spring up and actually deliver something.

Longtime lurker.

I'm starting to wonder if Josh is actually some kind of social scientist, and this forum is an experiment to see how long a group of people can be lead along with minimal information.

Hahaha.

I do look forward to the game, if ever released. I've got a routine of checking the forum every couple months now, and I'm not sure why I chose to post now that it's pretty much all over, but, uh, hi everyone!

See you in a few months.

Online Now